Town Records Clarifies Jacka Project Release

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
December 8, 2009 --
Town Records released a statement this week clarifying the details of their upcoming release "The Jacka - Broad Daylight."

Apparently recent news of the Berkeley-based label's plans to drop a project of original material featuring the Jacka caused some confusion on local blogs as to whether or not this project was the Jacka's next "Official" solo album. In the statement, a representative from Town Records said "the Broad Daylight album is NOT the The Jacka's next solo album."

The statement went on to make clear that even though Town Records had never stated that "Broad Daylight" was Jacka's Official next solo project, it felt the need to release this statement to give everybody a clear picture of what this project is. "We sincerely apologize for any confusion these internet bloggers may have caused."

In another step aimed at clarifying their "Broad Daylight" release, Town Records also has now given the project the subtitle "The Hood Album" meant to further define the nature of the project for the fans.

Who would have thought that the Jacka's buzz was so intense that something as simple as a typo and/or a misphrasing could cause such a ripple through blogsites?

Nov 23, 2009
The Jacka is on fire right now... but what dumbass actually thought this was his next solo. This thing's got street album writen all over it. I'm still gonna cop!

Feb 15, 2006
Who really cares if its an official solo album. Jack of All Trades and The Street Album weren't "official solo albums" but they were both dope albums.

Aug 31, 2004
As a music fan wouldn't your number one concern be the quality of music for a new release? who gives a shit if its "legit" or not... be a fan and support your favorite artist... as far as i know this is a new release and has official guest spots and a legit cover... so go out and cop it... real recognize real...

Feb 15, 2006
I'm hella surprised there isn't more buzz around this. I'm also surprised it hasn't leaked yet, seeing as its the 15th right now. Either way I'm hitting Rasputin tomorrow and really hoping its there.

Aug 7, 2003
its not going to be out til later in the week if not more likely next week. my store said they dropped of flyers and posters but said it was coming out the week before xmas.

Apr 5, 2008
As long as it dont got drops all over it, it's a album to me. Street Album had Big Von all over that shit. I still aint bought that album. What a shame, got a bunch a slapperz on there. It's just as good as Tear Gas, except for the sound quality/mixing/ and of course annoying ass drops/weak ass rewinds.

I'm cool with Demolition Men - The Dopest cuz Demolition Men actually got handles. The Street Album was done on a computer lol. Also most the songs on The Dopest weren't new, so you can still get those songs without the scratching, etc. but you cant get the Street Album songs without the drops and "rewinds" if you wanna call em that lol

Feb 4, 2006
I fucked around and put The Jack Artist in rotation after a good break from it. Got reminded of why Tear Gas wasn't praised too much. Jack if u see this, stop stepping to the mic after an all night smoke session.