What effect is this?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 1, 2003
I don't know about other programs...but in Cool Edit Pro 2(now called Adobe Audition)there's this effect called chorus...you can specify the number of voices applied to the effect and set the length of the delay between the voices. or maybe just a simple echo and adjust the settings...lots of ways to get the same outcome.

Apr 27, 2003
www.mymproductions.com
????

I know when I want somthing to sound like its in the back of the mix I put some reverb on it.... kinda makes it sound like its "far away" .... hope that helps.... Try fuckin with the reverb in cool edit...CoolEdit has some really nice sounding reverbs.....:beard:

Apr 25, 2002
I'm not referring to like an echo or reverb.. I want plain vocals to sound like they're in the background with no echo or reverb.. so they just sound like someone is talking in the background.. seems kinda hard to explain.

Apr 25, 2002
^^^

How about "Triccs" off killa tay's Mr. Mafioso album? In the beginning of that track, he talks and u can here like the side comments he makes in the background, which those comments sound like he's talkin in the background if you get what I mean.. I'm tryna find out how to make vocals sound like they in the background like those side comments... right on.

May 1, 2003
Young D-A-T said:
I'm not referring to like an echo or reverb.. I want plain vocals to sound like they're in the background with no echo or reverb.. so they just sound like someone is talking in the background.. seems kinda hard to explain.
???

record whatever you wanna say on track one.....
press stop....disarm track one from recording....arm track 2 for recording....press record ....say whatever "side comments" you like on track 2....press stop...turn down the volume a lil bit on track 2...press play to listen to what you just recorded.. WAHLLAH!
You can get some multitrack recorders here to experiment with...if you don't have one!
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/win95/MULTITRACK_RECORDING/

for all systems win95-XP and Mac ...have fun

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
I'm pretty sure Sick Wid It doesn't listen to Killa Tay. But I could be wrong? lol

I found the song online and listened to it.....that shit is elementary. All he's doin' is multiple tracks mixed at different volumes. LIke Dobie said.....record one track.....then another....then another. You layer them joints at different volumes and presto!

And for our next lesson class.....we're going to explore panning (left and right balance). When you want to get real complicated.....start panning individual tracks a little bit and see what it sounds like.