Welp.. There goes our star linebacker

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 3, 2007
SAN DIEGO -- Authorities say San Diego Chargers star linebacker Shawne Merriman has been arrested on suspicion of choking and restraining his girlfriend, a reality TV star, as she tried to leave his Southern California home.

San Diego County Sheriff's Lt. Gary Steadman says 27-year-old Tila Tequila signed a citizen's arrest warrant early Sunday, charging Merriman with battery and false imprisonment.

"It’s disappointing to hear about the issue involving Shawne Merriman," Chargers GM A.J. Smith said in a statement Sunday. "We’ll continue to monitor the situation and let the legal process run its course.”

Tequila was taken to a hospital. Her condition was not immediately available.

Merriman, 25, was taken into custody by deputies who responded to a distress call at his home in Poway, north of San Diego.

Tequila, whose real name is Tila Nguyen, is best known for her MTV dating reality show, "A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila."

Jun 26, 2008
WTF is he doin with tila tequilla? Glad i aint put no money on the chargers yet, na were still lookin good but damn hopefully it will all get dropped

Jan 23, 2006
FUNNY SHIT MY WIFE AND NIECE AND THE KIDS SEEN MERRIMAN YESTERDAY AT THE BANK IN HIS MERCEDES JEEP (SILVER). THEY PARKED NEXT TO HIM AT THE ATM AND THE KIDS WAS YELLIN HIS NAME AND HE DIDNT EVEN SAY SHIT TO THEM!!THE KIDS ARE 9 AND 2 6YEAR OLDS..MY WIFE TOLD HIM "LIKE THAT -U ARE A FUCCIN WEENIE SHAWNE" AND DROVE OFF!!!!!!!!AND THEN THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!

Aug 15, 2007
Inland Empire
where did you hear that at? I hope its true we need merriman
http://www.nctimes.com/sports/footb...cle_5286937a-ba34-5454-ac38-33cd28738189.html

"During the evening, Ms. Tequila was extremely intoxicated, inebriated and Mr. Merriman did everything he could to assist her in arranging for transportation to leave his home," Todd Macaluso, Merriman's attorney, told NBC 7/39. "At no time did Mr. Merriman assault her; at no time did Mr. Merriman keep her against her will. His intentions were nothing but good."
Tequila's attorney, Scott Leemon, said in a statement that neither Tequila nor her representatives would comment publicly about the incident.

Aug 15, 2007
Inland Empire
Statement from Shawne Merriman

11:04 p.m. September 6, 2009

The following statement was received via e-mail late Sunday night:

On September 6, 2009, the San Diego Sheriffs Department responded to a citizens complaint that was initiated by Tila Nguyen (aka Tila Tequila). I was taken into custody based upon that complaint. At the time, I was concerned about her welfare given the intoxicated state she appeared to be in and I encouraged her to stay until safe transportation could be provided. We would all do our best to help a friend if we considered their actions to be detrimental to their personal safety. I in no way caused any harm to Ms Nguyen, however, paramedics were called and she was examined but no injuries were reported. She was released and has since returned to Los Angeles, California. There have been no charges filed against me. I want to thank the San Diego Sheriffs Department for their professionalism. I will continue to cooperate fully with the Department and I look forward to clearing my name regarding these false allegations. I want to put this behind me so I can continue to focus on a successful season for the San Diego Chargers.