Vernon Davis or Patrick Willis? Who is more important to the 49ers?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Who is more important to the 49ers? Vernon Davis or Patrick Willis?

• Total voters

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I know both of them are probably captains but who is more important or valuable to the 49ers as of today or this upcoming season?

Feb 12, 2004
Ugh P Willy and it ain't close. Vernon is a monster, but P is a future hall of famer, heart of that defense and a leader. Bigger debate would of been Patrick Willis or Justin Smith.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Well one is the leader of the defense and one is the leader of the offense.

VD creates mismatches all over the place and look at his performance in last years playoffs. Teams can't crowd the box to stop the run game because VD can't be covered by a linebacker or safety. He damn near beat the Giants by himself. That game against the Saints, it was all VD too.

Patrick Willis is the leader of the defense. We all know the reason the 49ers made it so far or deep in the playoffs is because of their defense led by Patrick Willis.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

Patrick Willis without a doubt. I look at it as who is more replaceable, my answer would be VD.

Feb 13, 2004
We do have a pretty good Inside Linebacker named NaVorro Bowman too. It's a really hard one to pick. Let's put it this way they aren't going anywhere soon. So I'm a happy guy. lol

Jan 12, 2006
The defense is so good I think it would hurt the 49ers more to lose Davis this season then it would losing Willis. Last season Willis went out for a few games and the defense kept rolling and shitting on opposing offenses like it was nothing, Grant did a hell of a job. When it comes down to it though, P Willis>>>V. Davis. Patrick Willis has damn near already reserved his spot in the Hall of Fame, as dominant as VD is many don't consider him the best player at his position where as Willis is clearly the best LB in the entire league and has been for a while now. In VD's defense though I wonder what kind of damage he would do if he was part of a pass first team. The tight ends considered better then VD(Graham-Brees, Romo-Witten, Gronk-Brady) all have pass first Offenses and QB's who love to throw the ball. All in all both players are straight up beasts. thanks to bitch ass Nolan, Singletary, and McCloughan for actually getting something right and drafting some straight up studs while other teams draft picks turned into 1st round busts.

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
The defense is so good I think it would hurt the 49ers more to lose Davis this season then it would losing Willis. Last season Willis went out for a few games and the defense kept rolling and shitting on opposing offenses like it was nothing, Grant did a hell of a job. When it comes down to it though, P Willis>>>V. Davis.
not a 49er fan, but i was pretty much going to say the same thing...

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Can you imagine if we didnt have VD last year how different the season could of been
It's hard to choose though because of the season or playoff season that VD had. The defenses (Saints, Giants) knew the ball was going to VD and they still couldn't stop him. He was pretty much their offense to be honest.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
So it looks like Vernon Davis is more important to the 49ers than Patrick Willis?

If VD goes down, the offense would suffer more than the defense if Pat Willis went down?

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Tough choice breh... you still suck at Madden 12 though...lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Man I already told you that I've been on that NBA2K real heavy. I downloaded the legends pack and have been playing with the old school teams. I've been playing Madden a little bit here and there though because 13 is finna come out. I might be on tonight, so we can get one in if you want. Dont you ever forget that 70-3 but whoopin I gave you with the Raiders, you'll never top it.