What is keeping it real in 2011?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 1, 2011
keepin it real: doing what you know, and doing what you can. at the same time expanding and learning striving for the best no matter how farfetch'd ones desires may be. bottom line - never give up.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
Keeping it real to me means being yourself regardless. I don't hold back in any situation...I am who I am.

For example, if I can clown the shit out of one of my boys, I can clown the shit out of a female. I even talk shit to my mom, and she talks shit back...that's just who we are. I tell everybody in my life that if they can't take jokes, they shouldn't even fuck with me 'cause I will lay into 'em one day to see how they react. I don't kick it with people who take everything seriously...life is fun to me, so learn to laugh at it and yourself.

I made the water drop sound with my mouth at my last job interview...it's just something I do when I'm bored...and I still got the job. I'm the same guy at all times, whether I'm behind a desk, at home with my family, in a studio, or with my folks. I feel that when you change yourself for somebody (i.e. a boss), you can lose your identity and become your work self at home...and that's bad for the life business.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Keeping it real to me means being yourself regardless. I don't hold back in any situation...I am who I am.

For example, if I can clown the shit out of one of my boys, I can clown the shit out of a female. I even talk shit to my mom, and she talks shit back...that's just who we are. I tell everybody in my life that if they can't take jokes, they shouldn't even fuck with me 'cause I will lay into 'em one day to see how they react. I don't kick it with people who take everything seriously...life is fun to me, so learn to laugh at it and yourself.

I made the water drop sound with my mouth at my last job interview...it's just something I do when I'm bored...and I still got the job. I'm the same guy at all times, whether I'm behind a desk, at home with my family, in a studio, or with my folks. I feel that when you change yourself for somebody (i.e. a boss), you can lose your identity and become your work self at home...and that's bad for the life business.
see this is where we differ. if you're able to make noises and shit during a job interview and still get the job, more power to you. personally, I'm not gonna act the same way as when I'm clownin with my boys when I'm interviewing for a job. I don't think that means I'm fake. I just gottaplay the role. now once I get established at the workplace and get to feel out my manager and co-workers, I'll start to joke around more, and act more like myself. at the same time if I'm on the phone with or emailing clients, no fucking way. I'm putting on my super square customer service voice.

not saying you're wrong or anything. just differing opinions. no hate or anything, if it works for you, do you.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
see this is where we differ. if you're able to make noises and shit during a job interview and still get the job, more power to you. personally, I'm not gonna act the same way as when I'm clownin with my boys when I'm interviewing for a job. I don't think that means I'm fake. I just gottaplay the role. now once I get established at the workplace and get to feel out my manager and co-workers, I'll start to joke around more, and act more like myself. at the same time if I'm on the phone with or emailing clients, no fucking way. I'm putting on my super square customer service voice.

not saying you're wrong or anything. just differing opinions. no hate or anything, if it works for you, do you.
I'm not a joker 100% of the time. I am serious at work, and I'm a pro at dealing with customers and satisfying them...because I'm not really a prick or an idiot like some believe. But yea, I do some things that make people say, "WTF are you doing"...like the water drop sound. The manager laughed when I did that. Maybe that's why I got hired...who knows?

I treat everybody in my life with respect (at work and at home). I don't clown on my boss or fellow employees though, because I don't hold them close enough to care if they can take a joke or not. I don't kick it, drink, or have outside relationships with coworkers. I go to work to do my job, but I'm still myself...I have fun while I'm there. I make noises, I'm random, but when it's go time...I'm professional.

And no, you're not fake for playing the role...you're being smart about it. I'd say you play it a little smarter and safer than I do, but my dad raised me to conform to society...so naturally, I did the opposite.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
the same thing that was keeping it real all the years before me

you cant just keep it real in 2011, or youd be a fake muthafucka all your life up until now

its something thats a collective effort of your entire life

hopefully youve had guidance enough to be solid all your life and not just one year, or a few years, but every year youve ever lived, thats how you should be

if anyone needed this thread for ideas on how to keep it real, thats sad..just be you and if you aint 'keeping it real' then its okay, it just wasnt meant for you. thats fine. theres more to life than keeping it real, but theres millions of ways one could live his life, whatever keeps you on the path of enlightenment is the best choice. im getting older and i have more complex questions on my mind at this point, that type of shit is literally automatic for me.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
I'm not reading this thread, or care about how you "keep it real". This is gangsta rap website and more than half the people that post here are fake. lol

Oct 11, 2009
KEEPING IT REAL TO ME IS DOING YOU.. NOT TRYING TO BE WHAT EVERYBODY ELSE WANTS YOU TO BE.. NOT JUST TELLING PEOPLE THE THINGS THEY WANNA HEAR... BEING ABLE TO BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF ABOUT WHO YOU ARE... NOT LETTING OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF YOU ALTER HOW YOU ACT TO APPEASE TO THEM...