Wall Street Hustler's???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

CODE

Sicc OG
Oct 20, 2002
Just wanted to know if anybody else on the slr board is on Wall Street these days besides myself? If so, what do you own, what companies do you like or are watching, and how have you done this year?

speak on it....

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.unknownterritoryrecords.com
awww shit, i'm a straight up wall street hustler... a couple years back when day trading was huge I used to short stocks all day long... i was getting real time level 2 quotes so I was able to make a few thousand dollars quickly... even got out before the bubble burst on the internet sector... since then though I haven't traded anything (lack of money) and with the money I made from that I went with ICOS, 300 shares bought at $16 with a current value of $40... JJJEA!

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
...i used to have a 401k which was pretty diversified with various mutual funds nothing too aggressive (nothing tech except cisco) since it was obviously a long haul type of situation... but since being laid off I cashed that bitch in and gave 30% of it to the gonverment in early penalty taxes... DAMNIT. lol, now I have no future and no money... YAY!

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
and fuck a full service broker... everybody who gets into stocks for the first time always goes to see one of these guys and they end up making cheese off you. the reality is they don't give a fuck about you or your money, they give a fuck about there comission and that's it. so if anybody is thinking about getting into the game, do some homework on how things are done and pick up a good book about speculation... make a few friends in high places (ie: ask your homeboys how things are going at work, check the rumor mill) and never pull your money out because the stock dropped a few dollars and you got scurred, if anything consider it a loss and move on... you will thank me a few years later... emotional investing is the worst kind, so don't do it... and one last quote: "buy low, sell high"

:)

May 17, 2002
aint nothin wrong with that, it will make you work harder to set up your future.....aint nothin promised, i have a hard enough time puting food on the table for my family as it is now, so i dont have the luxery of setting aside money for retirement and college and all that shit. but hopefully what we doin now will get us to that point, but it aint likely.

CODE

Sicc OG
Oct 20, 2002
^^^
good shit..I currently own cisco, it has done well for me recently but it has seen much better days in the past...ya know. I'm glad someone on here has some knowledge about the market other than me. It seems that so many people on here claim to be "business men" but don't really know enough about economics, investing, or the market.

Right now I'm just sittin on what I have for the means. I'm waiting for the 4th quarter to begin before I start droppin mail and makin power moves. I'm mostly feelin the finacial stocks but with the rise of martgage rates it has really put a strain a companies that are mortgage driven..obviously. I'm watchin stocks like wells fargo, washington mutual, bank of america, doral, home depot...companies that pay dividens.

Check game......holla at me on Wall Street!!!

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
bane i feel you... i worked my ass off from age 17-22, 9-5 m-f and was on call 24 hours a day during that period and would have to rush to work when something was fucked up... i used to have to go in at like 2am and then still be expected to show up at 9am, needless to say I was miserable from sleep deprivation... but I was able to save up some money and when they offered me a 401k the first thing out my mouth was: "i'll put in 15%" so I accumulated some cheese for 4 years and ended up putting all of that into my studio setup. stupid in the long run, very stupid i wasted 5 years of compounding interested........ SHIT!

CODE

Sicc OG
Oct 20, 2002
mo-x said:
and fuck a full service broker...
I feel ya maine....I was on Ragen McKenzie when I first started out..I got charged in big ways. Now I only fuck with Scottrade online discount broker. $7 dollar trades, no kind of maintenace fees...

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
@code: no doubt son! it was so beautifull when mortgage rates were dropping, it was hilarious... i remember a couple of the guys at work, mainly the CEO & CFO, but they re-financed there homes I think 3 times and saved an unbelievable amount of money over the long term... of course these guys were working with million dollar homes so the savings seems like alot, but another co-worker re-financed twice on his $250,000 home and watched his mortgage drop from $2200 to $1800 and the value of his home go up enough to have 12% ownership thus being able to drop his PMI.

with the exception of doral i'm watching the same stocks.

Jul 10, 2002
If any of y'all need to get into real estate, you need to holler at me, I'm a lender and that's my game. Relatively secure investment with a reasonable ROI after a couple of years (especially if you don't put anything down in the first place).

If you own and want to 'refi' get at me or if you are interested in qualifing for a loan to purchase a property I can help get you started with that as well. Post your email and I'll get back to you!

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
what code said, and what kind of interest rate do you have for 30 and 15 year loans? never know, if it's a half point or more i know some people who would refinance right now. but then again they don't really have any probelms refinancing, but yeah who you work for playa?

Jul 10, 2002
Sterling Capital Mortgage, but we are about to be bought out by the RBC (royal bank of canada).

Today, currently for a 150,000 conforming w/ 680 fico scores on a 30 yr fixed w/ a 1 point or orig. fee is at 5.75%

A 15yr is @ 5.25%

I do the approvals myself, we process and underwrite them in house. The loan only take as long to close as it takes to get the title and appraisal (if we need one!)

I'll break off a nice referral fee to anyone who sends me a loan that funds!

Holla!

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
Mr. D-Sane said:
Uh......I'm not even going to read all that mumbo jumbo. But no.....I only have my money tied up in my company for now. Maybe I should go public and start selling stock so that I can raise the money I need to go national?

I need investors!!!!!!

i got $40,000 on u!!!!

actually i think mo called it first

CODE

Sicc OG
Oct 20, 2002
99501 said:
Damn stocks sound interesting but are they still makin lots of loot or is it a struggle right now?

It's nathan like it was a years ago but if you got wits about yours then it's love....

The stock market is not sumthin to play with, if you don't know what your doin then you shoudn't be on wall street. It is not a game, you can come up as fast as you can get taken, it takes a lot of research and practice...

CODE

Sicc OG
Oct 20, 2002
Mr. D-Sane said:
Uh... But no.....I only have my money tied up in my company for now.
thats all gracious....

A wise ol owl once told me the best way to invest your money was to invest in yourself.....no question!