UFC on FOX 10: Henderson vs. Thomson - Saturday

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 10, 2006
Nate just signed a new contract 8 months ago lol holding out for more money makes no sense at all, if he wanted the money, I'm sure he could have held out for it then.

Nate has 7 losses in the UFC alone, 6 of those losses were against wrestlers that held him down, Khabib is a wrestler that rag dolls people and holds the UFC record for number of take downs in a fight. To say he's not scared of the possibility of being laid on again is naive. Fucking Clay Guida and Joe Stevenson held him down, Khabib would rag doll him worse than Rory Macdonald did.

lol, i never said he was holding out for MORE money...ur contradicting yourself tho again. ur talkin bout all these wrestlers that beat nate, and khabib i s one of them. so why would he fight another wrestler? makes zero sense to take a step bacc and fight khabib. all risk, no reward for nate imo...only hardcore mma fans know this guy, the casual fan does not know who khabib is or care for now for that matter.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
lol, i never said he was holding out for MORE money...ur contradicting yourself tho again. ur talkin bout all these wrestlers that beat nate, and khabib i s one of them. so why would he fight another wrestler? makes zero sense to take a step bacc and fight khabib. all risk, no reward for nate imo...only hardcore mma fans know this guy, the casual fan does not know who khabib is or care for now for that matter.
lol this post makes no sense and sounds like a bunch of excuses for Nate. You basically admitted he's scared by saying "why would he fight a wrestler?", my point exactly, he's scared, hence the reason he turned the fight down.

Also how is Khabib a step back? He's ranked 7 in the world. What the fuck do "casual fans" have to do with matchmaking and why did you even bring them up? If casual fans were important Chris Weidman would have never gotten a title shot and Ricardo Lamas wouldn't be fighting Jose Aldo tonight live on pay per view for the World Championship.

Nate Diaz should probably stop over valuing himself acting like he can pick and choose his opponents. Fact is he's lost 7 fights in the UFC, he's 1-2 in his last 3 and that one win was against a guy who hasn't had an actual solid win in 4 years. Khabib is 21-0, 5-0 in the UFC and has been cutting through people like a buzzsaw. You say Nate has something to lose? Nate Diaz is a loss away from being obscure and Khabib is within a year of a title shot. A win like this could have catapulted Nate back in to serious contention, instead he's gonna sit at home and be forgotten about.

How much you want to bet Nate's next fight is gonna be against an unranked gate keeper like Ross Pearson or a rematch with unranked Melvin Guillard as the "Main Event" of a fucking Fight Night on Fox Sports 1 instead of being a Pay Per View Co-Main with Khabib for the chance at a title shot.

Nate is fucking his career off.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
ppv co-main event?? lol, that one gave me a nice laugh. scared has nothing to do with it...yes casual fans because when you look at it if they were to fight and the casual fan is gona see nate on a card with a guy who they cant even pronounce dude's name. lol...and another thing you brought up Weidman and lamas, uh there getting/got shots cuz the champ ran thru that whole division. is he on a tear? yes, but if nate were to beat him it would get him nowhere.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
ppv co-main event?? lol, that one gave me a nice laugh. scared has nothing to do with it...yes casual fans because when you look at it if they were to fight and the casual fan is gona see nate on a card with a guy who they cant even pronounce dude's name. lol...and another thing you brought up Weidman and lamas, uh there getting/got shots cuz the champ ran thru that whole division. is he on a tear? yes, but if nate were to beat him it would get him nowhere.
You keep speaking like Nate Diaz is some kind of big super star lol you do realize Nate was a fight away from being released until he was forced back down to 155 and beat Gomi, Cerrone, and Jim Miller right? He didn't have any shine until that win streak. You keep bringing up casuals, Nate Diaz isn't famous to casuals either, Nate Diaz's fan base is hardcores hence the reason why his main event fight on Fox was the lowest rated Fox network UFC telecast since UFC started airing on Fox.

And yes I'm sure if Nate and Khabib were to fight it would be a PPV Co-Main. Do you read MMA news? Khabib is getting hype and praise like crazy from the UFC right now, hence the reason they offered him the number 2 in the world in Gilbert Melendez and the number 5 in the world in Nate Diaz. You think Dana is gonna push a nobody to big fights like that? Casual fans or not the UFC wants Khabib in a big fight, that's fact plain and simple.

Where did you think a Gilbert/Khabib fight or Nate/Khabib fight was gonna end up on the card? lol all those fighters involved are top 10 and within possible reach of a title shot.

Fight is win/win for the UFC. If Khabib beats Nate he gets a top 10 win and probably a title shot. If Nate beats Khabib he gets a top 10 win and returns back to being relevant.

Fact is though Nate Diaz was scared of the fight, Nate Diaz is fucking his career up first with that threatening to pull out of the Maynard fight for a fucking High School reunion, now turning down a fight with another top 10 fighter for no reason.

Like I was saying earlier, dude is gonna end up fighting on Fox Sports 1 against a gatekeeper or the first fight on Pay Per View against a gatekeeper and he's gonna get his 15k/15k instead of taking a fight that could boost him back up in the division in the Co-Main.