twista and the neptunes

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 12, 2002
Sergeant Hustle said:

females are all that matters if you want to move real units. they spend more, buy more, and 90% of all radio and music TV is programmed for what they like. that goes for most products in general. men don't spend, period point blank. if it don't make dollas, it don't make sense. kudos to the neptunes. they have my vote.
Sergeant Hustle said:

the grindin beat proves the less is more thery, and it's tight to me.

true game spittin goin down here by serge

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
The 'Grindin' beat was tight as fucc. Also any of you saying their beats are simple and anyone can do it. LET ME SEE YOU DO IT. Let's see you get as big as them with your beats. Let's see you have damn near every song on the radio have one of your beats. Until you can do that shut the fucc up because you're just talking out of your ass.

Apr 25, 2002

That Twista freestyle with that Neptunes beat is pretty tight, but I don't think the beat is that great. I'd rather hear Twista flowin over a Traxster beat.

Sep 13, 2002
TIM and SERGEANT Yall both lost all credibility on this thread you should just stop posting now.

i like the beat means nothing. its dope cause i like it means nothing. so if a man likes another mans dick its dope???????

you havent gave one reason why you think there dope or better then anyone else except females buy there shit. so i guess nsync is dope and britney and moby and nelly and puffy dope to right??

i mean from, what yall said thats why there dope and no one sells more then those artist so they must be unbelivably dope right.

shit just because you make money dosent mean you put out good music, yall need to wake the fuck up.

they dont use anything in there music it wasnt hard or grimey it was played in clubs non stop.

since when does hard and grimey shit get played in clubs??? no thats right it dosent pop shit gets played in clubs and last time i checked pop wasnt hard or grimey.

at least have a lil more melodical switchups, even some conga drums would brighten up that track, or some zylaphone hits. a Fruity Loops professional like myself could make that beat in about 5-10 minutes....MAYBE 15...(this including the time spent searchin thru the file archives to fidn the right instrument/sound, but not including mixing/effects). ive heard elementry school jazz bands sound better

real talk deluzion, tim what you quoted was pure bull-shit.

just to let yall no the grindin beat took my cousin exactly 6 min and 8 seconds to make on frutiy loops, yep thats skill. haha

and last but not least sergeant WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT IN YOUR SIG GOD DAMMMMMMM THATS SAD

Sep 13, 2002
my ban tim you wasnt the one who quoted that but you still stupid as fuck.

Parapraxis you quoted that, you talkin out ya ass, typing alot but saying nothin

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
proppa said:
I'm stupid? I find it very amusing that you call me stupid when you can't even spell correctly. Also if I'm wrong, prove it. Let's see you blow up as big as the neptunes did off their beats. Let's see you make beats for people and blow up like they did. Let's see you get to where you are wanted by damn near every artist to do beats for their albums. Don't talk about the shit DO IT. Let's see you even get ONE beat to be all over tv and radio. You can't and you won't because the shit's not that easy.

Apr 25, 2002
tim, it would be better if woulda kept your mouth closed bro. all i said is i thought that beat was wack and theyre getting payed off shit a WHOLE LOT of people can just as easily do. right on @ proppa, i can tell u know what im sayin. as for me not bein at thier level becasue my songs arent all over the radio, thats clownin. so ya think shania twain is tighter than lynch cuz her shits all up on the radio and lynch isnt??? bad excuse on your part. dont have references to my music inyour mouth till u hear a selection of it at its final completion, which u will be able to do REAL soon (check out the Decoy CD when it drops, tracks called "Hustlin is a Habit"...a knocker FA SHO. oh, and when the Big Oso Loc CD drops, look for a track on it featuring Woodie...)....im not tryna hate on the next man, cuz liek i said, i think some artists have done some SICK songs to some of thier beats....i cant clown on brittney ever since "slave 4 u" came out....shits just way too clean....but that grindin beat is just too overrated, and IMO, the perfect example of how mainstream is saturated with image, names, and doggy doo doo

Sep 12, 2002
proppa said:

Parapraxis you quoted that, you talkin out ya ass, typing alot but saying nothin

lol proppa u crack me the FUCK up, i think it took me 15 minutes to read you post cuz it was soo god damn blantantly tru and funny, except i didnt type ALOT all i did was agree that BITCHES buy a good percentage of the music out there, wheter it is dirty toilet paper music or some untouched "white cloud" the bitches still buy MOST but not all of that shit.... and yah that neptunes beat fuckin blows. thats my 2 cents. thanks for tha laughs proppa

o ya i must not have read sargents quote too well that i quoted, cuz that beat didnt prove no fuckin theory, ur right proppa. YOU DONT PROVE A THEORY, YOU PROVE A HYPOTHESIS, AND THEN IT BECOMES THEORY.... and that was a shitty hypothesis cuz it isnt true 100% of the time.... maybe only 10-15% of the time, excuse my blatant retartedness on that one.

