Trapped in a Psycho's Body

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 19, 2002
www.myspace.com
On Vintage Tech Tech explains that the hook was flipped on AP because Donna Summer wouldn't clear the original version. My question is, what changed since AP that allowed them to release the original on Vintage Tech?

Mar 2, 2005
what I dont get is the chorus has nothin to do what Donna Summers said or am I gettin this wrong bec I looked it up and couldnt find it, what relates to Donna Summers?

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
Tekka_Nina said:
what I dont get is the chorus has nothin to do what Donna Summers said or am I gettin this wrong bec I looked it up and couldnt find it, what relates to Donna Summers?

Donna summer has a song that goes.......

"Ohhhhhhh, love to love ya baby" sounds just like "Ahhhhh, I'm a psycho baby"

but i do not know why they were able to release it this time.....nor do i know why they were able to release Freaky w/the prince sample.

Aug 20, 2002
damn,...it´s a great track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it´s a RONNZ-beat,.......................

RONNZ-beats are always bangin´........................

where´s RONNZ on EVERREADY????

Jan 28, 2005

What I dont understand about that whole thing....

is Tech says "because of some of the content we had to play the actual chorus backwards...." (cuz of donna summers being a minister or whatever)

well, I understand the "I love to love you baby/ Im a psycho baby" thing, why she wouldnt want it like that...

but theres other lyrics in that song that are a lot more questionable than the chorus, what about those lyrics?

P.S. I honestly have no idea what the significance of sending Donna Summers this track was. Appearantly because of the death of Kriz's girl they wanted to send it to her, but for why?

sorry, im not big on religious stuff.

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
KillaClown said:
What I dont understand about that whole thing....

is Tech says "because of some of the content we had to play the actual chorus backwards...." (cuz of donna summers being a minister or whatever)

well, I understand the "I love to love you baby/ Im a psycho baby" thing, why she wouldnt want it like that...

but theres other lyrics in that song that are a lot more questionable than the chorus, what about those lyrics?

P.S. I honestly have no idea what the significance of sending Donna Summers this track was. Appearantly because of the death of Kriz's girl they wanted to send it to her, but for why?

sorry, im not big on religious stuff.
It was the content of the song that she did not like.......not the chorus.....douchebag

The significance is......it's an exact useage of Donna Summer's song but with different words. I'm not sure what the specific term that is used for doing that, but I'm pretty sure there was a reason as to why they needed to get her permission.......which is why they send her the song before putting it on the record.....dipshit

Jul 20, 2004
techn9nehq said:
It was the content of the song that she did not like.......not the chorus.....douchebag

The significance is......it's an exact useage of Donna Summer's song but with different words. I'm not sure what the specific term that is used for doing that, but I'm pretty sure there was a reason as to why they needed to get her permission.......which is why they send her the song before putting it on the record.....dipshit
I believe that process is called an interpolation (it was best demonstrated on "All Falls Down" by Kanye West since Kanye couldn't secure the Lauryn Hill sample in time).

Jan 28, 2005
techn9nehq said:

It seems that I must have mis-percieved the whole reason Tech sent her that song. Sor-fucking-ry that I didnt realize the only reason it was sent to make sure she was cool with the chorus.....douchebag
I thought that maybe since she was a minister- tech and everyone else wanted to send her the song and ask her to do some type of rememberance thing for Kriz'z girl or something, i dunno. Tech doesnt directly state the reason they sent the song to Donna Summers in the first place. I understand the whole chorus thing and why it would get ran backward. You could have just stated "tech just wanted to make sure donna was cool with the chorus' melody being adjacent to her song before he put it on the album" and not be a such a.......dipshit

hmmm, wonder if there will be any reprocussions for what I typed in this post?

