WANNA BUILD A STUDIO

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
GOING TO SCHOOL FOR THIS NEW JOB. IN A COUPLE WEEKS ILL BE MAKING A NICE AMOUNT OF $$$$$ I HAVE NO WHERE TO RECORD SO I WAS THINKING ABOUT BUILDING A STUDIO. I KNOW A LIL' SOMTHIN' ABOUT WORKIN EQUIPMENT, BUT I WANT TO HAVE A BAD ASS STUDIO. SO ANY WORDS OF ADVICE AS FAR AS SET-UP AND EQUIPMENT?? APPRECIATE IT.

Jun 27, 2002
TRAJIK DONT GET IT TWISTED, IM MOVING THIS TO TRY AND GET YOU MORE ANSWERS...GOOD LUCK GIRL

*BTW...IM STILL UP FOR THAT CONTEST...LOL

Jul 8, 2003
YOUNGMOE said:
for about 50K i can make you a studio that could compete with ANY studio out there...

and that should also handle acoustics
Sounds interesting...what do you mean you can MAKE a studio? What all are you talkin about doin for 50 g's?

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
GIRL?? WTF?? FUCK YOU!! BUT THANKS FOR MOVING MY THREAD!! I DIDNT EVEN KNOW ABOUT THIS SIDE OF THE SICC. AND WHAT CONTEST?? AND IM GONNA BE PULLIN IN LIKE $1,500 A WEEK. I DUNNO HOW MUCH I WANNA SPEND, BUT I JUST WANT SOME DOPE SHIT.

Jun 27, 2002
Now it makes sense shit....you prolly wondering why u thought I called u a dyke too...my bad homie....I was wonderin why it looked lil ole girl had some dude reppin her on a shirt....

One again my bad folks.....

Carry on

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
1500 a week? What are you gonna be doing? I need to jump up on that!

Yeah it depends on what you want to do and what you want to spend

Oct 10, 2004
heres what id do personally others may disagree

im assuming you own nothing

buy a computer a nice one somthing that can handle alot and be upgraded
(mac g4 or g5)im assuming you have a computer but me personally i dont use the computer i record on to go on the net for various reasons

find a used digi 001 on ebay for sale or a mbox2

buy a keyboard and a mpc if you can

buy the best mic you can find for under 300 bones

granted this is NOT the greatest set up but you can allways upgrade and when you decide to you wont be losing that much money but the main thing yu should do is buy a nice comp so no matter how much you upgrade you wont have to worry about a computer

you can allways get bootlegs of whatever comp based beat making programs you want or sequencing or mixing and so on and so on from your homies or next to nothin on ebay or craigslist

yuod be supprised what you can make with one keyboard and protools i did it for years! but lucky for me with help from other people and myself weve aquirred a complete proffessional studio only set back we have no place o put all the shit wich should be solved within a week or so but if you wanna do it semi big from the jump your gonna need atleast 30 racks

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Man I just finished doin hella shit in pro tools and its 3:08? I cant go to sleep for shit.

Moe I think you told me about that unit a while ago. Have you tried it out yet?

TUNEZ_PWP you made some suggestiosn but i disagree with you on certain areas.

1. Pc's outperform the macs when it comes to pro tools (and other audio apps.) Not only that but they cost less than macs.

2. The digi 01 no longer has support from digi design and you can't run certain versions of pro tools on a 001. The mbox two is ok but for the same loot you can purchase a better sounding m audio unit (for the fraction of the price) and still run pro tools.