Tweedy Bird Loc ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 30, 2006
i really want to know what happened to him or if he has some plans to release some shit in the future?
some say he`s in the jail & some say he`s dead , does anybody has some good information about him, i cant find any good info on the net about him.
anybody ?

Nov 30, 2006
old intervieuw about dangerous rec

THE UNTOLD STORY

Whatever happened to CONTROVERSY

Let’s start with: how did you get started in the rap business?

I got started in the rap business in 1988 – I’ve been in the music business since 1980.

Who was your first rap artist and what is the name of the song?

My first rap artist was (D. Rock and the Bayou Crew, the name of the song “My Mama Name Me Batman Get Some of this Funk), Tweedy Bird Loc – 187 Ride By – L.P.

How did you get involved with the Bloods & Crips?

I got involved with the Bloods & Crips through Tweedy Bird Loc. He came to me real frustrated said he wanted to rap. He said: “all of these niggas is making money on Gangsta Rap, but didn’t do shit”. He grew with NWA and they’re not helping none of the real homies. “Let’s make records using real gangstas. Giving niggas a chance whether they were Bloods or Crips.” So I’ve thought about it, help fine tune it. We kick some thoughts around, me, Tweed & Battlecat and came up with Bang’n On Wax.

What was it like putting it together. Anybody get shot, any fight, what’s the real scoop?

I’m not going to sit up here and tell you it was all peaches and cream and everything went well, it was the same BS – everybody sitting around strap waiting to set trip on each others; my thing was getting all these niggas in the same room together. So if we could not be in the studio together we can’t make a record together.

But how did you make it work?

Well the first thing it was about respect, if they could respect me I could respect them whether they were Bloods or Crips. I noticed we could work together when food was served everybody came together. But after eat, Crips was in their group and Bloods were in their group. My thing was to get the brothers to start communicating and talking to each other. Because we are all black men.

I wanna know did anybody get shot or any gangs fight.

Nobody never got shot around me, I always stopped it before it got started, but yeah! there were a few fights. I don’t wanna call no names.

That is unbelieveable! But what do you mean by a few fights?

Sometimes brothers have problems with each other – and if they wanted to get the shit out it’s a big old room out there in the studio to do it in. But it was always one on one.

I couldn’t believe it when you did the “Bangin On Wax” Video, you had all these Bloods & Crips, maybe two thousand or more, that was a real experience for me. I really didn’t think you could pull it off – that was history in the making. How did you do it?

I’ve talked to a few Bloods & Crips and told them we were going to make a video and we were going to do it together. Everybody thought it wasn’t going to work. I told them that it will work. It’s all about respect. You respect them. They’ll respect you. Let’s don’t get caught up in words like slob, cuzz, e-ricket, snopp. You have to control your emotions. They said: let’s do this, I told them if one brother trip on who ever, it’s all over. We have a chance to do something here, let’s do it. Nobody was more proud of the Bloods & Crips as I was, to make a video with all these white people News people, camera and evebody having fun.

But I saw these Bloods & Crips taunting each other. How did you control that while making a video?

I stopped it before it got started, I walk around got to know everybody shook hands had a lot of hugs, they respected me I respected them. Everybody understood what we were trying to do and that was history being made. There was no fights nobody got shot.

I saw a lot of guns that were not prop.

That could be true that’s why I’m so proud of my brothers to come together make a video and nobody got shot, everybody was strap, that shows me that my people can come together.

How did you get the name Ronnie Ron?

That’s funny – The name Ronnie Ron came from… Notorious Joe – we were in the studio in 1991 doing Tweedy Bird Loc album. He said I’m giving you a new name Ronnie, that’s Ronnie Ron. So everybody started calling me that.

Do you still work with Notorious Joe?

I’m not working with him now, but he was a big part in the making of “Bang’n On Wax”. Joe had a lot of ideal, Joe was Blue Rag on “Bang’n On Wax”.

