UFC 169: Barao vs. Faber

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
huh? Barao was punching Faber in the arm and Faber had a thumbs up as it was happening, how did he prevent a KO?
Im more saying if Faber got back up off the ground some how he would have got ko'd badly. This wasnt his fight. Honestly havent seen him take this type of punishment since his WEC days

Props: CZAR and CZAR
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Im more saying if Faber got back up off the ground some how he would have got ko'd badly. This wasnt his fight. Honestly havent seen him take this type of punishment since his WEC days
It's not Herb Dean's job to look in to the future and say "well if Faber does get up, he miiiight get KO'd later on in the fight, so I might as well stop it now".

Look at the Jamie Varner and Abel Trujillo fight lol Trujillo was rocked and later won by KO.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
But Faber was acting defenseless not fighting back
for 10 seconds while being hit in the arm...

He also had one of Barao's legs hooked. The way he had his leg hooked he could have swept him, Barao also could have adjusted and actually legit finished Faber, we'll never know what might have happened because of a terrible stoppage.

trips

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
Aldo is getting fucked up big time if he ever fights Anthony Pettis! Aldo was breathing out his mouth by the third round. he needs to work on his conditioning asap! that was not a good look

Apr 26, 2002
Early stoppage BUT I'm not upset with it. The dif from this and the gifs posted above is the fighters were at least always moving. Faber didn't move at all cept his thumb while gettin hammer fisted 15 times. 15!

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
for 10 seconds while being hit in the arm...

He also had one of Barao's legs hooked. The way he had his leg hooked he could have swept him, Barao also could have adjusted and actually legit finished Faber, we'll never know what might have happened because of a terrible stoppage.
In my opinion, you need to be trying to sweep your opponent instead of trying to give the ref a thumbs up. You can't complain about that stoppage if you're Faber or a fan of Faber. Even if he was making the attempt to get up to his knees instead of being flat on his stomach and trying to shoot a thumbs up looks a hell of a lot better, especially after you're floored hard twice already.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Faber was done, layed flat out while taking shots to the head, necc and wrists. not mad about the stoppage. good nigh of fights, Mir should hang em up(hell like two fights ago) Aldo once again proved hes a bad mofo with those nasty leg kiccs. cant wait for Aldo vs Pettis!!

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
i just cant get off Overeem's head movement, he has none! leaves his chin in the air too! he better correct that asap if he wants to fight the best in the world. i was waiting for leg kiccs as well from The Reem and didnt get any...

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
It was still incredibly weak of him to call out Lesnar, who I believe has more losses than wins and coming off of retirement, than to call out anyone else above him in the rankings. This fool is a joke.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
Reem just tryna get paid thats all, see nothing wrong with that. he knows hes not fuccin wit jds at this point, hence the lesnar callout. i actually wouldnt mind seeing stipe miocic vs overeem next. makes sense