Top 3 Lables in the NW

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
tony206 said:
ive never even heard of sons of hagar.

i dont think Gettin Greedy should be on any1s list UNLESS ur list is based on ur favorite artists OR potential. they have only released 1 cd thus far.

who cares....you ain't nobody to be telling ANYONE who they should list....btw, GettinGreedy members are on EVERY SLR release before the "split" so the only reason SLR is known is cause of them....

so like Tadou said....and I said...

GETTIN GREEDY BOOOOOOOY....

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
I just dont think it is a top label since it only has 1 release, only time will tell if its a top label.

unless you consider it a top label because of the artists on it.

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
potentially i see GG and UTR as factors in this game.

IMO they arent top labels yet

i guess i should take that GG statement back because every1s definiton of "top label" is different.

B

Bosko

1. JusFamilyRecords.com
2. Stuck Under The Needle Records
3. Bow Wow Records

Honorable Mention
Eastside Records
Street Level Records
Pointside Records
Noc On Wood Records
Pak Proz
2 Real Records

This is just my opinion of the people that I actually see doing somethings.

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
Sixxness said:
so the only reason SLR is known is cause of them....
Ain't that a bitch. Naw.....the only reason THEY'RE known is because of ME and SLR. Don't even get me started on this ignorant ass comment. That's the typical artist mentality right there.

How the fuck did a bunch of nobodies get known? By fuckin' with somebody that was ALREADY known around SEATTLE & TACOMA......had already been makin' music for many YEARS before FTS even started.......had been doing shows for YEARS......and I could go on for years.

Muthafuckas act like I just started doin' this shit when I hooked up with FTS.....I been doin' this shit for many moons. You were still wearin' Huggies when I started DJing and makin' beats!

Anywayz.... I feel the top 3 labels in the NW are.....

1. SLR
2. Jus Family
3. (tie) Eastside Music & Bow Wow

There are alot of cats out here doin' their thing......but to me what makes a label successful is SUCCESS. LMAO @ anybody mentioning a record label that doesn't even have product in stores.

D-Sane's criteria involves:

Label Integrity - How long have they been in business? Have they managed to maintain a foot hold in the scene? Do they even actually have a damn business license???

Productivity - How many labels around here have put out more than 1 or 2 CD's? Not too many. Consistent productivity is definitely a factor in this.

Quality - Does the music suck? What's the recording/mixing/mastering quality like? How's the grafix? The overall package?

Identity & Presence - Do people even know of them outside of their neighborhood (whether they like them or not)? Do they actively promote? Rock shows regularly? How many labels have music on the radio? Do they have a loyal following? An online presence? Music videos?

But in the end boys and girls.....all of this adds up to 1 thing and 1 thing only......album sales. If you ain't sellin' records.....then you ain't doin' shit.....bottom line. Also.....might I add that I know the managers of these stores around here VERY WELL and I KNOW who is actually sellin' units and who ain't. Some cats be frontin'!

PS - We have or had product in Boise, Yakima, Walla Walla and Portland. Not to mention that my online store keeps me goin' to the post office a couple times a week.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Mr. D-Sane said:
Ain't that a bitch. Naw.....the only reason THEY'RE known is because of ME and SLR. Don't even get me started on this ignorant ass comment. That's the typical artist mentality right there.

How the fuck did a bunch of nobodies get known? By fuckin' with somebody that was ALREADY known around SEATTLE & TACOMA......had already been makin' music for many YEARS before FTS even started.......had been doing shows for YEARS......and I could go on for years.

Muthafuckas act like I just started doin' this shit when I hooked up with FTS.....I been doin' this shit for many moons. You were still wearin' Huggies when I started DJing and makin' beats!

Yeah, I know you did music way before you met most of them. But if they hadn't been on the label and done their thing, WHO would have? That's my point, they helped get SLR's name out and that's why A LOT of people know about SLR....I guess it sounded worse when I said it the first time, didn't mean for it to sound like that, but oh well....take it how you wish...