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
KillaClown said:
It seems that I must have mis-percieved the whole reason Tech sent her that song. Sor-fucking-ry that I didnt realize the only reason it was sent to make sure she was cool with the chorus.....douchebag
I thought that maybe since she was a minister- tech and everyone else wanted to send her the song and ask her to do some type of rememberance thing for Kriz'z girl or something, i dunno. Tech doesnt directly state the reason they sent the song to Donna Summers in the first place. I understand the whole chorus thing and why it would get ran backward. You could have just stated "tech just wanted to make sure donna was cool with the chorus' melody being adjacent to her song before he put it on the album" and not be a such a.......dipshit

hmmm, wonder if there will be any reprocussions for what I typed in this post?

Why do you get all pussy hurt each time i call you out on something? I explained the situation and it still seems as if you stupid ass don't understand.

They sent her the song to get clearance for using the basis of her song. How hard is that to understand.

Now stop being such a faggot.

Aug 19, 2002
www.myspace.com
KillaClown said:
Tech doesnt directly state the reason they sent the song to Donna Summers in the first place.
Actually, he does.

I understand the whole chorus thing and why it would get ran backward.
Apparently, you don't.

Please, by all means, continue to respond to this thread. While I am disappointed that Nick didn't have the answer to my question, as a consolation I find your complete inability to comprehend the simplest things in the world that surrounds you amusing.

Jan 28, 2005
maybe I forgot something cuz I havent popped the disc in lately, so its been a few days... but could you post the exact words where it says the reason why they sent the song to donna summers?

and to Nick- I understood the concept good and well (about the chorus relating to donna summers' original 'I love to love you baby') before you even answered me the 1ST time. Every other post I made after that was just because you couldn't just blatantly state the information I wanted to know (what's the significance of sending her the song?).

Now, I probably just got it twisted up because Tech mentions Kriz Calico's girl dieing in the car wreck and Donna Summers being a minister- and its common knowledge that a minister often perfoms a eulogy for the dead. I misinterperated the information before the track- so jump all over me for it when I try to get it straight from people who already knew for sure.

oh wait, none of that probably makes any sense to your advanced minds considering im a 'faggot', 'douchebag', and 'functionally retarded'(wich is why im typing, right?)

I guess since I've been dubbed a bundle of sticks with pussy cleaner all over them that can not function properly, Ill keep any questions about Tech N9ne to myself until he comes through Michigan. Shit, maybe Ill just mail Travis or somethin- I'd probably go through a lot less bullshit to get the answer I ask for.

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
KillaClown said:
maybe I forgot something cuz I havent popped the disc in lately, so its been a few days... but could you post the exact words where it says the reason why they sent the song to donna summers?

and to Nick- I understood the concept good and well (about the chorus relating to donna summers' original 'I love to love you baby') before you even answered me the 1ST time. Every other post I made after that was just because you couldn't just blatantly state the information I wanted to know (what's the significance of sending her the song?).

Now, I probably just got it twisted up because Tech mentions Kriz Calico's girl dieing in the car wreck and Donna Summers being a minister- and its common knowledge that a minister often perfoms a eulogy for the dead. I misinterperated the information before the track- so jump all over me for it when I try to get it straight from people who already knew for sure.

oh wait, none of that probably makes any sense to your advanced minds considering im a 'faggot', 'douchebag', and 'functionally retarded'(wich is why im typing, right?)

I guess since I've been dubbed a bundle of sticks with pussy cleaner all over them that can not function properly, Ill keep any questions about Tech N9ne to myself until he comes through Michigan. Shit, maybe Ill just mail Travis or somethin- I'd probably go through a lot less bullshit to get the answer I ask for.
How goddamn difficult is it for you to understand the reason they sent to Donna Summer was to get her clearance for the use of her song? Not for her to bless anything, or give kind words for the fuck of it. Your question has been answered over and over again and you still act like your question hasn't been addressed.

Go ahead and email Travis your questions....good luck with that.

Til then you have to live with the answers you get from me and others.

And if you dont like being called a pussy or a faggot or functionally retarded then maybe you should go back to m80 or wherever the fuck you came from. I'm not here to make you feel good and be your friend. I'm here to answer questions and delete the occasional post from fucktards like you.