UFC 97 Redemption results

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 29, 2008
I like to think cats like him are geniuses beyond what we give them credit for.

Stay with me here :lick: High level athletics can be just as psychological a game as they are a physical one (just ask Michael Jordan)

Everyone is looking for holes in Silva's game. Up until the Cote fight, he hadn't gone beyond the 2nd round in the UFC. Maybe in his mind, he wanted to put any doubts that may be out there about his cardio to rest and show that he could go hard for 5 rounds just to give cats ANOTHER thing to worry about. Now it's like, "great, this cat can finish me in the first round or in the fifth in 65,000 ways"... Maybe he was trying to do that in the Cote fight, but ... well, we all know what happened there.

He'll sit there and take the criticism (which is a short term loss), but he's able to send his intended message (long term gain).
I THINK THAT BECAUSE HIM AND THALES ARE BRAZILLIAN, AND BRAZILLIANS HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR ONE ANOTHER;
HE DIDN'T WANT TO EMBARRASS OR FINISH HIM
OUT OF RESPECT FOR THEIR BRAZILLIANNESS!!!
AND I DON'T THINK THAT HE'LL EVER ADMIT THAT!!!

BUT BEST BELEIVE, NEXT FIGHT WHICH I BET COMES UP QUICCSTYLE, HE FINNA BE A MONSTER!!! (IF IT AIN'T ANOTHER BRAZILLIAN)

BUT BESIDES THAT, ANDERSON WAS CRACC'N' ME UP WITH HIS HEART ATTACC
FIGHT MOVEMENTS, THAT SHIT WAS COMEDY!!!

I have trained with Anderson Silva and Big Nog... Great guys and trainers.

Anderson Silva is damn good fighter. Even though he is a Black Belt in BJJ, his main focus was Muay Thai. So fighting another BJJ that is highly skilled.. you gotta be careful... most of Thales victories come from submissions.
And anyone knows, brazilians are beast with it. I feel there is some respect involved too.

May 10, 2002
I have trained with Anderson Silva and Big Nog... Great guys and trainers.

Anderson Silva is damn good fighter. Even though he is a Black Belt in BJJ, his main focus was Muay Thai. So fighting another BJJ that is highly skilled.. you gotta be careful... most of Thales victories come from submissions.
And anyone knows, brazilians are beast with it. I feel there is some respect involved too.
What's with the matador looking stance that he was using against Thales and Cote? What is that called?