I didn’t know that. So what happen to him?

Blue Rag was a real talented brother that could rap his ass off. But I don’t think he really understood my relationship with Quality Record or that fu-- up ass record company Par Records. I was the white man flunky.

What do you mean by flunky?

What I mean by flunky is, using me to make these Bloods & Crips Records. White man never been in the studio or a video shoot, didn’t want no part of these guy paid me peanut, I have to split my peanut with everybody. While that white man can go home sleep good at night, live in fancy houses, drive nice cars while I take all the BS they can make million and I don’t blame them. Because we had another fu-- up ass deal with Par Records which I never made a Dime from. I spent my on money trying to make this shit happen. So they decided to go their own way.

There “rumor” that “Bang’n On Wax” went gold, but Sound Scan says four hundred thousand. Explain? Because you guys had a lot of “Pub”.

I believe that Bang’n On Wax sold a lot of more record than they’re telling us, but I can’t prove it. But like you said with all the “Pub” that’s out there, with number one Video like Piru Love, Steady Dippin’ & Bang’n On Wax number three, we should have sold millions. I think the numbers that they gave us is BS, we sold more records that that but I can’t prove it. You can bet your bottom dollars I will never get used like I did by another white muthafucker in this record business again. You talking about paying dues, I’ve paid dues. But I knew had to crawl before I walk and I knew I wasn’t going to come in this record business getting rich quick. Some time you have to take a #%@& up deal to get your foot in the door. Blacks need to own and control more shit.

You sound like you have a lot of frustration built up in you.

I have a whole lot of frustration built up in me. First of all I’m not going to keep getting’ pimp in this business no more. I’m not taking no more BS. If I make anymore Gang Bang’n Records, me and my people want to get paid, no more peanuts – we’re not putting ourselves out there like that anymore.

What ever happened to the guy with the “mask”?

You mean Sin Loc. Sin was also a part of the Underworld Connection (U.W.C.). Sin was also a Big part in making the “Bang’n On Wax”. He also rap on Tweedy Bird Loc albums – 187 Ride By, A.K.A “Hitman D”; a brother have a lot of talent, but like I said before he didn’t understand my relationship with that white man. Along with A-Love A.K.A Do Or Die was also a part of the U.W.C. also a “big” part on “Bang’n On Wax”.

I heard you recorded the “Bangin’ On Wax” record album in two weeks, when it takes the average rapper six months to make an album. How did you get those Bloods and Crips to rap?

First of all that’s true, I recorded all my albums like that. I had an open session for Bloods and Crips to come in the studio and start bussin’ rhymes. I gave everybody a shoot that was there. I do my homework before I go in to the studio and make sure my brother got their shit together.

How did you get Bloods and Crips to rap?

These brothers have a lot of hidden talent and I try to bring the best out of them. Everybody around me know how I work, if you don’t have your rhymes together on the mic, out the booth. “Next”. That make them try hard and come out right.

How did you get Red-Rum-781 & CK to rap like that? And all these other Bloods to sound so professional. How did that come about?

I met Red-Rum-781 before I started doing “Bang’n On Wax”, he was known as “Lyrical”. He always had that flow that was slicing niggas up. He was a big part of “Bang’n On Wax”. He brought his brother Lil CK which was a real smooth rapper; all the girls seem to like him on “Piru Love”.

How did you meet Bloody Mary and there are rumors that Bloody Mary is Nini-X and the reason she left is because she never got paid. Is there any picture of Bloody Mary?

Bloody Mary is Nini-X, I met Nini-X through Tweedy Bird Loc. He brought her in I’ve been helping her from day one. She was on (G-R) when I met her, me personally I didn’t want her to rap on Bangin’ On Wax tape period. But she insisted on it so she became knows as “Bloody Mary”. But to answer your questions about getting paid: I gave her money out of my own pocket. I bought her clothes to wear, gave her way over ten thousand dollars up front. Put the bitch on a weekly salary of four hundred dollars a week and I have checks to prove it.

