What ever happened to music that didn't have to grow on you?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 19, 2004
What happened to the days where you popped a tape or cd in, or even heard a song on the radio and was immediately noddin ya head and really feelin it? I honestly cant remember the last time I heard a song and I was immediately on. It seems like everything has to grow on me nowadays before I really get into it. This isn't authentic to me because still I don't really "like" the song but after being force fed it so much I start to. I don't know, maybe I'm gettin bored with music or if the quality just really isn't there for me anymore. I can honestly say that I haven't liked the evolution that some of my favorite artist sounds have had but its not just them its everybody. Its like nowadays you have to be forced to like something instead of it happening naturally. I don't know, thought I'd post this to see what some of y'all feel.

Jun 25, 2005
I think its a fan's excuse to tell a rapper their shits weak LOL. I dont know I guess for me I can still find some songs that I can genuinely dig...

May 15, 2003
part of it is this...with all the downloading people arent really giving as much of a shit about their music, and they are the ones who set the standards, so people just starting out listening to music hear the weak shit and think thats how its supposed to be

Nov 14, 2002
a lot of artist and record labels are scared to take chances or gamble on making creative music these days so they follow the formula rather than try something new or do what they feel is right.

DJ_JG

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2008
Agree 100% music nowadays you dont just hear once and know it's the one. Even the Tear Gas album had to grow on me