Underrated Mike Jones song, Flossin'

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
honestly, ive always felt this song. it just made me feel good, i'd slap it before im headin out for the night, as i was getting ready to go out. it was never something that i was like "yeah thats some real shit" but i always thought this song had a dope feel to it. its just a song, its not the greatest and its not the smartest song out there. i think that what rap fans need to do is just acknowledge a song for what it is. like if ur feelin an old puffy/mase song, and u know its not that great, just talk about what it does for you and acknowledge that its not the greatest rap song ever made, but that it does something for you. thats what real is. everyone know mike jones is a shitty ass rapper, but this song is pretty tight.

Dec 9, 2005
^ I agree with you. To me, songs are more about a feeling than anything else. If the vibe of a song is good, and it just feels right, then I'm not gonna complain about the rapper not using 5800 metaphors.

IMO people expect all Hip Hop music to be thought provoking and have deep content...when to me, its as simple as...' does it sound/feel good...? '

Different strokes for different folks I guess...but listen to the first rap hit, Rapper's Delight...not much to disect in that song...just a feel good get your party on song. Like a lot of the shit that gets bashed today. Just shit to groove to.

Aug 24, 2006
The Whole "Who, Mike Jones. Who, Mike Jones."" Killed it! When He First Came out he was Tight. People were Bumpin His Music.
That Song May Realy Have been his best song off his CD along with "Back Then".