What are your favorite animated movies and tv shows?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Waltz with Bashir (2008) - Ari Folman

In reflecting upon his time spent in the Israeli army, filmmaker Ari Folman has produced WALTZ WITH BASHIR, a profoundly moving antiwar meditation that is equal parts personal memoir, history lesson, and animated fever dream. In 1982, Folman was a soldier during Israel's first invasion of Lebanon. This was a painful moment in history, when the newly elected president of Lebanon, Bashir Gemayel, was killed in an explosion. Furious, his party, the Christian Phalangists, retaliated by storming into the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps and massacring thousands of innocent victims. Over 20 years later, Folman is disturbed to realize that he has no memory of this incident even though he was there at the time. In order to remember, he tracks down several of his friends and soldiers who were there with him to find out what really happened. WALTZ WITH BASHIR is as difficult to categorize as it is to forget. It is a truly startling achievement, a film that can be classified as animation and documentary and history and fiction. It is all of those things at once, and it is also much more than that. Folman uses a combination of Flash animation, 3D, and classic animation to bring his film to visual life, but it is the beautifully haunting score by acclaimed German composer Max Richter that provides the film with its heart and soul. As WALTZ WITH BASHIR unfolds in dreamlike waves, Folman understands that guilt is a dangerous thing, and war is even worse.
Amazing.

DNI

Sicc OG
May 5, 2002
i'll go with the obvious, The Simpsons (seasons 1-10 or so)
I don't watch alot of anime but Akira and Ninja Scroll are great, and of course Cowboy Bebop..

Metalocalypse

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Akira
Afro Samurai
Simpsons
Fritz The Cat
South Park
etc.
and I check out most of the Disney Pixar Dreamworks movies.

But I was and still am a big fan of Dragonball! I got the complete Dragonball Z collection. Love it. Can't wait for my son to get old enough so I can watch it with him...

There was one animated movie about the drop of the A-Bomb on Hiroshima. That was pretty good. If anybody know what I'm talkin about help me out with a name!

Dec 7, 2005
BESIDES MOST THE AS SHOWS ALL READY LISTED:

HELLSING ULTIMATE OVA, WAY BETTER THAN THE ANIME

DBZ MOVIES (1ST TWO BROLY MOVIES, SUPER ANDROID 13) IN JAPANESE W/ SUBTITLES CUZ THE ENGLISH VOICE OVERS ARE CORNEY AS FUCK

AFRO SAMURAI, BOTH THE SERIES AND RESURRECTION ARE DOPE

ANGELINA AS A NAKED GOLD DRAGON LADY, OHH YEAH