Went out and had me a spending spree

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Like i've been saying, I sold a bunch of stuff and got me a little cash to work with and I blew it all and thensome today lol.

I went and got that new Dell Studio XPS this mutherfucker is loaded with that new i7 intel quadcore 6 gigs of DDR3 ram and a 640 gig hard drive, this badboy was number one since i can use it for way more than just recording music and making beats, My final goal is to have a full blown multimedia workstation crackin, audio/video/photo the whole 9

So i slid over to guitar center and got that Akai MPD32 controller, seems to be built pretty solid nice pads and knobs and shit, i was debating on either this or that new mashine NI has. it was a toss up and i went with the MPD.

I also got the reason 4 upgrade with recycle. I was getting burned out on reason 3 but i was thinking i already know how to use it really well, might as well upgrade and learn the new shit on it. will be a quicker learning curve than learning a whole new way of doing things with the mashine or an MV or MPC. With recycle i can get my chop on the right way instead of imoprting little chops from my super streamline version of cubase and mapping them in reason (pain in the ass)

Lastly i copped the Artura Factory analog experience VST that comes with an integrated controller. I gotta say out the box this is the finest built midi controller I've ever touched. Built like a tank out of aluminium and real wood panel sides. I'm hoping the controller will work well with reason because for now I'm virtually DAW less, maybe my old ass versian of cubase can host it. from the demos it sounds great, I wanna eventually wanna make samples with it and chop em up in recycle and drop em into rex or nnxt.

All in all I dropped just about 2 racks today, i can't believe i spent that much money but i think in the end its gonna be worth it. I'm glad my gf has no idea how much this shit costs lol shed probably try to bug out on me! I'm about halfway done with the foundation to my audio suite, in the next few months i wanna get a new interface with more i/o and a good DAW and some plugins. I wanna get my setup to the level that i can record bands. It will take time but at least i got my ass off the pot and am moving in the right direction.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I gotta wait till Dell gets my comp to me to know for sure but I'm just really inpressed with the build of the controller. I woulda paid the 220 bucks just for it, the synth is supposed to be real nice too though, over 3000 tweakable sounds with seamless integration. I got a deal on it too I couldnt pass it up

i wish all midi controllers were built that well, i wish they would make a pad controller this nice. That would be your real "MPC Killa" especially if it was fully integrated, the mashine comes real close everyhing except the rubber pads and buttons. Its still solid though probably a tad better than the mpd 32. If i didn't already have reason and didnt get the $130 upgrade i woulda got mashine

Mar 17, 2006
I went and got that new Dell Studio XPS this mutherfucker is loaded with that new i7 intel quadcore 6 gigs of DDR3 ram and a 640 gig hard drive, this badboy was number one since i can use it for way more than just recording music and making beats, My final goal is to have a full blown multimedia workstation crackin, audio/video/photo the whole 9
I got the Dell Studio (non XPS) several months ago and it's working out good. The deafult install had some currupt shit in the video drivers. It was crashing every two days. I reinstalled the video driver and its been solid since. I'm suprised at how few compatibility problems I'm having with Vista 64. I fully expected to have to blow it out with XP but so far so good. Nice to be able to use all my ram, even though many programs still don't see it all. I'm suprised you didn't get 8gb ram. Mine was like 3o bucks upgrade to go from the default 4gb to 8gb. your 6 is still plenty though.

So i slid over to guitar center and got that Akai MPD32 controller, seems to be built pretty solid nice pads and knobs and shit, i was debating on either this or that new mashine NI has. it was a toss up and i went with the MPD.

I really wish you had got Maschine so you could tell us all about it :)

I also got the reason 4 upgrade with recycle. I was getting burned out on reason 3 but i was thinking i already know how to use it really well, might as well upgrade and learn the new shit on it. will be a quicker learning curve than learning a whole new way of doing things with the mashine or an MV or MPC. With recycle i can get my chop on the right way instead of imoprting little chops from my super streamline version of cubase and mapping them in reason (pain in the ass)
I bought a legit Reason 4 from someone, legal transfer and all, recently. How much was the reason 4/recycyle deal?

I have a 'borrowed' recycle i've been using off and on for a few years. My setup is about 80% legit though, I could never quite justify the $250 (i think?) that they still want for Recycle, an old-ass program that hasn't been updated in a million years. Not to say it ain't great.

Lastly i copped the Artura Factory analog experience VST that comes with an integrated controller. I gotta say out the box this is the finest built midi controller I've ever touched. Built like a tank out of aluminium and real wood panel sides. I'm hoping the controller will work well with reason because for now I'm virtually DAW less, maybe my old ass versian of cubase can host it. from the demos it sounds great, I wanna eventually wanna make samples with it and chop em up in recycle and drop em into rex or nnxt.

wow, that sounds nice man. I had never heard that about the controller for it, sounds like a keeper. What does that run for?

