UGK - Ridin' Dirty......14 years later

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Sicc OG
Sep 12, 2002
Exactly 14 years on this day records stores across the country put a CD on the shelf that changed and set the tone for hip hop and music in general if you ask me. Ridin' Dirty was that album. Years previous before this album dropped, I argued that The Chronic was the best album front to back until this one dropped. Not to take anything from The Chronic, but this one split it's fair share of speakers. Pimp C himself said something to the effect that he wanted to make an album on that level and be in the zone Dr. Dre was in.

I can damn near rap to this whole cd but the tracks that stand out the most to me is the following:

Murder
Diamonds & Wood
3 in the Mornin'
Touched
That's Why I Carry
Hi Life
Outro

So what I plan on doing is playing this one off and on throughout this weekend as I ride through this city called Houston and pay homage to 2 of my favorite rappers; Pimp C (RIP) and Bun B.

What are yall favorites on this CD?

Aug 12, 2002
To me, the album centers around Diamonds & Wood. It's the bread & butter for the album. Based on a Bootsy bassline, you can't go wrong.

Ridin' Dirty is a definite top 5 rap album for me.

Sep 17, 2007
I'd have to agree, ONE DAY is the dopest song on the face of the planet. Ridin' Dirty is a classic album off top, But i always thought SUPERTIGHT was their best album.
When i lived in Houston for awhile, i moved there around the same time Ridin' Dirty dropped, and the Radio DJ's out there was not playing around, They was like "Everybody get your tape desk ready to record because we're playing Ridin' Dirty from beginning to end, right now" LOL They played that album twice in a row from front to back. The 2nd time around was the screw version. Its fuckin serious down there, Radio stations back in the day used to show Houston rappers hella love on the radio.

Sicc OG
Sep 12, 2002
I'd have to agree, ONE DAY is the dopest song on the face of the planet. Ridin' Dirty is a classic album off top, But i always thought SUPERTIGHT was their best album.
When i lived in Houston for awhile, i moved there around the same time Ridin' Dirty dropped, and the Radio DJ's out there was not playing around, They was like "Everybody get your tape desk ready to record because we're playing Ridin' Dirty from beginning to end, right now" LOL They played that album twice in a row from front to back. The 2nd time around was the screw version. Its fuckin serious down there, Radio stations back in the day used to show Houston rappers hella love on the radio.
i wish i was living down here then. I get pissed that the year I moved here in 2007 was the same year Pimp C died. I was that close and never got to see the dude perform. I was too lazy the sunday they performed last at the car show that year.

Sicc OG
Sep 12, 2002
To me, the album centers around Diamonds & Wood. It's the bread & butter for the album. Based on a Bootsy bassline, you can't go wrong.

Ridin' Dirty is a definite top 5 rap album for me.
the original song by Bootsy, Muchies for your love is jamming too. i got it on my mp3 player.

May 13, 2002
yea , i was in houston when it came out , got it at stickhorse on cullen rd, i got the cd and cassette, the cassette has an extra song thats not on the cd, shit i bump that cd all the time, its a very diverse and dynamic project, no two songs are simular, i really like the cajun guy the use for the skits,

Sicc OG
Sep 12, 2002
yea , i was in houston when it came out , got it at stickhorse on cullen rd, i got the cd and cassette, the cassette has an extra song thats not on the cd, shit i bump that cd all the time, its a very diverse and dynamic project, no two songs are simular, i really like the cajun guy the use for the skits,
what is this extra song on the tape? i need to get that.