UFC 111

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 13, 2003
arm bar and kimora..........Dan is fuckin tough as nails, no quit in that dude it seems...At all!!!!
another predicatble fight from GSP from me though, but hey it works wonders for dude....cant hate that, it just got boring for me from time to time cuz he couldnt do too much except for position and those 2 attempts on Hardy.

Sep 24, 2006
^^exactly sometimes id like to see ufc make people fight in certain ways/ like both gsp and hardy are good at standup and gsp is good at ground hardy really wasnt so we all knew gsp was going to take it down. have like matches where if both are good at something make them fight that style so they both have a chance

Mar 13, 2003
GSP, is known as a great stiker but i think he's been hesitant (especially w/ a fighter like Hardy) to stand up more cuz he's too afraid to get knocked out again......I've been noticing that from him with his last 3 fights or so....NOW I just wanna see Carwin knock Brock the fuck out......Hope it happens!!!!

Apr 25, 2002
i was surprised gsp didnt utilize knees more...yea he dominated the fight but it ended in a way that was disapointing for everyone..himself included...i cant say nothin bad about the dude tho cuz hes the b est right now....he can take anyone down and hardy knew that from jump...he should have been more prepared to stop it and he showed zero ability to prevent gsp from the takedown...so..i guess we will just wait for a rematch

carwin is a true beast...and he just might have ended mirs career .

Mar 13, 2003
it's hard to stop somebody from taking you down with the strength and skill GSP has and he's very well versed in grappling, where as Hardy only had a few months of preperation (and grappling isnt his strong point) for this fight to defend take downs......
I doubt Mir's career is over, he just needs to get used to being 3rd best in heavy weights if he stay's on the pace he's going.........He seemed a little too calm/comfortable being pressed up on that cage and Carwin made him pay for that....Wish i would of been able to see the post fight interviews though, to hear what Mir had to say!

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
GSP's in a shitty situation. Dominate everyone and never lose a fight again but get labeled boring, or go balls out and risk losing. Unless they bring in Nick Diaz I won't be getting too excited about a GSP fight at 170 anymore.

Apr 25, 2002
far as hardy only having 3 months to prepare for gsp grapple game..well i can only say bullshit..cuz the truth is..if u are in the mma game..and u plan to be the BEST..u already know you have to be completely rounded...hardy had his whole career to prepare but he chooses to rely on his fortay..and that will be enough in MOST cases..but when it comes to being the best..he will fall short...

far as mir career not being over..well maybe not..but..he said himself he wants to be the best at every mufuckin angle....losing this match was a BIG DEAL considering his own perspective..sayin shit like he has nightmares about Brock..and he needs to regain face in order to even feel comfortable....and now with this loss i just feel he took a big set back....but if he is a true champ he WILL be back...time will tell