Tyson 234 Lewis 249

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 12, 2002
Both fighters are coming into this fight a little big. 234 and a half for Tyson is his second highest weight for his career. Tyson's power is not the question at all, so I thought it would have been smarter to keep him down in weight give him more speed and endurance. I think a Tyson at 225 has his best chance in this fight.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I totally agree. I thought Tyson would come in at about 225 so he could stay more busy and be faster. This plays heavily in Lewis' favor should the fight go into the championship rounds Mike's stamina will become a question.

May 14, 2002
tyson aint no youngsta no more....he cant just drop the weight like he used to do.....plus that inactivity takes a toll......but he seems to be in pretty good shape to me...alot better than that last fight against nielsen.....i still got to go with mike....

RevoL

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
he got all the weight cuz he's tryin to kill lewis mayne...this fight will not go the distance...it's endin in rd 3 wit a tyson KO....that's if tyson doesnt do nothin stupid...

May 10, 2002
It dont matter how good of shape Tyson is in or how hard hes been trainig cause he aint been in no real boxing matches lately. With his recent bouts with Andrew Golota, Lou Saverese, Orlin Norris, and the Fran Bothas of the world, those saps are a far cry from Lennox Lewis. On the other hand, Lewis has been in some pretty good scraps lately with Hasim Rahman, David Tua, and of course the man with the brick head.

Unless Tyson gets to Lewis quick and knocks him out in 5 or less rounds, then Lewis will win. I dont think Tyson has a chance to outlast Lewis if it goes to a decision.

Grim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.grim64131.freeservers.com
BornSin said:
It dont matter how good of shape Tyson is in or how hard hes been trainig cause he aint been in no real boxing matches lately. With his recent bouts with Andrew Golota, Lou Saverese, Orlin Norris, and the Fran Bothas of the world, those saps are a far cry from Lennox Lewis. On the other hand, Lewis has been in some pretty good scraps lately with Hasim Rahman, David Tua, and of course the man with the brick head.

Unless Tyson gets to Lewis quick and knocks him out in 5 or less rounds, then Lewis will win. I dont think Tyson has a chance to outlast Lewis if it goes to a decision.

I agree with what you are saying about that but Lewis compared to the people Tyson used to fight on a regular basis back in the day is just average compared to those guys, Lewis has a great record and all but he never had to go through alot of high class fighters to get that record.....they might be considered high class fighters on todays standards but they arent anything like the people Tyson was fighting 10 years back or so, back then Lewis and Tyson wouldnt have even been a Pay-Pay-View match, it would just of been a regular ole person for Tyson to knock out. But now since Tyson has been out of it for a while and changed his boxing style it will be a match, I really wish Mike would of had some stronger warm up opponents to fight but there really arent any really strong competitors around.

m p o

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
point blank

tyson won't go more then four.. five rounds

he's out of shape...
if he feels he's not gonna win..
he's going to freak out and bite somthing..

probably lenox's nipple

i got tyson to KO lenox with in three rounds

or tyson get's disqualified..

i'd be surprised if it dosen't happen like that..

May 2, 2002
my prediction: tyson by 2nd round KO...

i dont have much interest in this fight though... however, july 20th it's on! vernon forrest vs. sugar shane... PART II.

bw

May 10, 2002
Real talk Grim, but its all about "what have you done for me lately", and Lewis gets the nodd on that one. But we shouldnt forget the dominant Tyson that most of us witnessed back in the late 80's like you said.
If he somehow regains that mindset, then look for Tyson to make a bid for the title again.

If Lewis can control the fight with his jab, then Tyson is done.