We are on the front page of KCRA news!! haha

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 19, 2005
www.SacTownRadio.com
Good look homie

Here is the story..

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Sacramento's Live Manikins are calling on hip-hop lovers to support local music, adding that the the capital's scene is "flourishing."

Amy Serna

Group members Self, Linguistics, Flavius, Runt Rock and Rated R have been together for five years, performing at local venues as well as in Portland, Washington and Canada.

KCRA.com spoke with group members Self and Linguistics Thursday before Cap City Culture, a show at Sacramento State featuring breakdancers, MCs and DJs.

KCRA.com: Describe the group that you are in. What do you guys do?

Linguistics: It’s like a little mix of a conscious vibes with like party rock and themes to it. We like doin' stuff that people understand and can relate to. We like to make sure that people have a lot of fun while listening to it, too.

Self: Live hip-hop music that you’ll love.

KCRA.com: Is there a lot of support for the hip-hop community in Sacramento?

Self: I’ll say this much, there was a time where it was hard to get support, but in the moment ... support is actually growing. A lot of people are actually being more confident in booking hip-hop artists, whether it be break dancin' or rappin,' graffiti art. It's growing right now. I’m digging it ... I’m digging it.

KCRA.com: What is the best part of performing live on stage?

Linguistics: The crowd, its all the crowd. ... It doesn’t matter what we do on stage. It's when you see the crowd go hype or go nuts over what you’re doing, nothing else matters anymore.

Amy Serna
Self

Self: Feeling a crowd go crazy is like a cloud nine feeling.

Linguistics: 'Cuz when you go home and you’re sweaty and you say you know the crowd rocked it, then that was a good time you spent.

KCRA.com: Any memorable nights you had?

Self: I’ll say one memorable night, we’re on tour going to Canada and we had three shows booked. We got to Vancouver. Three shows got canceled. So we were like, 'Oh man. We don’t know what to do.' We tried to meet the people out there and we found a two day hip-hop festival and we actually got booked for it.

Linguistics: It was just off the fly. We had three shows, three canceled, and knocked two shows at a festival.

KCRA.com: Do you think local music is dying or getting more popular?

Linguistics: I think it's flourishing right now.

Self: I've been seeing people get booked on good tours from Sacramento. ... A lot of people are actually aware of artists in Sacramento. It's getting noticed. It's like that little time bomb that any minute now it will blow up to a metropolis of big music that's like appreciated worldwide. It's just going to take some time, that's all.

Live Manikins will be performing on Access Sacramento at 5 p.m. March 24. They also will take the stage at the 2009 Sammies nomination party at 9 p.m. Wednesday, March 25, at the Press Club in midtown Sacramento. The show is $5 at the door. For information on upcoming shows and to listen to the group's music, go www.myspace.com/livemanikins.

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
man i got happy thinking the siccness.net/vb was on the front page then i realised this aint the open forum lol