UFC 49: UNFINISHED BUSINESS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 19, 2002

Its goin down once again folx! The rubber match between my boy Vitor "The Phenom" Belfort against Randy Couture. As you know the last time they faced off Vitor caught Randy with a freak punch that caused his glove to graze his eye and cut him, stopping the fight in Belforts favor.

Im gonna go ahead and make my prediction... Vitor via TKO in the 2nd round. He's going to do whatever it takes to keep this fight standing and if Randy gets a taste of Vitors hands he's gonna do whatever it takes to keep him down...neither are strangers to stand-up or ground so were likely going to see an equally technical ground game or an all out striking battle, should be interesting.

Another notable fight on the card. Vernon "Tiger" White versus Chuck "Iceman" Liddell. This match has 'upset' written all over it. I took the oppertunity to bet on Tiger against my friend with the odds. We all know Chuck is a knock out artist, but if any of you know Tiger, he's no joke and he is capable of throwing them with Chuck.

Also: Watch out for local boy Nick Diaz from Stockton taking on Karo Parisyan, he's definitely an up and comer!

Heres the full fight card for the night.

Vitor Belfort vs. Randy Couture - Light Heavyweight Championship
Chuck Liddell vs. Vernon White
Matt Lindland vs. David Terrell
Mike Kyle vs. Justin Eilers
Ron Jhun vs. Chris Lytle
Nick Diaz vs. Karo Parisyan
Yves Edwards vs. Josh Thomson
Joe Doerksen vs. Joe Riggs

May 6, 2002
Diaz is gonna get tapped out
People were saying Lawler was gonna KO him, but they were all wrong. This is submission though. Parisyan is no joke, he is gonna whoop Diaz. I wish the best for Diaz though, no hatin at all...just callin it how I see it.

Belfort should be too quick for Randy. Belfort on the ground is all defense though, he wont be able to do anything on the ground except for defend. Stand up, Belfort owns him. I'm goin with Belfort on a KO. If it goes to the cards, they will give it to Randy, just cuz UFC scoring is as fixed as Vegas boxing.

Liddell, Im going to call an upset here. White has skills, and is highly under-rated. Liddell is a sav though.

The rest of the card is great also.

Does anyone know why Lee Murray got taken off the card?
I still haven't been able to find out why.

Mar 11, 2004
actually the marvin eastman fight was a TKO due to a cut from strikes, but a bad cut it was. that was the worst cut i have ever seen, 20 times worse then klitcko's cut when he fought lewis. i also have this UFC avail for purchase on dvd, $6 shipped!

Mar 11, 2004
Vitor Belfort

Win Randy Couture TKO (Cut) UFC 46-Supernatural 1/31/2004
Win Marvin Eastman TKO (Strikes) UFC 43-Meltdown 6/6/2003
Loss Chuck Liddell Decision (Unanimous) UFC 37.5-As Real As It Gets 6/22/2002
Win Heath Herring Decision PRIDE 14-Clash of the Titans 5/27/2001
Win Bobby Southworth Submission (Rear Naked Choke) PRIDE 13-Collision Course 3/25/2001
Win Daijiro Matsui Decision PRIDE 10-Return of the Warriors 8/27/2000
Win Gilbert Yvel Decision PRIDE 9-New Blood 6/4/2000
Loss Kazushi Sakuraba Decision PRIDE 5-PRIDE 5 4/29/1999
Win Wanderlei Silva TKO (Strikes) UFC Brazil-Ultimate Brazil 10/16/1998
Win Joe Charles Submission (Armlock) UFC Japan-Ultimate Japan 1 12/21/1997
Loss Randy Couture TKO (Strikes) UFC 15-Collision Course 10/17/1997
Win David Abbott TKO (Strikes) UFC 13-The Ultimate Force 5/30/1997
Win Scott Ferrozzo TKO (Strikes) UFC 12-Judgement Day 2/7/1997
Win Tra Telligman TKO (Cut) UFC 12-Judgement Day 2/7/1997
Win Jon Hess KO (Punches) SB 2-SuperBrawl 2 10/11/1996