But why did she leave?

She’s stupid, you never bite the hand that feed you. She’s caught up with that BS. Everybody telling her what they can do for her. Now she don’t have nothing happen for her. But I can understand her frustration that she’s going thru because she rap on a lot of album. But I was a front for the white man and they pimp us both. But we were all trying to reach the same goals. I always made sure she was taken care of. fu-- the white man – you don’t do that to your friends. Any groups or rapper that was sign to me got paid up front. If they are saying anything difference they are a muthafuckin lie. Niggas for get real fast when the money is gone. The majority of Bloods and Crips wasn’t sign to Dangerous Records. A very few was. There is a photo of Bloody Mary in the Greatest Hits L.P.

Was Bangin’ On Wax about the peace treaty?

Hell no, it was about respect for each other, never about a peace treaty. You can’t get a bunch of brothers in the same room today without no job or some way out, they’ll go home and have the same problem; that’s why you have to bring something to the table. Like I did with “Bangin On Wax”.

What was it like working with Lil’ Stretch and Red-Rag? How did you meet them? Is it true they are the Young Soldierz?

The word was out I wanted some Blood from different sets. The Blood side was weak at the time. So Lil’ Stretch stroll thru check everything out and we talked got to know each other at the time. He was fresh out the joint. I ask him: “do you have any rhymes?”, “Hell yeah I got plenty rhymes”, so I can dis and say what I wanna say. Man, this is “Bangin On Wax”, you can rap and say what you wanna say.

But what was it like for him rapping on the tape with other Bloods & Crips especially for him since he’s fresh out the joint.

I could tell when he came thru he had a lot of frustration built up in him, the Bangin On Wax was a good way for him to let some shit out. Few of the brother did like the fact that I took a few guy off the tape to add him, there some didn’t like that. But it ain’t no doubt without Lil’ Stretch on “Shuda Been a B-Dog” and a lot of the Bloods songs wouldn’t have been the same. He was a big part in the making of “Bangin On Wax”. And yes it’s true he’s a Young Soldiers.

How did you meet Red-Rag?

I met Red-Rag the same time I met Lil’ Stretch. I call him Big WY. We talk got to know each other. He had a lot of ideal and from that day we started rolling. I took a few guy off some verse to add him. He had plenty od rap always ready to throw down. Big WY was a great inspiration for the Blood side. He added a lot of flavor. We established a great relationship. He played a big part in the making of Bangin’ On Wax one and two. Yes Red-Rag is a “Young Soldiers”.

Who is Dog?

I met “Dog” thru Big WY & Lil Stretch. He rap on a few songs; he’s a good brother.

How did you meet AWOL, Rider J?

I met AWOL thru Tweedy Bird. AWOL was there from the beginning, always had plenty of rhyme and his homeboy “C’Inch”. And has a lot of raw talent. I met Rider J thru Tweedy Bird; real cool brother. He was there from the start rappin’, help keep the homies in line so that we could make the LP. He understand the business side, that’s my nigga.

Is it true that Domino rap on “Bangin On Wax” under the name “Genuine Draft”? How did you meet Domino and what was some of the songs he rap on and why didn’t you sign Domino? The rumor are he never gave “Bangin’ On Wax” no prop.

I met Domino in the studio, I think he was working with Leon Haywood at the time. He use to hang around the studio and night I was recording “Steady Dippin” a few nigga didn’t have their shit together so Domino said: I have some lyric, so I listen to them. He jump on the mic about 2 A.M. in the morning and got down and the rest is history. He also rap on songs like “Bangin’ On Wax”, “Mackin’ to the Slob women” and more. I was going to sign Domino but he had to get in line, there were three or four other artist before him. I put him on “Bangin On Wax” but Domino was not sign to me. He came to me like a man and said: “I have a offer for a deal”. I said take it because I knew my situation wasn’t that great. He said: “Thank Ronnie for not locking me down”. And personally I don’t give a fu-- if he don’t give “Bangin On Wax” or Dangerous Record no prop as he knows where he came from. Bangin On Wax was Design for my brothers to make deals. I can’t sign everybody.

