what does GAMES 98K first week mean for the west?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 17, 2002
i have not heard any of these new up and coming la artists but it seems la rappers are using a sound that's even more outdated and/or useless than the bay. that's why cats like nipsey hustle don't sell anything because that la g funk is really dated. Glasses Malone isn't doing anything noteworthy in terms of sales. all of warren g and mack 10's comeback attempts have been duds. how much does odd future really sell? detox is never coming out. if xhibit came out again no one would buy his stuff. cali swag district was a one hit wonder. if you're talking about sales only snoop and game can make them.

Feb 7, 2006
noyhing people outside of cali think California or LA is just old crips and bloods and if they know about the Bay they just think they're weirdos.

Dec 2, 2006
What was the albums' overall overhead costs? ? How much revenue did the album generate or is now projected to generate based on these numbers? Only then can the real question be answered. Was there a + or - gain.

Good or bad, it is about numbers and end result.

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
"Back in Cali niggas blazin stress, waitin on Detox to save the west. Even if the shit is dope, it aint givin you niggas hope, unless your signatures wrote on a check from Interscope. NOPE, move on." - Crooked I

obviously this thread is about R.E.D. and not about Detox, but it definitely applies. People need to stop waiting for "the west" or any region to do good. Its not about regions like it was in the past. The top 5 current rappers are from Detroit, NY, Chicago, Canada and Louisiana.

Aug 24, 2003
im looking at all those numbers in the original post and shit looks like a foreign language to me
lol but seriously
its kind of surprising to me that GAME sold that many records in the first week. but like someone said... what were his production and overhead costs + everything else overall?

Jul 13, 2007
www.hottsauce.com
I think the games label fucked him, on the push backs, he had to drop like 3 mixtapes for free??? his fans already had enough music from him they could stand, then a album just too much game. and on top of that , he really didnt have a hit hit on the radio like he has b4. I brought the RED ALBUM tho, because im a fan, tha album is ok, to me its the worst of all his albums, but not a bad album at all. I think waynes album was the worst of the Carter collections too, but again good album.

Jul 21, 2002
The Games album RED is heat. jayz and kanyes album is the worst album i heard in years for a mainstream artist. i gave games album 9/10. jayz and kayne album 1/10. another good album out is ace hood.

Oct 28, 2005
with that being said i heard the first 4 or 5 songs off the games album and they sound pretty good to me..i bet if Mac Dre was still alive he would be big right now in the industry but it is what it is..

Jan 18, 2006
I think the games label fucked him, on the push backs, he had to drop like 3 mixtapes for free??? his fans already had enough music from him they could stand, then a album just too much game. and on top of that , he really didnt have a hit hit on the radio like he has b4. I brought the RED ALBUM tho, because im a fan, tha album is ok, to me its the worst of all his albums, but not a bad album at all. I think waynes album was the worst of the Carter collections too, but again good album.
To add on to that he kept having all these youtube videos weighing his opinion on things (dissing Kreayshawn for example) like anybody gives a flying fuck. He was begging for more attention then Messy Marv and thats not good. He dissed 50 (time and time again) and Jay Z, do that and you lose a lot of fans or potential sales whatever you want to call it.