Randy Couture

Loss Vitor Belfort TKO (Cut) UFC 46-Supernatural 1/31/2004
Win Tito Ortiz Decision (Unanimous) UFC 44-Undisputed 9/26/2003
Win Chuck Liddell TKO (Punches) UFC 43-Meltdown 6/6/2003
Loss Ricco Rodriguez Submission (Strikes) UFC 39-The Warriors Return 9/27/2002
Loss Josh Barnett TKO (Strikes) UFC 36-Worlds Collide 3/22/2002
Win Pedro Rizzo TKO (Strikes) UFC 34-High Voltage 11/2/2001
Win Pedro Rizzo Decision (Unanimous) UFC 31-Locked & Loaded 5/4/2001
Loss Valentijn Overeem Submission (Guillotine Choke) Rings-King of Kings 2000 Final 2/24/2001
Win Tsuyoshi Kohsaka Decision (Unanimous) Rings-King of Kings 2000 Final 2/24/2001
Win Kevin Randleman TKO (Strikes) UFC 28-High Stakes 11/17/2000
Win Ryushi Yanagisawa Decision (Majority) Rings-King of Kings 2000 Block A 10/9/2000
Win Jeremy Horn Decision (Unanimous) Rings-King of Kings 2000 Block A 10/9/2000
Loss Mikhail Illoukhine Submission (Kimura) Rings-Rise 1st 3/20/1999
Loss Enson Inoue Submission (Armbar) VTJ 1998-Vale Tudo Japan 1998 10/25/1998
Win Maurice Smith Decision UFC Japan-Ultimate Japan 1 12/21/1997
Win Vitor Belfort TKO (Strikes) UFC 15-Collision Course 10/17/1997
Win Steven Graham TKO (Strikes) UFC 13-The Ultimate Force 5/30/1997
Win Tony Halme Submission (Rear Choke) UFC 13-The Ultimate Force 5/30/1997

Oct 19, 2002
You gotta see that Randy is suspect to getting caught in Subs, especially from a BJJ blackbelt like Vitor...Randy is a better wrestler, Vitor the better striker...Randy's not terribly good on his back, i'm tellin ya, Vitor is takin this one IMO!

What other MMA events you got on DVD bane?

Mar 11, 2004
yea but vitor is a paper black belt! they only gave him his black belt so he would represent the gracies. i will agree with you about randy not being good on his back, that is for sure. but randy stood with vitor in their first fight and got the better of him, all he has to do is survive the first fury.

as for dvd's i been busy but i have been trying to post my collection cuz im trying to raise some money to get some really rare MMA dvd's from this cat on ebay, i need 240.00 so im selling copies of all my mma and all my other movies for $6 shipped or 5 for $23 shipped. but basically i have:

ufc
5 events and 2 knockout and 2 best of dvd's

pride
all but the newer ones and the middle weight grand prix, and the very rare "best of pride 1-3" which is the pre show event where future stars fight

vale tudo
4 of these events, cant remember which ones, but i have vanderli silvas very first match in one of them

king of the cage
i have about 15 of these cant remember the exact titles

and a few random events including the bas rutten career 3 disk set, one of the best dvds i have watched.

but look for my list, and once i get those other ones ill have about 25-30 more added to the collection.

May 6, 2002
Call Me A Hater...But Here It Is

I STILL Don't look so highly upon Couture. Not becuase of the accidental headbutt or any poor excuse like that. MAINLY becuase he was a Heavyweight. After the Josh Barrnett fight (which I was at), he dropped to light heavy. Sure, he dominated Light Heavy by beating Liddell, Ortiz, and now Belfort..but Fuckin A'!, thats not even his division. It's like Mike Tyson dropping to cruiser or light heavy, and dominating, and being praised for it!? Pure BS.

Silva is gonna KICK HIS ASS!!!!
Pride mashes on UFC, we had this discussion a while back. Silva in OR out of the octagon, will murder Randy.

On the side...
Congrats Liddell, MUCH PROPS.

Mike Kyle got KO'd, left the ring like a baby. He also bit Wes Simms last time around, which is also buster...

Diaz gave a good one, but lost the split dec.

Its still Tito on mines....

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
yeah,i dont know if randy should of called silvia out like that..i think silvia would tear randy up...but i always doubt randy and he surprises me...pretty good fights all around tonight...not too many outcomes i didnt see coming though,everybody that should of won pretty much did...would of liked to nick diaz win that last one though

Oct 19, 2002
Randy's style is smart...but undoubtedly the gayest/most boring shit ever...he just rams his opponents straight into the fence and does his GnP. Silva would knock him the fuck out, the beatdown will be even worse if it was in Pride's ring where Randy cant utilize the fence so goddamn much.

Mar 11, 2004
hahaha YYYYEEEEAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know randy was going to win, his ground control is nasty. his ground and pound style is brutal. not the prettiest, but defienty effective. silva is just as dangerous in the clinch. i think if they do fight, the difference will be in what organization they fight in. if they fight in the ufc the edge will go to randy because he can use the cage, if it goes to pride silve will have the edge because he wont get caught against the cage and will have a better chance to stand. other then that its a toss up