what do you think it takes to start your own sketch comedy show

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 21, 2006
instead of thinking big think small. Andy samberg, who is now on SNL started his sketch show online, won a few contests with their sketches, then got him and his writers signed to SNL. I'm guessing you have nothing on your resume, or any money, and nobody watches public access.
And i don't know where you get off thinking your just going to get on tv, do you have any idea how that shit works?
This guy has been trying to make a show for about 3 years now, and has talked to multiple production companies, and written a NY times best seller on the material his show would be based off of, and i bet he's about 300 times more interesting than you:
www.tuckermax.com , and he is still having trouble. prove your ingenuity first, then try to get something together, you can't start on the bottom and go straight to the top.

Jun 6, 2006
i use to work for a tv show before, and i do have a resume with legit companies that are doing well,plus i have my own film production company...like i got ideas like chapelle i dont kno if they was doing things in 1 studio or just on location,he didnt have spectacular editors eitehr and it got te job done...

im a few steps closer to joings the WGA of the west, peep my signature....november 1st...go research some stuff yourself.i appreciate the help but dont question my creditbillity like that

Jun 6, 2006
instead of thinking big think small. Andy samberg, who is now on SNL started his sketch show online, won a few contests with their sketches, then got him and his writers signed to SNL.
you see thats inspirational,these are things im trying to hear...do u have a link to his website perhaps?

Jun 6, 2006
This guy has been trying to make a show for about 3 years now, and has talked to multiple production companies, and written a NY times best seller on the material his show would be based off of, and i bet he's about 300 times more interesting than you:
thats the life for most screenwriters and actors,who said this shit was easy? its called getting lucky,or getting a break....u never kno,my shit can jump right off the first day..i have hella movie scripts like big budget films,i just havnt pitched them to anybody yet

Aug 20, 2003
www.myspace.com
thats the life for most screenwriters and actors,who said this shit was easy? its called getting lucky,or getting a break....u never kno,my shit can jump right off the first day..i have hella movie scripts like big budget films,i just havnt pitched them to anybody yet
SHUT......THE....FUUCK...UP!
SERIOUSLY BRUH, IT'S GETTIN TO THE POINT WHERE PEOPLE WILL PAY TO SEE YOU GET SUCKA PUNCHED WITH ALL THAT BULLSHIT YOU TALK ABOUT!

Oct 21, 2006
Yeah with youtube you could really get something started along with online promotion. Look at Tay Zonday, OK Go (they did the treadmill video), Soulja Boy, etc etc. All of those videos were hella simple and low budget, it just spread all over the internet.

Jun 6, 2006
Yeah with youtube you could really get something started along with online promotion. Look at Tay Zonday, OK Go (they did the treadmill video), Soulja Boy, etc etc. All of those videos were hella simple and low budget, it just spread all over the internet.
yea thats what i was thinking too,especially with animation,me and my boy in japan are thinking bout making our own cartoon too,plus we got the programs to do it now,we are learning how to work it...its a lil easier for me cuz i kno a lil bit about keyframing...im bout to learn action scripting i got hella materials on it,just been doing other things liek film editing

Oct 21, 2006
yea thats what i was thinking too,especially with animation,me and my boy in japan are thinking bout making our own cartoon too,plus we got the programs to do it now,we are learning how to work it...its a lil easier for me cuz i kno a lil bit about keyframing...im bout to learn action scripting i got hella materials on it,just been doing other things liek film editing
Iono.. animation is a BITCH. iono maybe you guys got a good system or are skillled at it. when I did it it was painful. we used illustrator and then aftereffects to animate everything.