wats the most efficient way to use the effects in reason?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
I think i go overboard on using all the effects and stuff like compression, but i slimmed it down by just using 1 compressor and 1 eq for all my percs, and that still sounds kinda odd, i dont have monitors but from the audio clipping thing i know im fuckn up...ill post a song that ive almost finished that shows how i did my drums, but can anyone post a barebones default file so that i can see how i can route my devices better...thanks...oh and can anyone post more tips on reason. So far im using 2.5, im upgradin tho, eventually.

Almost done with the track, 90% self made sounds....so dont expect hq.

Arite since knowing if the drums are good doesnt require the whole song, i just got it up, and im gonna finish it tommarow, can anyone tell me if i should change anything before i start on it again like, scrap the drums, or the whole beat??

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=234686

First one on the page...with the kings logo...

Dec 9, 2005
You gotta get some monitors bro...you can't adjust what you can't hear. Or get some Sennheiser HD280 headphones until you can get some monitors.

Like I said..shoot me your email address and I'll send you an RPS file for reference.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Carnage187 said:
Oh n can i fix some parts instead of scrappin it all, i know it aint worth workn on a already messed up beat, but any tips?
I would seriously scrap the beat and come anew. None of the parts mesh together, and the beat has no structure. Some of the instruments sound as if they are out of key/tune, and you don't want that. Let me ask you a question. What do YOU feel is wrong with the beat or what do YOU feel the beat NEEDS?

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
Hmm i think it needs better sounds, i like the idea tho, it needs to have that gamilean thing taken out, i cant tell if the bass is deep or if the kicks kick, some of the lead notes are not timed right, and is that way too much synths at one time?? The things i like are the bass pattern and the drum pattern and the way the leads are placed...But i definitely know i need better sounds. That will be easy to switch, but i dont like pondering over a done beat, so i started from scratch and i actually used my scale book on the one im bout to finish and post it tonight, im still waiting on that rps tho.

The beat has a faint structure, it is like when that high ptched synth takes over is where the chorus begins and it lasts for 8 bars. its like this 1st, chorus, 2nd, chorus, i was workn on that high pitched lead in the second when i stoppd.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
What are you monitoring with? Monitors or Earphones? As I listen to the drum pattern I hear a difference in kick volume. This can be attributed to the individual velocity of each kick note being different OR it can be incorrect compressor settings causing the kick to pump. Listen to the beat at 22-26 seconds and listen to the kick at 27 and that should give you an idea of what I am talking about.

And what type of mood is this beat setting? What type of tension and release? What type of feelings are you trying to convey with it?

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
ay yea im monitoring with bad bass enhancing high removing headphones, sony ones with interchangable colors...i ordered some akg 171s. I cant get monitors cuz of my dad bein rite below me, and i dont wana bother him. Those misplaced velocities were intended to come right before the chorus, which they did but i also added them in the verse, and i thought it would add some variety. And your last question is hard, i have no idea..id say the mood is laidback-hardish sorta mood? But i dont even no what the tension and release is, and the feelings im tryn to get across are you can make somethin good from bad??? I have no idea, but thanks i scrappd it stoppd workn on it and started a new one.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
if you have 2.5 I'd stay away from that shitty compressor and EQ asap spend the 130 bucks for the 3.0 upgrade, its well fuckin worth it

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
oh yeah i did, i ordered the full version on ground shipping tho. Thats why i aint learnin 2.5, i have a bootleg right now. But ever since i started using my scale book, ive been makn some sicc beats now. But now, schools startin so fuck u no wat i meen...School, work which im gonna quit, my dad, and beats.....pretty hard, but then again some people have it worse. Thanks for the help tho everyone. That beat sucd compared to the stuff i started makn after it tho, thats the truth. All of a sudden shit.