Who is Lil Hawk? Did he rap on the first Bangin’ album and is it true he have a solo album to come out?

No, Lil Hawk didn’t rap on the first Bangin’ album, he rap on the “Saga continue” album and “Damu Ridas” album. Yes he does have a solo album coming out call “Lil Hawk Red Riding Hood”.

Is it true that Fo’Clips sang background on “Piru Love”, “Wish You Were Here” & “Crippin’ Ain’t Easy” and do he have a album out?

Yes it’s true he sang background on all those songs. Yes he have a album out call “Fo’Clips/Eclipse”.

What happen to Big Freeze, Cixx-Pac, G-Bone & Scarface, do they have a album out?

Big Freeze is rapping on Nationwide Rip Ridaz and trying to put together a solo deal. Cixx-Pac is writing and rapping on the same album and wants a solo deal. G-Bone is kickin’ it on the Drive and also on Nationwide album. Scarface is writing rap and keeping his hustle on and also on Nationwide album.

What happen to Troll-Loc, Bronco, Trouble Loc, K-Tone.

Troll rap on the “Saga Continue” album and he move out of town. Bronco is writing songs, he’s also on Nationwide LP and also wants a record deal. Trouble-Loc is AWOL girl, she rap on a few songs. I like her sound. K-Tone rap on a few songs. He doing his won thang.

What happen to C-Note the girl rapper on the cover?

C-Note rap on “Bangin On Wax” and did a lot of TV stuff. I offer her a solo deal but she was with the Underworld Connection so it never happen. She doing her own thing.

What happen to B-Brazy, Batman, Green Eyes, Laniak, Lil Hawk & Pops?

B-Brazy is still rapping. He on the Damu Ridas LP and wants a solo deal. Batman was on the Saga Continues album. Last I heard he took a vacation to. Laniak rap on the Saga Continue album. He is no longer with us, may god bless him. He a very talent brother and had much love. Lil Hawk rap on the Saga Continues album. Pop is my nigga, he rap on the Saga album and also a part of the Young Soldierz.

Whatever happen to Tweedy Bird Loc? Does he have a new album out? Battlecat, J. Stank, Eastside Tag Team?

Tweedy Bird is still down writing, rapping and producing. He my main man, we got a lots of project coming up. Yes he have a album out call “No Holds Barred” which Quality didn’t promote; it was a good album. Me and Battlecat is still down, he come by the studio every now and then. He producing other artist like Domino and others; he is still my nigga. J Stank is doing his thang; he’s with another label “Eastside Tag Team”. They also come by the studio every now and then.

Who is Duke E. Fingaz and where did he get the name from? Is Leroy Dukes related to Duke E. Fingaz and who is Silkski & QLuso?

Duke E. Fingaz is my main producer. He plays a hell of a guitar and programs beats. He’s also Vice President of Production. He’s a very talented brother. Yes, Keriy Dukes and Duke E. Fingaz are brothers. The name Duke E. Fingaz come from Notorious Joe A.K.A. Blue Rag. Silkski and QLuso both worked on Bangin On Wax 1 and are now doing their own thang.

Who is Twin Loc & Koolay?

Twin Loc & Koolay are both on Nationwide Rip Ridas album. Twin Loc has a solo deal now.

Who is Mad Eye, Pimp D, Peanut II and Spider, Big Hawk and Tip Toe?

