Trump cuts welfare the party is over for Welfare Queens

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
unemployment i think is damn near guaranteed if you were working for a legit business and you were layed off.

you can still get it if your fired or quit. but certain reasons kind of cancel you out off bat, if proven. thats why you (and the employer i think) have the chance to appeal if you dont like the initial decision. not every fired or quitting person will be approved and not all will be denied.

edit

FAQ - Eligibility

I was fired from my job. Will I be eligible?
State law provides that an individual who is discharged or terminated may be eligible for UI benefits provided that specific criteria are met. The EDD staff will determine on a case-by-case basis, whether the facts presented for the discharge or termination meet the criteria according to state law. The individual must also meet all other eligibility requirements before UI benefits are paid.

I just quit my job. Will I be eligible?
State law provides that an individual who quits his/her job may be eligible for UI benefits provided there was good cause for leaving employment, and the individual made all reasonable attempts to keep their job (e.g., request of leave of absence or transfer). Once all reasonable alternatives to leaving have been attempted, good cause may include situations such as leaving work due to unsafe working conditions, leaving work based on a medical doctors advice, or leaving work to protect oneself or one's child from domestic violence.

The EDD staff will determine on a case-by-case basis, whether the facts presented for the quit are good cause according to state law. The individual must also meet all other eligibility requirements before UI benefits can be paid.

Last edited:
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I've been fired and received unemployment before. Even had it contested and had to go to court which was stupid on their part, paying a lawyer just to lose, but then again it's nothing to them. AZ unemployment doesn't pay shit. There are states with lower costs of living like Arkansas, Montana, Kansas that pay out more than 2x AZ. CA doesn't pay shit considering Cost of Living.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2002
You can't get unemployment if you were fired
Yes, you can. I've fired people many times and they ended up getting unemployment. All of them got denied initially, but once they appealed it and it went to "court," they ended up getting rewarded even though I showed up with their files containing all of the proper documentation, including counseling reports and performance improvement plans that they failed to meet.

I put "court" in quotation marks because there was no judge, just some court-appointed worker (don't remember their title) that decided whether or not the former employee is entitled to unemployment. They ruled in favor of every one of them except two - one that physically attacked another employee and one that was caught stealing on camera, both of which resulted in arrests. I've had others be insubordinate, have poor attendance, harass others, create a hostile work environment, etc. and they all got rewarded unemployment benefits. It got to the point where I stopped showing up to the hearings because I knew they were going to reward the former employee no matter what (unless they get caught stealing or assaulting somebody, apparently). It is my understanding that the results will vary greatly depending on the county in California. Some counties will have people in place that don't play that shit. In the county I work in, they don't give a fuck and always side against the employer.

In California, you're supposed to be able to collect unemployment if you lose your job and it is NOT your fault - like if you get laid off or you get fired for something out of your control. But I've had people purposely violate company policies in order to get fired and still get unemployment.

Mar 21, 2009
Yes, you can. I've fired people many times and they ended up getting unemployment. All of them got denied initially, but once they appealed it and it went to "court," they ended up getting rewarded even though I showed up with their files containing all of the proper documentation, including counseling reports and performance improvement plans that they failed to meet.

I put "court" in quotation marks because there was no judge, just some court-appointed worker (don't remember their title) that decided whether or not the former employee is entitled to unemployment. They ruled in favor of every one of them except two - one that physically attacked another employee and one that was caught stealing on camera, both of which resulted in arrests. I've had others be insubordinate, have poor attendance, harass others, create a hostile work environment, etc. and they all got rewarded unemployment benefits. It got to the point where I stopped showing up to the hearings because I knew they were going to reward the former employee no matter what (unless they get caught stealing or assaulting somebody, apparently). It is my understanding that the results will vary greatly depending on the county in California. Some counties will have people in place that don't play that shit. In the county I work in, they don't give a fuck and always side against the employer.

In California, you're supposed to be able to collect unemployment if you lose your job and it is NOT your fault - like if you get laid off or you get fired for something out of your control. But I've had people purposely violate company policies in order to get fired and still get unemployment.
You're right I just didn't want to get into all the appeals and stuff. I've never fired anyone I just lay them off cuz I don't want you I deal with it. but I don't own the business

Jun 16, 2002
Sounds like a terrible place to work and sounds like you aren't a good manager:fist-bump:
Actually, it isn't bad at all unless you're a lazy, shitty worker. Believe it or not, no manager alive will be able to change those people. I've been doing this for many years, so my experience in terminating people isn't condensed into a small time frame. I probably have to fire 3-4 people per year and I oversee well over 100 people. I also inherited many of the initial shitty workers that I fired, which is when I realized fighting them over unemployment is a waste of my time.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Fact Sheet: How much waste, fraud, and abuse is there in Social Security?

