Unexpected Arrival - My Life for Sale... for sale

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
D'struction said:
Okay, not sayin that you're wrong or anything, but how many times have i heard that about NW albums???
If they are all classics then why the fuck isnt the NW on top of the game??

Im going to definitely cop this shit though mayne, UA brings the heat.
A classic is an album that holds up over the tests of time... I truely believe this will be one of those albums that holds up. If you haven't heard it yet, you can't really say either way. If you have heard it, you can only agree or disagree with me. It's an opinion, but it's based on more than just what I feel to be true. UA has consistantly gotten radio spins for many of his singles. He's had 3 different songs in regular rotation on 3 different local stations in the same time period. That was with his old stuff, this new album blows away his past work. The single (Hat Low) is getting play on Kube93 and X-104. Hat Low was performed at Summer Jam last year with Dylan, it got a great response then and it's getting a great response now. This album has been in the works for the past 2 years, the songs that were made two years ago stand up to the songs that were made 2 months ago. It's got features in the right spots, national stars, local stars, national up and comers, local up and comers. These are the reasons I think it's going to be a classic, I could be wrong, but I'd be willing to bet on it becoming a great success. I think recently, we've had a lot of classic albums drop and it's going to take more to be dropped before the NW really pops off, but I think it's gonna happen. The nay sayers can say nay, but the doers are doing it right now and the outcome will be unbelievable, in my opinion.

Don't take my word for it, get that UA album. Get that Crytical album. Get that Red Head Steve album. Get that 151 album. Get that Bad Luk album. Get that Anonymous album. Get that Blue Scholars album. Get that Byrdie album. Get that Clockwork album. Get that Ricky Pharoe album. Get that Macklemore album. Get that Skuntdunna album. Get that Dividenz album. Get that Mo-X & Lil' G album. Get that Tru ID album. Get that Grynch album. Get that Byron Douglas album. Get that Sonny Bonoho album. Get that Aquino album. Get that E-Dawg album. Get that Lac of Respect album. Get that Twin G album. Get that KHAZM album.

Think about all the talent here, those are just people with albums I could think of off the top... there's cats out here who are so talented that ain't even dropped yet... Half-Sane is gonna drop something classic when he's ready to. It might not be a classic, but it's gonna be something the Northwest needs. Get all those people together, making moves, building themselves while setting the bar higher for others... watch the others better themselves from it.

The Northwest ain't blown yet, it may never ever pop off like I believe it will. I don't care. We got classic music coming out of the northwest. Music that transcends time and 7 years later we're still talking about it. 15 years later it's being looked back on. It's there and it can happen again. It's going to take some inititive and some unity, but it will happen.

My 2 cents.

KALYN

Sicc OG
Dec 11, 2002
Fridge said:
Get that Bad Luk album. Get that Clockwork album.

...does Bad Luk and/or Clockwork have an album that was released recently Billy..? Do they have a web site..? .. can you point ya girl in the right direction..? :)

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Shit, I still have a few autographed posters from that album...lol...If anybody wants one, let me know...I just gotta find them.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
^^you hit me up about the Gettin Greedy CDs right? Did you ever get the SSDD and T-Macn albums? PM me your address, and when I find them-I'll send you a couple...