What classics would you like to see make a return?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 17, 2008
With the next gen release of Bionic Commando (Iam getting this one) and the release of 360 Marketplace of Bionic Commando Rearmed I got to thinking of some titles I would like to see come back from the grave.

1. Shining Force
2. New Punchout
3. Shatterhand
4. Double Dragon
5. Streets of Rage
6. Breath of Fire
7. Rolling Thunder
8. Flashback
9. Contra
10. Chakan the Forever Man
11. Altered Beast

Just a few.

If all these game came out on next gen on the same day........I would move my bills up to another date.

Jan 17, 2008
I thought they remade Shining Force for PS2?
Not in the traditional sense of Shining Force.

They're still making BOF games and honestly I don't think part 1 was all that great. I liked 2 and 3. 4 is good so far.

RE: Contra, ever played Metal Slug? If not go to an arcade or buy the anthology online. You'll absolutely love it, far superior than most of contra's sequals.

Metal Slug is the shit. I played that game on Gameboy Advance forever.

SoR and DD were so much fun, I don't want a remake as much as I want a collection disc released.

Yeah That would be nice, but I think with the right developer Streets of Rage or Double Dragon would be real tight (God Of War or Prince of Persia)

Was flashback that wierd game with alians and some fool with wierd green glasses on the cover?

Yeah that was it, I can not remember the second one, my friend had it and I used to play it. I played and beat both. the other one was outworld or something like that. I forget.

I think they remade Altered Beast for PS2 as well.

Yeah, but it was only released in Japan. I actually have the gameboy version though.

I replied to you in your own post.

P.S. Do you have mugen? If not not would you like a link for it prepackeged with characters. let me know and I will pm you the link. i think It has some Guilty Gear Characters.

Peace.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
I thought they remade Shining Force for PS2?

They're still making BOF games and honestly I don't think part 1 was all that great.

RE: Contra, ever played Metal Slug? If not go to an arcade or buy the anthology online. You'll absolutely love it, far superior than most of contra's sequals.

SoR and DD were so much fun, I don't want a remake as much as I want a collection disc released.

Was flashback that wierd game with alians and some fool with wierd green glasses on the cover?

I think they remade Altered Beast for PS2 as well.
Yea ima cop that Metal Slug anthology asap.. Wasn't their like a SNK game pack released for the WII too??

Anyways here's a few games i'd like to see released or updated re-released..

Toe Jam and Earl

Chrono Cross or Chrono Trigger

Remake of Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back In Time or w/e (from the Super Nintendo)

Updated FF7 on a next gen console

"That one game" where you played as a kid caveman with a giant stick thingy, that i think was released for the sega gen (been looking for this games name for awhile, any help would be apreciated!)

Theres more i just cant think of them atm.. :) Ill repost 'em later.

Oh yeah how could i forget.. Mutant League Football! And maybe even a new Blitz would be dope.

Dec 6, 2005
in no order

1)Ghouls and Ghosts
2)Turtles in Time
3)Final Fight
4)Clay Fighters
5)Killer Instinct
6)Maximum Carnage
7)Spiderman and X-Men:Arcade's Revenge
8)The Death And Return Of Superman
9)X-Men:Mutant Apocalypse
10)Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:Tournament Fighters

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
in no order

1)Ghouls and Ghosts
2)Turtles in Time
3)Final Fight
4)Clay Fighters
5)Killer Instinct
6)Maximum Carnage
7)Spiderman and X-Men:Arcade's Revenge
8)The Death And Return Of Superman
9)X-Men:Mutant Apocalypse
10)Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:Tournament Fighters
TURTLES IN TIME THATS THA NAME.. I've played that game over and over like 100 times on my Super Nintendo as a kid :)

Apr 25, 2002
www.dreamtdk.com
I'm gonna add another one, almost forgot about it too, Weaponlord, that shit was dope as fuck on the SNES and Genesis, it's made by Namco, and I think instead of the Star Wars characters they should have put in some of the ones from Weaponlord in it, seeing as it's already owned by Namco there wouldn't be a need to purchase a license, but still, a new version on the current gen systems would be good too...
http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/weaponlord/weaponlord.htm

Apr 8, 2005
i just wish they would take all the resident evils, make them next gen console graphics, and make them more like resident evil 4, but keep the puzzles

Jan 17, 2008
I sold my copy of UN Squadron a little while ago. Sick game though. Weaponlord was tight. I can't find a decent rom of it though. :(

Prince, I had a mugen. I was trying to make my own game but then my harddrive crashed and that was the end of that.

Have you played the demo of Scarlet Weather Rhapsody?
Naa, I never heard of it. Do you want a copy of the Mugen that I have. Its pre-loaded with characters but its a start.

Feb 7, 2006
I want some new versions of these for the 360...
-Splatterhouse
-Shadow Dancer
-Altered Beast
-Chakan The Forever Man
-Blaster Master
-Rocket Knight Adventures
-Saturday Night Slam Masters
-King of The Monsters
Splatterhouse was the shit back in the day a new installment of that series is definitely needed.