The Social Security Trustees estimate that reducing benefits to restore solvency would require an immediate 16.4 percent benefit cut – the equivalent of reducing benefits this year by more than $150 billion.
• According to the Social Security Administration’s Inspector General, in 2013 just over 1,500 deceased individuals in all age ranges were still receiving benefits. They account for only $15 million in improper benefit payments.
• A 2015 report found 6.5 million active Social Security numbers for people over the age of 112 – but only 13 of them were being used to receive benefits.
• According to the Social Security Administration, all improper payments, including payments to the deceased and the very old, are estimated at about $3 billion per year.
• Total Social Security benefits in 2016 will exceed $900 billion, so eliminating $3 billion per year of improper payments would reduce costs by at most 0.4 percent, extending the program’s solvency by about 3 months.
• Cutting improper payments for only the very old or the deceased would reduce program costs by between 0.00002 and 0.002 percent, extending the program’s solvency by between six minutes and 12 hours.

Fact Sheet: How much waste, fraud, and abuse is there in Social Security? | Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget

-----------------------------------------

Social Security Fraud: What Is It Costing Taxpayers?

The SSA ranks third among government agencies when it comes to improper payments, including fraud. The total of estimated improper SSA payments in 2015 was $9.8 billion. Retirement, survivors and disability insurance made up about $5 billion of that amount, while supplemental security income accounted for the remaining $4.8 billion. That money should instead be adding to the Social Security trust funds that back up these payments.
In addition, the use of fake or stolen Social Security numbers to obtain fraudulent tax refunds from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) could cost taxpayers up to $21 billion in 2016, according to the agency itself. That’s up from 6.5 billion in 2014. (For more, see 10 Ways to Protect Your Social Security Number.)

Read more: Social Security Fraud: What Is It Costing Taxpayers? | Investopedia Social Security Fraud: What Is It Costing Taxpayers? | Investopedia

--------------------------

WELFARE FRAUD

Improper welfare payments, including fraud, are estimated to be 10.1% of all federal welfare payments made and totaled $71.5 billion in fiscal year 2015.* This estimate is based on reports from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB)*, The General Accounting Office (GAO)*[ii], and other federal agencies.** Seven of the Welfare Programs make the OMB list of the top thirteen federal programs estimated to be “high error programs” - programs with improper payments greater than $750 million annually.** These are highlighted below by individual program.***

Total welfare improper payments and fraud of $71.5 billion is an enormous sum greater than the entire budgets of TANF, Child Nutrition, Head Start, Job Training, WIC, Child Care, LIHEAP and the Lifeline programs, combined.* Explanations by OMB and GAO of the causes of improper payments are shown below by welfare program.* In general, the high level of improper payments comes from the complexity and uniqueness of income qualifications in multiple welfare programs, the reliance on users for income qualification information and the inability of multiple agencies to adequately verify user information and adhere to standards and rules. * *

Improper Payment Definition
Improper payments are described this way by the OMB: *

“ ‘Improper payments’ occur when:
funds go to the wrong recipient;
the right recipient receives the incorrect amount of funds (including over payments and underpayments);
documentation is not available to support a payment; or
the recipient uses funds in an improper manner.
Although not all improper payments are fraud, and not all improper payments represent a loss to the government, all improper payments degrade the integrity of government programs and compromise citizens’ trust in government.”

Welfare Fraud - Federal Safety Net

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Budget Deficit Jumps $30 Billion as Federal Spending Outpaces Revenue

WASHINGTON — The U.S. budget deficit rose to $88.4 billion in May from $53 billion a year earlier, as government spending in areas such as Medicaid and defense rose at a faster pace than revenue.
Receipts from individual and corporate taxes rose 7 percent last month from May 2016 to $240 billion, the Treasury Department said Monday. Meanwhile, spending leapt 19 percent to $329 billion.

That is widening the deficit at the same time the Trump administration has proposed steep tax cuts. The administration has also pushed for sharp reductions in spending, but Trump's proposed budget depends on annual growth of 3 percent to balance over time. The economy expanded 1.6 percent last year and hasn't grown 3 percent since 2005.
Meanwhile, the deficit has increased to $433 billion in the first eight months of this budget year from $405 billion last year.
Medicaid costs have risen 3 percent, partly because the Obama administration's Affordable Care Act has brought more people in the program. Defense spending jumped 17 percent in May but has been flat this year.

