Up 4 Parole OG press

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 27, 2004
i've got one with Bigtyme and Infrared logos on the back cover and one with Bigtyme/Inmate logos
which one is the first press please?
thanks

Jan 6, 2003
Is this still "the truth"? I've recently been discussing this with an ebay seller who claims the Bigtyme/Inmate version is the first press. However, my arguments for the bigtyme/Infrared version being the first press are that
1: I've had this CD since 1995, I haven't found it on the internet in the 2000s.
2: this is the only album by 20-2-life on bigtyme/Infrared. All later 20-2-life releases were on inmate records so is does not make any sense to first release up 4 parole on inmate, then re-re on infrared and then back to inmate for later re-res and albums.
3: The inmate records version has an order sheet for other bigtyme albums, the same type as is included in all later bigtyme releases. The Infrared version does not have any such sheet.

Anybody have any opinions on the different pressings for this album?

Jul 22, 2010
It is interesting... I have both versions. I acquired the Infra-red version from a friend who had been collecting in the 90's... As far as I know he probably had bought a number of Bigtyme releases when they came out, cos he had the first press originals of all the old albums such as Banned, Prone to Bad dreams, No ordinary aggin, mad at the world. I agree, it would be strange to go from inmate to infrared then back to inmate records again. It doesn't make sense cos they released their self titled album in 1996 on Inmate. The assumption could be that it was first put out on Infra-red cos Inmate records wasn't up and running right at the time? I wonder if the DIDX code printed on the cd label of the Infra-red release can hold any clue as to the approximate date of pressing ?

Jan 6, 2003
That's exactly how I see the story too. Inmate wasn't started in 94 as far as I know. The inside looking out EP was released on Bigtyme, no infrared then.
Also, the infrared version doesn't have the album order sheet which is included in the foldout cover of the inmate version. That sheet was included in the later bigtyme releases. But also, in 95 I bought a magazine with bigtyme ads, and they were looking exactly like the order sheet. Up 4 parole was released in 94 and I don't know if they had thad order sheet ready in magazines then, but it for sure ain't on the other early bigtyme releases. My money is on the infrared version but I don't have any proof.

Jul 22, 2010
Yeah, and the Infra-red release has that thicker paper for the artwork so it is definitely in that mid nineties time frame too. My guess would be that the infra-red would be the og from 94 and then maybe some time after, either same year or maybe 1995 the inmate version came out. Would be good to know 100% though. I read the seller on ebay's comment about maybe a producer re-released it on infra-red to get their cut, but I don't buy that. I wonder who owned that mysterious Infra-red label?