Wanted! 1 Gud Cide - Look What The Streets Made

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2003
How many release are there of this CD? it's this one with the first cover and the second one with the most known cover art, but I've also seen a later CDR re-release with a one page front cover and a back cover.

Apr 26, 2010
that cd is extremely rare , I heard there is only like 100 of the 1st press and 1,00 of the 2nd press , I would not sell the 1st press for cheap either , and the 2nd press you will probably have to pay 200 - 300 for it , if you saw another press after those 1st two it was probably a bootleg

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
100 copies is not possible because it wouldnt get pressed. but for those old releases 2-5 thousand copies is already very limited.imagine that kloud 9 posse - here to represent sold 30.000 copies

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
i never heard of a cd release under 500 copies besides it was on CDr and selfmade
YEAH, THERE ARE RELEASES FOR 100, 200 OR WHATEVER AMOUNT OF UNITS YOU WANT. THIS HAS ALWAYS BEEN TRUE. SOME MANUFACTURES WOULD DO IT BACK THEN AND SOME HAD SET MINIMUMS. THE LESS PRESSED, THE HIGHER THE COST PER UNIT. IT'S ALWAYS BEEN THAT WAY. THEY WERE CALLED "TEST PRESSES" BACK THEN. THIS WAY THE RECORD COMPANIES COULD TEST THE MARKET TO SEE IF THEIR ARTIST/ALBUMS WERE WORTH GOING FORWARD WITH FULL MANUFACTURING AND PRODUCTION.

Jan 6, 2003
if you saw another press after those 1st two it was probably a bootleg
Yeah, I've always thought that there only were the 2 presses of that CD. I got what supposedly is a limited third pressing of that album. I bought it from an amazon seller with 1000+ rating who sold CDs he got from local CD outlets. Immediately when I got it I thought it was a bootleg because it was a CDR light brown printed disc with a matte one page booklet (I don't think it was a scan) and a back tray card. For years I thought I had been screwed until I discussed this with one guy who ran a reputable internet rap record store. He got the same CD twice and he told me that this was an official re-release. I guess it was made in the beginning of the 2000s. Was this a BS story? It sorta convinced me that the initial seller really did sell me something that wasn't a bootleg but I can't be sure though.

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
YEAH, THERE ARE RELEASES FOR 100, 200 OR WHATEVER AMOUNT OF UNITS YOU WANT. THIS HAS ALWAYS BEEN TRUE. SOME MANUFACTURES WOULD DO IT BACK THEN AND SOME HAD SET MINIMUMS. THE LESS PRESSED, THE HIGHER THE COST PER UNIT. IT'S ALWAYS BEEN THAT WAY. THEY WERE CALLED "TEST PRESSES" BACK THEN. THIS WAY THE RECORD COMPANIES COULD TEST THE MARKET TO SEE IF THEIR ARTIST/ALBUMS WERE WORTH GOING FORWARD WITH FULL MANUFACTURING AND PRODUCTION.
i know about 20.000 releases and never ever heard about stuff like this. even the pressings that were around 300 copies were made on CDr back then because it just didnt make any sense with the technical standard back in the days to make a glassmaster for less than 500 copies.this changed in the last 3 years. evrything else is unrealistic , 100 copies would have been EXACTLY as expensive as 500 copies, so they would have done 500 copies.

Jun 24, 2006
500 copies cost the same as 1000 copies. Its because most manufactures don't want to make a glass master for anything less than 1,000. With that being said, you can press as many copies as you want, you just pay more per unit. And depending on the manufacturer, you could get 100 pressed, they just recommend you get more. I think also some manufacturers will press 1,000 regardless and throw away the excess copies, I'm pretty sure discmakers does this.

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
500 copies cost the same as 1000 copies. Its because most manufactures don't want to make a glass master for anything less than 1,000. With that being said, you can press as many copies as you want, you just pay more per unit. And depending on the manufacturer, you could get 100 pressed, they just recommend you get more. I think also some manufacturers will press 1,000 regardless and throw away the excess copies, I'm pretty sure discmakers does this.
Exactly what I said, but some people around here seem to think that their belief/reasoning is the only truth. No need to argue though.

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
lol dude show me one release and then i give you right , personally i never saw one and i can say i know ALOT of stuff and the exact quantities of em.aswell it doesnt make any sense to me because of the old technical standard back in the days and the SAME costs , this fact accords with the fact that i never ever saw an original glassmaster cd pressing from the mid 90s which was under 500 copies. mikal and your responses re horrible and doesnt bring any facts to this discussion.only one who said a constructive Comment was Basement Music but i still havent seen a release like that so i guess people back in the days never ordered 100 copies instead of 1000 copies for the same price.they could order 1000 copies and throw 900 copies theirself away ,then we got a 100 copy pressing tho.

Jan 19, 2011
Well, you all may be right about the minimum quantitiy being 500, but there are also cases where albums are shelved and then all you have is a few copies left. Just like the Mind of a 44 CD by the 44 Clique, where they had legal issues and now only 50 official copies of the 1st press are left...

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
true, and i have to say i wasnt right with what im sayin ! i atleast heard about 2 test pressings now of 2 cd releases which stayed as a testpressing , so only 200 cds were made of each.very special cases , like you said legal issues or management problems