Top 5 lists – Top 5 Hip Hop Movies

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2006
Again, I disagree that Menace has nothing to do with hip hop but influence. I think I've shown that pretty clearly by this point.

Scarface's influence on hip hop isn't in dispute (which I why I didn't delete your post because it is a relevant pick). Personally I wouldn't include it and especially wouldn't put it at number 1, but that's your pick so it is up to you.

and no hip hop culture in it which is why I wouldn't include it in a list like this.

Spice 1
i'm not saying Scarface is the number 1 most influential hiphop movie, i just put that list in order of what i like best.

to me saying menace to society is a hiphop movie is like saying Iron Man 2 is a rock movie cause it has ac/dc in the soundtrack and white people everywhere lol. to me a hiphop movie is something that's either about hiphop or the main characters are rappers. i dont even consider Boyz N The Hood a hiphop movie either. so maybe we just have a different opinion on the matter. i know Belly has nothing to do with HipHop but the actors/ director do so i consider it a hiphop movie.

wasnt saying you were wrong i was just expecting something different when i opened the thread.

Nov 7, 2006
and scarface created a hiphop culture IMO. i mean how many music vids you've scene that copied the scarface theme? even songs and everything. i know hiphop culture wasnt intended for scarface but it it is now. i bet every gangster rapper owns a copy of both these movies.