All in all I dropped just about 2 racks today, i can't believe i spent that much money but i think in the end its gonna be worth it. I'm glad my gf has no idea how much this shit costs lol shed probably try to bug out on me!

It's all good, I just sent this post to her, ha-haa.

One time I bought something new for hella bank and hid my Boss DR-670 for awhile and told my wife I did a straight up trade :). then a couple of months later, broke the BOSS back out and she never noticed...

I'm about halfway done with the foundation to my audio suite, in the next few months i wanna get a new interface with more i/o and a good DAW and some plugins. I wanna get my setup to the level that i can record bands. It will take time but at least i got my ass off the pot and am moving in the right direction
What's your current DAW? In the interim, maybe fuck with Reaper?

STRATEGY

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I got the Dell Studio (non XPS) several months ago and it's working out good. The deafult install had some currupt shit in the video drivers. It was crashing every two days. I reinstalled the video driver and its been solid since. I'm suprised at how few compatibility problems I'm having with Vista 64. I fully expected to have to blow it out with XP but so far so good. Nice to be able to use all my ram, even though many programs still don't see it all. I'm suprised you didn't get 8gb ram. Mine was like 3o bucks upgrade to go from the default 4gb to 8gb. your 6 is still plenty though.
I'm pretty sure this computer will suit me wonderfully for a good long time. Its upgradable to 24 gigs of ram! My current comp can only hold a gig i have 768mb in there with a 40 gig HD thats just about filled lol. Theres Ipods that put my current PC to shame

I really wish you had got Maschine so you could tell us all about it
I'm actually thinking about taking the MPD back and getting the Maschine, I'll need another 270 bucks though. I'm sure the maschine controller will work nice in reason too. I heard the MPD with reason is pretty smooth though. I like the build of the maschine though only thing i like more about the mpd is the knobs and faders. What i don't like about the MPD is the face is made out of plastic and the boasted mpc 2500 pads are definatly not mpc 2500 pads. If i'm gonna break all this bread i might as well get everything i want if its only a matter of a couple hundred bucks.

With Reason,Recycle, Maschine and the analog factory, I would have a virtual instrument powerhouse with extremly well built controllers. I actually have the money to get the maschine but its in my real savings that i'm not wanting to get into the habit of touching unless its for a house or a serious financial investment. Might have to wait till my rational side is taking a piss and copp it while it ain't paying attention :siccness:

I have a commission check coming though on the 15th, might just be enough

I bought a legit Reason 4 from someone, legal transfer and all, recently. How much was the reason 4/recycyle deal?
No deal on the reason and recycle, got the #4 upgrade for 130 and recycle for 2bills which i thought was steep. I got the deal on the analog factory experience its listed for 300 got it for 225.

What's your current DAW? In the interim, maybe fuck with Reaper?
I don't really have one. I have an old versian of cubase SE that cost me 100 bucks like 5 years ago that i never really learned how to use. I got really handy with reasons sequencer. I don't even know if it will be compatable with 64 bit Vista. Don't know nothing about reaper. I was thinking either pro tools mpowered cubase 5 or Sonar. I wanna eventually run a video suite too so maybe sony vegas. they all basically do the same shit. just want a universial platform so i can transfer shit to other studios without alot of issues if i have to.

its gonna take a little while to get everything i want to make the whole package complete. I need a new interface on top of the software and I really want a sub to go with my low end heavy MR5s. Like i said i wanna get to the point that i can record bands so I'm thinking profire 2626 or project mix for my interface. Both aren't cheap lol but those are my top choices. I reciently seen a tascam fw1884 for $500 and 1 fw1082 for $400 I've been hearing really bad things about compatability issues with tascam shit and newer computers with lots of ram. I heard their support is the worst in the business too. those boards are slick though

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Then again I might keep the MPD and take the extra coin to get a solid DAW. Pro tools 8 mpowered looks really clean, i think my janky old audiophile will run it till i can get a new interface. I dunno, I have 30 days to return the MPD and the thing isn't a POS by any means. Theres things i like about it and (more) things i like about the maschine lol. I wish the maschine had faders and more knobs but the thing is built like a tank and the integration looks like the coolest thing out IMO. I wish its buttons wern't rubber but everything about that thing has an intended purpose within the software it controls and the pads feel better than the MPD. I actually spent more for the reason upgrade, recycle and the MPD than i woulda spent for the maschine. Its still a toss up because Reason 4 looks really hot too, I have alot of loyalty towards the propellerhead people.