TONITE IS THE NITE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 24, 2010
the 4th annual official west coast hip hop awards over 100 major and indy rappers will be in the house to celebrate west coast rap ! dont miss this ! this event is almost sold out get your tickets now~
West Coast Hip Hop Awards GOES DOWN TONITE IN PORTLAND OREGON AT THE ROSELAND theater

Jul 8, 2003
Alright I'm not trying to piss anyone off or anything, but this shit was absolutely horrible...... No Spice 1, no Kokane, no Havoc, no Crooked I, no Lil Eazy, no Messy Marv, no DJ battle, no Nate Dogg tribute, etc. Was basically a show for local artists for the most part. No hate towards those artists, but when others are advertised for a show that's $40 per ticket it gets me heated that we didn't get what we all paid for. Biggest name there was Luni Coleone & he did his thing, but that's about it.....bottom line, I guess you could say I was a pretty dissatisfied customer. Anyone have any info on what happened?

Jul 8, 2003
Was Black C there? What bay cats performed?
There was a lot of acts there, so honestly I don't even remember if Black C was there. Jay Diggs came out and did a couple songs. I'm hoping there' some sort of explanation though as to why all these names that they advertised weren't there. When we were leaving there was madd people outside bitching & bickering about the same thing. Really seemed like a lot of people felt cheated.

Nov 30, 2002
how big was the venue? have you been there before? imagine the tab too get all them out there.. if it doesnt hold at least a thousand.. know in advance youre going to be bopped off top

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
soooo............................................. what happened? i didnt go.. i just saw a bunch of hype and it sounds like 3/4's of your lineup didnt show...

Ok im drunk and feelin real tough so ima elaborate on what i felt happened-

1st off shit happens keak couldnt make it cause of probation issue as well as numerous other big named artists i could go on but dont wanna expose game for no reason

2nd
what were they supposed to do post shit that says lynch "might" show naw there gonna promote that theyll be there to sell tickets in hopes that they actually will come cause its nothing to comint to come to an awards show its alot of work to make it happen especially when you live out of state.

3rd off alot of people upset about this and that but tavious is the only one putting on an awards show i mean would yall rather there be no awards show at all whatsoever?

4th 197 proof i see you upset about spending $30 for the ticket and feeling cheated, however if im not mistaken your one of the many portlanders yet to hit the room and visit me at the room in over 4 years makes me wonder where your priorities are at honestly J diggs and marvales are cool and all but i got butt nekkid women where im at and its free to get it ya know

Jul 8, 2003
Ok im drunk and feelin real tough so ima elaborate on what i felt happened-

1st off shit happens keak couldnt make it cause of probation issue as well as numerous other big named artists i could go on but dont wanna expose game for no reason

2nd
what were they supposed to do post shit that says lynch "might" show naw there gonna promote that theyll be there to sell tickets in hopes that they actually will come cause its nothing to comint to come to an awards show its alot of work to make it happen especially when you live out of state.

3rd off alot of people upset about this and that but tavious is the only one putting on an awards show i mean would yall rather there be no awards show at all whatsoever?

4th 197 proof i see you upset about spending $30 for the ticket and feeling cheated, however if im not mistaken your one of the many portlanders yet to hit the room and visit me at the room in over 4 years makes me wonder where your priorities are at honestly J diggs and marvales are cool and all but i got butt nekkid women where im at and its free to get it ya know
@LISICKI: First off, in my previous post I forgot to mention congrats to you for the award you won that night.....as you mentioned I've never gotten the chance to go to the Room but from what I've heard the award was well deserved.

Thanks for throwing some information our way. I've been to A LOT of hip hop shows in the last 18+ years or so, & I know sometimes issues might come up with performers. BUT when there's SEVERAL big names billed for the show (that I can think of: Brotha Lynch, Too Short, Keak, Havoc, Kokane, Spice 1, Messy Marv, Crooked I, Killa Tay, etc), and none of those guys show up & no explanation is given at all to see those names can't help but feel a little cheated, ya know? I'm not trying to come on here & tear down OT at all cuz I know he's making the moves to try and get these shows put together for all of us, and if it would've happened as advertised I would've been very happy. But it sounds like there's a couple others in this thread alone that went & felt the same way, as well as the many many that were inside the Roseland as well as on the way out, so I don't think I'm alone on this.

I just hope if these award shows ever go down again the artists that are billed come through (or at least a couple of them anyways).