The government has also spent $35 billion more this year on interest on its debt, a gain of 14 percent, Treasury said. That is mostly because inflation has picked up a bit since last summer, which pushes up interest payments on the government's inflation-adjusted bonds, known as TIPS.
Also Monday, a Washington think tank projected that despite the slowdown in revenues, the government will have enough cash to pay its bills until October or November. The Bipartisan Policy Center estimate is more optimistic than Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, who has been warning Congress that it must act before it leaves on its August recess.
The think tank says that revenue results from this month's quarterly tax payments are likely to clarify the deadline, but for now Mnuchin has sufficient maneuvering room — by using accounting steps known as "extraordinary measures" — to keep the government solvent into the fall. The policy center says a big Oct. 2 payment into the military retirement trust fund could trigger default.
The Congressional Budget Office has projected that the deficit for the full budget year, which ends on Sept. 30, will decline 4.6 percent to $559 billion. That would compare to a 2016 deficit of $585.6 billion.
The CBO's deficit estimate is based on current law remaining unchanged. President Donald Trump has called for a program of tax cuts for individuals and businesses, and increased government spending in such areas as the military and repairing the nation's aging infrastructure.
Under Trump's proposal, released last month, the deficit would increase this year to $602.5 billion.

Budget Deficit Jumps $30 Billion as Federal Spending Outpaces Revenue - NBC News

Mixerr

Mixerr Reviews
Nov 17, 2012
Austin, Texas, US
www.facebook.com
TLDR: kids today dont want to work at all and want everything handed to them. if its not on social media or the next 10 min fad it doesnt matter to them. try walking into a store and see how many kids "working" are just standing around complaining about "life" and how hard they have had it with cell phone in hand.

i put the most blame on parents, they do not raise them anymore and that is sad as fuck.

i pick my kids up from school and when we get home, we all sit down and each one does their homework/ school projects. then i cook dinner and they get ready for bed at 8pm. how many people actually do that these days?

my kids are A students and when they start slipping i get on them. how many parents actually teach their kids right from wrong or give 2 shits about what they do? todays society is lost as fuck and all our family values got thrown the fuck out the window a long time ago to be lazy pieces of shit who want other people to support them.

That sounds a lot like me.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
States with the most people on food stamps

States with the most people on food stamps:

7. Louisiana

• Number of food stamp recipients: 868,192

• Percentage of the state's population on food stamps: 18.67%

• Total cost of just these benefits alone (That is, how much do just the money on those EBT cards cost the state): Around $107.4 million

• Cost of benefits alone per capita in this state: $23.10

6. Tennessee

• Number of food stamp recipients: Just over 1.28 million

• Percentage of the state's population on food stamps: 19.58%

• Total cost of just these benefits alone (That is, how much do just the money on those EBT cards cost the state?): Around $158.7 million

• Cost of benefits alone per capita in this state: $24.23

5. Oregon

• Number of food stamp recipients: 791,222

• Percentage of the state's population on food stamps: 19.93%

• Total cost of just these benefits alone (That is, how much do just the money on those EBT cards cost the state?): Around $98 million

• Cost of benefits alone per capita in this state: $24.66 per person

4. West Virginia

• Number of food stamp recipients: 369,249

• Percentage of the state's population on food stamps: 19.96%

• Total cost of just these benefits alone (That is, how much do just the money on those EBT cards cost the state?): Around $45.7 million

• Cost of benefits alone per capita in this state: $24.69 per person

3. New Mexico

• Number of food stamp recipients: 448,328

• Percentage of the state's population on food stamps: 21.5%

• Total cost of just these benefits alone (That is, how much do just the money on those EBT cards cost the state?): Around $55.5 million

• Cost of benefits alone per capita in this state: $26.60 per person

2. Mississippi

• Number of food stamp recipients: 650,911

• Percentage of the state's population on food stamps: 21.74%

• Total cost of just these benefits alone (That is, how much do just the money on those EBT cards cost the state?): Around $80.5 million

• Estimated cost of benefits alone per capita in this state: $26.90 per person

1. District of Columbia

• Number of food stamp recipients: 144,768

• Percentage of the state's population on food stamps: 21.97%

• Total cost of just these benefits alone (That is, how much do just the money on those EBT cards cost the state?): Around $18 million

• Estimated cost of benefits alone per capita in this state: $27.19 per person