What do you do for a living?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
I teach a class on the neuroscience of sensation and perception, where I go over the sensory signals from the physical energy, to the method of transduction where they are turned into a nerve signal (i.e photoreceptors in the eye for vision, hair cells in the cochlea for hearing, etc.) through the neural pathways in the brain that process the signals at more and more complex levels. Also a lab class on cognitive science, where the kids replicate classic cognitive psychology experiments that demonstrate some fundamentals about the way the brain works, and then come up with their own simple experiments they can carry out in class and do they. Its kind of a nice class, because its usually their first exposure to actually doing any kind of hands on science, as opposed to passive learning.
I envy your employment, and no im not being sarcastic. I have a BA in psych but has accumulated to jack shit.

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
Own a couple small biz. Construction. Roofs Windows siding and decks to be specific. High end residential mostly. Love my work.

Any carpenters n the Seattle area w truck n tools? I got that work
that's the kind of thing I like to see on here. If we all collectively used our hookups and skills, we could really help one another

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I work for an aircraft leasing company in San Francisco. I'm like one of the lowest paid people here, but I work in a cool office where there is a break room full of free food and drinks. There are many parties with lots of alcohol and they send us on a retreat every year where we all get our own room at a really nice hotel and get treated first class. I've been here for just over 5 years. .
You bout to crush the Catalina Wine Mixer?

Last edited:

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
dazzling!!
GHP @GHP look what the cat dragged in! I haven't seen you on here for a long time
ant_johnson_16 @ant_johnson_16 I forgot to mention that is a great thing about my job. I can wear headphones most of the day. I listen to old Howard Stern shows and stuff