What do you Guys think of Mixtapes?...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 25, 2005
depends...if you used jacked beats (were all guilty of it) make sure theyre not the hot beat to spit on at the time, you know the fuckin beat everyone hears everyday...use some harder to find, more unknown ones..

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
Im usually not interested but every once and a while I will find one worth listening to. I just hate that some artists rely on mixtapes instead of real albums....mixtapes has made a lot of artists lazy...

Jul 29, 2008
I dont see a problem with mixtapes. Now there are bunch of people taht dont need to putting out mixtapes.. but who am I to judge.

I personally like em and again, as I mentioned in that thread, its just another outlet for artists to put their spin on a beat.

Maybe its not big here in the west, but in the East, Mixtapes are their own circuit.

Feb 24, 2007
Im usually not interested but every once and a while I will find one worth listening to. I just hate that some artists rely on mixtapes instead of real albums....mixtapes has made a lot of artists lazy...
That's what I'm saying. It always comes back to Spider Loc (and Crooked I for that matter) ... how are you going to put out 50 mixtapes and no album?? After awhile you just flame out.

Apr 6, 2009
Im tired of them never was into them but I admit I got a couple mixtapes, just wanna hear more original beats. Like HIM was saying artist are getting to lazy, need to spend more time on their projects.

Jan 28, 2010
www.rxboyz.com
The term "mixtape" is mis-used alot....nowadays, alot of artists put primariliy original material on them but don't have the funds to promote a big release hence "mixtape"
or "street album". Pie-Rx utilizes mixtapes as a method to promote our new aritsts and even release our established artists material that isnt big enough to justify a huge budget or promo. Sometimes we have DJ's sometimes its bleneded, and sometimes its more just like a street album. To each their own.

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
I like mixtapes. I don't mind hearing some of my favorite rappers rap over someone elses beat. They make the song that much better if they have a good flow over the beat. For example, I hated that Window Shopper song but loved it when Yukmouth rapped over it on the Regime mixtape dissing Gay-Unit.

Oct 6, 2005
Those Re-Up Gang/Clipse mixtapes (Got It For Cheap series) are the f*ckin' business... Sh*t, so is Slick's 'Mitchy Duz It'... It all depends on the approach to me...!