Virus

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
Shakira's Hot & Sexy. Now She's a Virus

By Cathryn Conroy, Netscape News Editor
If you receive an e-mail with the subject line "Shakira pics," do not open it--even if it was sent to you by someone you know. It's an e-mail worm that purportedly contains photos of Grammy award-winning singer Shakira but instead is a PC virus that forwards itself to everyone listed in the recipient's Microsoft Outlook address book. (If you don't use Microsoft Outlook, you won't spread the virus automatically, but you can still receive the virus no matter what type of e-mail you use.) The text message inside the e-mail is: is "Hi :i have sent the photos via attachment have funn..." The attachment is labeled ShakiraPics.jpg.vbs. If you download it and run it, you'll get this message on your screen: "You have been infected by the ShakiraPics Worm." The good news is that the virus will not damage your computer, although it will copy itself into the Windows folder and then make a few changes to the Registry.

This is the second time Shakira has been the namesake for a PC virus. Virus writers know that people are more likely to click on the file if they think they are getting something related to a favorite celebrity. Other recent viruses have featured Anna Kournikova, Jennifer Lopez, and Britney Spears.

.......................................................................................

Doesn't sound too serious, but just in case.

Gone,
Doxx

Apr 25, 2002
These viruses are always fun... It's always the same guy at my office that's the only one that opens it and it gets sent to everyone in the company from him so everyone knows he's tryin to check out pictures of Anna Kournikova, etc.

eMDe

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
G-Dubb said:
These viruses are always fun... It's always the same guy at my office that's the only one that opens it and it gets sent to everyone in the company from him so everyone knows he's tryin to check out pictures of Anna Kournikova, etc.
hahahahaha thats fukin funny!