Westbound 24-7 "Lickwid Funk" (1998) - OG? Value?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 29, 2006
925 Deep East Bay
I searched on the net and found nothing. I'll try put up a scan if needed.

I'm goin off of rapmusicguide's database. I found this CD a couple days ago, but it differs a lot from this one..

Westbound 24-7 - Lickwid Funk: CDs | Rap Music Guide

On my copy.. the color & tint on the front and back covers is lighter, the Parental Advisory stamp looks different, there's a lot more text on the insert (and its a different font), the side labels are white with black writing, and the tracklisting on the back cover includes the featured artists (in yellow text) next to tracks #5, #6, #7, #8, and #10.

I'm assuming I have a 1st pressing, but I'm not sure. Can anymore confirm this?

Also, what would the value be?

Thanks.

EDIT: Here's some pics I took with my phone..

Last edited:
May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
^^ yeah it's rare. I don't know if you're familiar with Ant-Dog, but basically, him and DJ Klark Gable were the first Marin City artists on wax and 2Pac's early years in the bay were with them guys. Reason bein why 2pac's mom helped out promoting this Westbound cd. MC Ant-Dog & The Tempo Of Boom bein the most earliest record i've seen surfacing. There's probably a junt from the late 80's out there. Ant-Dog (Anthony Dimituis), DJ Clark Gable, Ryan D. These are bascially the guys who incepted the way of "thug life" into 2Pacs repertoire man.

guessin you'd be a big fan of bay rap heritage, if you've not read up on it before:

Tupac Shakur Detailed Biography | WestLord.com

I'm sure Troy talks about it in the Illegally Insane double disc inlay to that effect also. Shit i can never remember the name of their crew and i cant find ma double disc... O.N.E. - one nation emcees.

Props: Mexicalian82
May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
no problem. It's that sorta grassroots info gets forgotten about. Yeap Ant-Dog's one and only full solo cd is "Out Da Trunk". "Doggiestyle" was meant to drop in '93 but for numerous reasons didn't :) shame though cause he was talkin bout that shit even back in 1990 on his Overnight Success single w/ Klark Gable.

And nah i don't know any of these guys, just shit i hear on wax man! i'm out in the UK :siccness:

12ManRambo TAPES * Northern Cali RAP Cassettes '85-'99: MC Ant Dog & The Tempo Of Boom - Tempo Of Boom / New Thang (Marin, 1989)

12ManRambo TAPES * Northern Cali RAP Cassettes '85-'99: AntDog - Sampler (Marin, '93)

MC Antdog & DJ Gable - Overnight Success: Cassette Tapes | Rap Music Guide

also the 24/7 disc on the reissue for some odd reason says "1997", yours too?

Man i'm messin with peoples heads here. But really, the one Mexicalian82 has is the original.