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
DeluzioN said:
as for me not bein at thier level becasue my songs arent all over the radio, thats clownin. so ya think shania twain is tighter than lynch cuz her shits all up on the radio and lynch isnt???
Their shit isn't tight because it's on the radio, it's on the radio because it's tight. As usual you are one of them retards who doesn't read the entire post. Either that or you have a comprehension problem. I'm going to say this one last time, THE NEPTUNES ARE THE MOST POPULAR PRODUCERS IN HIPHOP TODAY, THEY ARE THE MOST WANTED. DAMN NEAR EVERYBODY HAS A BEAT BY THEM OR IS TRYING TO GET ONE. LISTEN TO THE RADIO OR WATCH TV AND YOU WILL SEE MOST OF THE POPULAR SONGS ARE PRODUCED BY THEM. I WONDER WHY??? IT'S BECAUSE THEY MAKE TIGHT SHIT!!!! IF ANYONE CAN DO IT WHY AREN'T MORE PEOPLE?? WHY DO PEOPLE PAY THE NEPTUNES FOR BEATS?? IF THEY ARE SO SIMPLE THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO THEM??? LET'S SEE YOU BLOW UP OFF PRODUCING. LET'S SEE YOU GET TO WHERE DAMN NEAR EVERY ARTIST IS TRYING TO GET A BEAT FROM YOU. ONCE THAT HAPPENS THEN YOU CAN TALK. YOU'RE NO DIFFERENT THAN THE GUY SITTING AT HOME WATCHING THE FOOTBALL GAME AND SAYING HE CAN DO BETTER. IF YOU THINK YOU CAN, THEN PROVE IT.

Apr 25, 2002
you are one stupid motherfucker. again, all your telling me is that thier mainstream and they can put out a talent-less beat and soemone will use it and it will sell JUST because they have a name for themselves. people buy it cuz it says neptunes, and they think "oh, cool, theyre popular"...that, son, is why they make CHEESE. cuz they knew how to get thier name out, and now that they dont hafto worry about that, they can make several sub par beats and still get chedder off em. and as for me not bein able to speak till i get to where theyre at, like i said, till u hear my music, just be an observer. album sales and popularity really have not a whole lot to do with skill, and thats what im speaking on. it DOESNT take a lot of skill to make that beat. point blank, it does take a lot of HUSTLE and PROMOTIONAL skill to get to the status where your not having to put much effort and origionality into a product to make $ off it. REAL TALK, every word, and unless your in the music business or plan on the music business taking a major roll in your life, and living, breathing, eating, and shitting music, then YOU, my friend, have NO place to talk about ME like you know whats really goin on....no hation, but get off the high horse bud

May 10, 2002
OK kids...so we know this from the thread...

The Grindin beat sucks cus its simple...women buy more music...and the Grindin beat is dope cus its simple...and people hate the neptunes cus they use Fruit Loops???

ok...

1.Did we forget the free expression of the word "OPINION" again?For the umph-million time????

2.I PERSONALLY dont like the Grindin cut...notice the word personally is high-lighted and capitolized...

3.However...i like the song by Nelly,"Its Gettin Hot In Herre"...a Neptunes beat...and the "Pass The Couovosier" jam by Busta,also a Neptunes beat...

4.Its a known fact..if you tryin to SELL records...and get BIG in the industry,aim for a WOMAN AUDIENCE.Why?Cus if the females like it...the men will follow...if you can play it at the club or on the radio...and god knows women LOVE to dance(im always gettin dragged to the club so me and my buddies can watch our dates dance for like 12 hours striaght..)...you will have a better shot at success...shit,look at Nelly...he got that poppy-club shit goin...BOOM..blew the fuck up...

EXAMPLE...A local cat nemed Neema...has a hit song on the radio thats in pretty good rotation(and our radio stations give very lil love to local acts) right now from a song called "Take Control(remix)...some main-stream shit...but becus it is that..it gets spins.Why?Cus you can DANCE TO IT....women LOVE that cut...and the men have followed...marketing at its finest...

BTW...much love Neema...the NW DOES have you back...

SO,everyone need to respect opnions...ESPECIALLY when it comes to music,movies,books...just entertainment in general..hanvet yall ever heard the saying "You can please some of the people all of the time,and all of the people some of the time"...

Apr 25, 2002
if your out to make money, which is of course a good thing. but i just like knowin my music has a little more effort then some hand claps.....melody and mood is the key for me...

May 5, 2002
www.karliehustle.com
^^^Dogg, get off the Grindin beat....that's one beat....give props where props are due....the Neptunes have a plethora of other beats as well. No one else had anything close to what Grindin sounds like. Every other song out is pop friendly.....sang-song hook, rap, sang-song hook.....Grindin is a hip hop joint.....gritty and basic with a tight spoken hook. Totally different sounding and even tho folks had to take the time to bend their ear to it, it still was a hit.

Apr 25, 2002
i ALREADY gave credit where it was due, but im also gonna give JEERS where its due. i could care elss if its a "hit". i dont think because songs are "hits" they they are automatically good. its makin money (at elast they better hope so), so they did somethin right, but musically speaking, its BOOTY. promotionally speaking and marketably speaking, yes its "tight". just goes to show how simple it is to please a lot o people. right on to the neptunes for bein able to sell some fools a half ass beat and be able to turn it into hit material (based on the production name of course).