tower records filing bankrupt.........

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 31, 2003
do to fuckin downloading, mutha fuckas need to stop downloading or the muzic idustry is going to shit. what do ya'll think about this downloading shit, leave some feedback.

May 31, 2003
lol, what's this oregan bitch talkin?

DJ Kaliph said:
i actually think they went out of business bcuz of shit labels like yours taking all there sales, i mean soundclick? get a real site loser
lol, im sorry, there is more tower records stores in san francisco than u have in the whole state of oregon bitch, oh but actually, there is probally more people in san fran than your whole state slut, so shut your man-pleaser before i make luv to it, oregan faggit.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
i don't think it's downloading, i think it's the lack of good music. There used to be a time when I'd buy a cd off top when it was an artist i was waiting to hear a cd from. there are probably only 8 artists total, in all genre's of music that i would buy the cd without listening to it now, and that's pretty damn sad.

Jan 27, 2004
LOL OREGON..... OREGON WHAT A PLACE TO LIVE... THE MEAN STREAMS OF OREGON... I WENT WHITE WATTER RAFTING IN OREGON & IT WAS A JOKE EVERYONE WAS BUMPIN CALIFORNIA LOVE..... FUCKIN WANA BE'S.... THE MEAN STREAMS OF OREGON...... DON'T DROWN IN SHALLOW WATERS DJ.

Apr 25, 2002
Its not just one thing.

Its a combination of many factors such as downloading, discount chains like Best Buy and Circuit City, online retailers and flooding of the market.

Apr 25, 2002
LMD1510 said:
discount chains like Best Buy and Circuit City
Yup. Places like Best Buy and Circuit City use cheap CD's to get customers into the stores. They can sell albums below wholesale when they're new releases, they take a loss but they don't care cuz the other shit people come in and buy do more than make up for it. Record stores can't do that cuz what other product do they have to push to make up for the loss? Record stores can't compete when they're selling CD's at a price that'll make em a profit and Best Buy is selling em below wholesale.

May 14, 2003
CHRISHOGG14 said:
i don't think it's downloading, i think it's the lack of good music. There used to be a time when I'd buy a cd off top when it was an artist i was waiting to hear a cd from. there are probably only 8 artists total, in all genre's of music that i would buy the cd without listening to it now, and that's pretty damn sad.
THATS REAL RIGHT THERE!

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
DJ Kaliph said:
i actually think they went out of business bcuz of shit labels like yours taking all there sales, i mean soundclick? get a real site loser
lol. theres only about 80 rap artists who got their cds on sale at Soundclick einstein.

its definately the internet thats done it, online stores etc, liquadation sites like (i think i'll keep them to myself!). I think it's good though. You can rely on an internet site more than a store, depending on the quality of the site.

I aint never had a time where there aint music for me to buy cos i aint feelin nothin.. thats insane. If thats happened to you I advise you to start lookin at some online reviews of other artists. Though I must admit pop is diluting rap so heavily that most of its older characteristics are dead... and most of the newer and rootsier shit aint even gonna be heard without a bit of effort to look for it.

I used to download before i shopped on the net.. cause the majority of the music i was lookin for was unavailible here or 22.99 on import.

Dec 20, 2003
lmd1510 put it perfect thats whats up why get shit for twice the price when mom and pops got it cheaper and a better selection they went out of buisness because of the little man and I love it lol!!!!!!!!

Apr 25, 2002
www.dugoutent.com
sign of the times...yall artist betta quit askin for so much on your cd's or ya out too....I see indie cd's on the shelf for $16.99 right next to David Banner cd's for $10.99....a big part of that is cats is way too stubborn to take less and move more, so they sit...and sit.

pay attention to the new coin phrase/sticker Universal has....."NEW LOW PRICE"....on every new release...