Toys R Us 10-12,13 (b2G1F)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Buy 2 Games, Get 1 Free
Sunday and Monday only, save 30% on any Wii accessory. Excludes Wii Remotes and Nunchuks, but Points cards are game. This is for these two days only.
Just spotted this on a forum.

Imma have to stock up on point cards

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
In an effort to help the gaming masses, this FAQ will try to answer all questions you may have about this year's Toys R Us sale. It will also help you out in getting more bang out of your buck, how returns and exchanges will be handled, and any other interesting tidbits you may need answered. Any questions, comments, concerns, issues, gripes can be made here.

The Sale
Buy any two video games from anything in stock, and get a third game for free. The free game will either be the cheapest one, or the third game of three games with the same price point.

Is the sale online?
Yes, but until the deal goes online I do not know if there will be restrictions based on system or price point.

Is the deal available in Canada?
Sorry Canuckers

So if I buy three $60 games, I get a $60 game for free?
Yes, you can pick up any three games, at any price point. If three games are the same price the third one rang up at the register will be the free one.

Can I only get three games?
No, you can get as many games as you want, in multiples of three, and you will get a third free for every two you buy.

Can I mix and match my three games?
Yes, you can choose between all available systems for your three games. Example, you can buy two PS3 titles and one Wii title and get the least expensive one free.

What about bundled games (ex. DMC Triple Pack) of games that come with an accessory (ex. Guitar Hero)?
These games are also a part of the sale. As long as the product comes with video game software, no matter the price, it will count for the sale. The only exclusion will be the Wii Zapper.

But a game that comes out the 14th is what I really want, what about that?
Any game that comes out during the week of the sale will be part of the sale. For games that come out after the sale, see the Placeholder section of the FAQ.

Can I preorder a game as one of my games?
No. Unlike a Gamestop, you cannot fully put money down on future titles, only a small, $5 deposit. Games that come out after the 20th of October are not part of the sale.

^^^^^^^^^^^

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
How to properly buy Placeholder games
I cannot guarantee this will work at all Toys R Us stores, some management might be against the idea, use at your own risk.

If a game you really want is coming out after the sale ends, but you don't want to risk missing out on something on the shelves right now, the step by step here is what you do. Remember, the return policy is set at 45 days from purchase.

1. Pick the two games that you want.

2. Pick up a game that has the same price point as the game coming out, and the same price point as the two games you picked up. Example, if the game you want is $60, buy three $60 games during the week.

3. Make sure that every third game rung up, the free one, is NOT the placeholder game, but one you want to keep. DO NOT LOSE THE RECEIPT!

4. When the game you want comes in, bring the receipt and the placeholder game to the customer service desk, and tell them that you want to exchange the game for something else. Make sure you make specific that you want to keep the one or two games, and that you want one or two different games instead. MAKE SURE THE GAME YOU WANT TO RETURN IS NOT OPENED.

5. If everything is in order, the exchange will be finished and enjoy your new game!

The 45 days will take you into the first week of December, so plan accordingly.

^^^^^^^^^^