Mad Eye rapped on Damu Ridas. I met him thru Lil Hawk around the same time. Pimp D wanna rapping that pimp shit, also rapped on Damu Ridas album. Peanut II is another talented brother that rapped on Damu Ridas. He is no longer with us, may he rest in peace. Spider rapped on “I Wish You Were Here” single and video and on Damu Ridas album. He’s a good brother. Big Hawk is my niggas, he down with Lil Hawk. Tip Toe rap on the Damu Ridas video; he is no longer with us, may he rest in peace.

Did the Bloods & Crips ever do any concert? There were rumors that they did concerts in Portland, Oregon and in Brazil.

Yes, the Bloods & Crips did their first concert in Portland, which went very well. It featured Tweedy Bird Loc and Bloody Mary. The Bloods & Crips came together on stage to rap “Bangin On Wax”. It was like We Are The World. Brothers were huggin’ and shakin’ hands, it was great. The news media don’t talk about the positive side. Nobody got shot and not a single fight broke out. It was a very successful concert. The concert in Brazil was also a success. The Bloods & Crips were there for about two weeks and everybody loved them. Again, the concert was positive. There weren’t any fights or shooting. The Bloods & Crips also did a live performance on the Morton Downey Jr. Show.

I understand the Bloods & Crips were very successful on The Box, with songs like “Bangin On Wax”, “Piru Love”, “Steady Dippin”, and “Wish You Were Here”. You had two number one videos back to back. What ever happened to your videos? Those videos were classics, masterpieces in the rap field.

First of all I think The Box need to go back to the street. That’s the type of music that made The Box. I started sending my videos to The Box back in 1990 to 1993. Everyone else was going toward BET, MTV and Rap City. The Box unknown until I put the Bloods & Crips on it. Everybody started watching the Box. Now they are flooded with videos and don’t want to play the Bloods & Crips, when the gangsta rap is what made those motherfuckers. The Box made bitch ass excuses like “no gang sings, no guns, you can’t say this or you can’t show that”, after they made money off of us.

I was wondering why I only saw a little bit of Nationwide Ridaz video & Damu Ridas video. They only play in small parts of L.A. How does that make you feel and then they remove it off The Box?

That’s #%@& up – don’t you believe that BS that this is music you control, we don’t control a muthafuckin’ thang, that music they control. The Box was a street outlet for us all the street music. But now they’re trying to be like MTV, VH-1, BET or real cute video or a few gangsta rap video they like to play, that why I’m doing my video raw and uncut, so you can get the real deal. fu-- The Box, they need to take their ass back to the street, that’s what got them there.

Ronnie you seem to drive a pretty nice car before and seems to have your head on straight and they say you help people you don’t even know.

I was driving a pretty nice car before I met Tweedy or the Bloods & Crips, as a matter of fact I had more money then before I started fuckin’ with this shit. Somebody had to have some kind on money to start this project. I help a lot of brothers gave them money and also people I didn’t know.

Ronnie Ron where do Dangerous Records go from here, what’s coming up next?

Dangerous Record is GONE SOLO. I’m no longer distributed by Quality Records or Warlock Records. Dangerous Records have a lot of projects coming up. We’re doing our own thang, fu-- the BS, I have a brand new album by “Tweedy Bird Loc”, “Lil Hawk Red Riding Hood”, G.W.B., Bloods & Crips Bangin’ On Wax Greatest Hits. Also, Dangerous Records Greatest Hits which feature everybody and a lot more.

May 30, 2006
A, that waz a good azz interview. Never knew that the Banging On Wax album had nothing 2 do with the peace treaty. Thankz 4 the interview.

Honestly I never heard Tweedy Bird Loc Rap except 4 the Bangin On Wax album which was weak IMO. I don't even remember which songz he waz on.I've alwayz known of him. If anyone can throw up a track that'll be cool.

Nov 30, 2006
you really need to check his 2 cd`s out !
tweedy bird loc - 187 ride by ,real hardcore gangsta rap.
tweedy bird loc - no holds barred ,also hardcore gangsta and 1 of the hardest diss albums ever!