Underrated Mixtapes of the Year 2011

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 26, 2011
It's been a dope year for Hip Hop with some crazy mixtape releases, I was a big fan of Kendrick Lamar's "Section 80" and Big Krit "Return of 4eva" tapes as well as the ones that J Cole put out. Theres been alot of underrated mixtapes out as well, I always look around for some new artists with dope music, stumbled across one the other day called Def Manic who released a tape called "Retrospect" which is real dope, definitely worth a post, you can listen to it or download it here - http://www.datpiff.com/Def-Manic-Retrospect-mixtape.286940.html

If there are any other underrated mixtapes yall heard that you like, write it in this thread.

Nov 25, 2004
I am not a big fan of lloyd banks but i gotta say Cold Corner 2 was good.

I bumped Nipsey TMC for a while but the auto tune tracks hurt the overall vibe.

S.L.A.B

Hiphop-TV
Mar 26, 2006
hiphop-tv.blogspot.nl
Co$$ - Sleepwalking was/is dope and is really being slept on.

Also the hip hop group Money Making Jam Boys with Black Thought and other rappers that have been on The Roots albums had a mixtape called "The Prestige" wich is really quality music.

Probaly a lot more but these are the 1st that came in mind.

Apr 20, 2005
Kendrick Lamar - section 80
Big KRIT - Return of 4ever

hands down. if anything was better than these please do tell

Jan 17, 2011
These are 2 Real NorthWest Rappers on the rise! The New Mixtape "Get Out of Here With Yo BullSh*t" is the New Underground Mixtape for 2012. 22 out of 23 Songs on the Mixtape are Self Produced By: Dank Zavala (Dank Muzik) & All Lyrics are Self Written By Both Ray-D-Ology & Dank Muzik. Listen and Download the New Mixtape Off iTunes! You Will Not Be Disappointed.
View attachment 107571 View attachment 107572