UFC 118

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 22, 2007

August 28, 2010 at the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts, United States

Main card

* Lightweight Championship bout: Frankie Edgar vs. B.J. Penn
* Heavyweight bout: Randy Couture vs. James Toney
* Middleweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Mario Miranda
* Lightweight bout:Kenny Florian vs. Gray Maynard
* Welterweight bout: Nate Diaz vs. Marcus Davis

Preliminary card (Spike TV)

* Lightweight bout: Joe Lauzon vs. Gabe Ruediger
* Lightweight bout: Andre Winner vs. United States Nik Lentz

Preliminary card

* Middleweight bout: Dan Miller vs. John Salter
* Welterweight bout: Nick Osipczak vs. Greg Soto
* Welterweight bout: Mike Pierce vs. Amilcar Alves
* Middleweight bout: Gerald Harris vs. Joe Vedepo

Sep 22, 2007
Bj ain't gettin' that belt back. to me this is a slap in the face to Frankie. "Hey, we don't think you won that fight with BJ the first time, so you're gonna fight him again. good luck." What a joke.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
BJ didn't look right the first fight. Think he's gonna smash Frankie this time.
Palhares is gonna rip Nate's leg off and KO Anderson with it.
And WAR BARONI, Salter's that fag that celebrated after MacDonald broke his leg

May 17, 2004
penn has been dominating the weight class. i think hes plenty deserving of getting a title shot right away. he did look off like he was hurt in the last fight. wasnt he wearing a knee brace too?

Dec 30, 2003
Bj ain't gettin' that belt back. to me this is a slap in the face to Frankie. "Hey, we don't think you won that fight with BJ the first time, so you're gonna fight him again. good luck." What a joke.
it is kinda fucked up to Frankie.. but it was a close ass fight... but this also pisses me off bc why didnt Rampage getta immediate rematch to Forrest Griffin?... ufc works in funny ways... but it entertains us and alllways gives us good ass fights.

Dec 30, 2003
BJ didn't look right the first fight. Think he's gonna smash Frankie this time.
Palhares is gonna rip Nate's leg off and KO Anderson with it.
And WAR BARONI, Salter's that fag that celebrated after MacDonald broke his leg
yea thats fuckin stupid salter will get smaaashed.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Spike TV confirms "UFC Prelims" with UFC 118's Lauzon vs. Etim, Rivera vs. Sakara

As expected Spike TV will host a one-hour "UFC Prelims" special prior to the pay-per-view-televised main card of August's UFC 118 event.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) first reported earlier this week that the special was in the works.

Spike TV officials today announced the PPV teaser features Massachusetts-based fighters Joe Lauzon and Jorge Rivera, who respectively fight Terry Etim and Alessio Sakara at the Boston show.

UFC 118 takes place Aug. 28 at TD Garden in Boston.

Spike TV officials traditionally like to feature former cast members from "The Ultimate Fighter" and UFC Fight Night regulars in the "UFC Prelims" specials. Lauzon appeared on "TUF 5" and Rivera on "TUF 4."

Lauzon (18-5 MMA, 5-2 UFC) looks to bounce back from a January loss to Sam Stout at UFC 108. Lauzon was returning to the cage after a severe knee injury kept him sidelined for nearly a year. Etim (14-3 MMA, 5-3 UFC) had pieced together a four-fight win streak with victories over Shannon Gugerty, Justin Buchholz, Brian Cobb and Stout before he ran into a buzz saw and dropped a submission loss to Rafael dos Anjos at UFC 112 in April.

Rivera (18-7 MMA, 8-5 UFC), who began his UFC career with an undistinguished 5-5 record, has seen a career resurgence with recent consecutive wins over Nissen Osterneck, Rob Kimmons and Nate Quarry. Sakara (15-7 MMA, 6-4 UFC) also seeks his fourth straight win following knockouts of Joe Vedepo and James Irvin and a split-decision victory over Thales Leites.

The official UFC 118 card now includes:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

* Champ Frankie Edgar vs. B.J. Penn (for lightweight title)
* Randy Couture vs. James Toney
* Nate Marquardt vs. Rousimar Palhares
* Kenny Florian vs. Gray Maynard
* Marcus Davis vs. Nate Diaz

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)

* Jorge Rivera vs. Alessio Sakara
* Terry Etim vs. Joe Lauzon

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Nik Lentz vs. Andre Winner
* Phil Baroni vs. John Salter
* Nick Osipczak vs. Greg Soto
* Amilcar Alves vs. Mike Pierce

Nov 7, 2006
shelled out 400 bills for some great ass seats for this. looks to be a dope card and i can't wait for the maynard vs Flo fight, boston fans are gonna go crazy for that but i honestly love both fighters so dont care who wins. Toney should dominate couture and BJ will prolly kill frankie this time around. they also bringing the fan expo here for 2 days, has anyone ever gone to one? and if so is it worth the 50bucks

Feb 10, 2006
Bj will get his belt, was a close fight n bj is well respected and did run thru his division, so well deserving 4 penn, toney will get tired then coture will go in 4 the kill n ground pound him, if toney don't catch him in the first, kenflo n maynard should b a good fight as well as diaz and davis. Good card I'll buy this and 117

Feb 10, 2006
Ya penn did have a knee brace on but no excuses from that, good 2 c marquardt bacc 2, dat dudes a beast, a convincing win should put in the #1 contender spot, he's been waitin on a rematch wit silva

Feb 10, 2006
Timezone maybe had sumthin 2 do wit the reaction timing and stamina of the fighters as well maybe it affected penn more, dat fight is history tho rematch should b good, I c penn knoccin him out