To all you Jamarcus Russell haters and doubters

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2006
I have my concerns as well, dont get it twisted. BUT, in the NFL, the guys that can make it happen in crunchtime are the champions. There are plenty of average qbs that will keep you competitive, but only a handful have that gift to show up when it counts.

Obviously Russell needs to improve his completion percentage and overall play. His big contract and potential upside is the reason we are and need to ride him out. Al Davis doesnt provide the kind of environment young players can thrive in instantly, that much is obvious considering his recent track record. But, if JR is a proffessional, his poor performance thus far should wake him up. I'm dissapointed but not willing to count him out yet. I will update his stats, and if he is a bust, he is a bust.

Here are some FACTS for you guys:

The last two QBs to win the superbowl statistically were ranked twenty-fourth and twenty-fifth. Eli Manning was ranked twenty-fifth statiscally in 2007-2008 to lead the Giants to the Superbowl.

Ben Roethlisberger was ranked twenty-fourth last year while leading the steelers to the superbowl.

First twenty games for Russell and Manning.

Player (W-L) PA-PC-PCT-YDS-TD-HIT-Rating
Russell (6-14) 507-264-52.0-3,153-15-13-70.5
Manning (10-10) 648-334-51.5-4,105-27-24-69.9

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
wowwwwwwwwwwwww even 9er fans never went this far to show Alex Smith is not a bust. Cmon now. You can't seriously compare JaMarcus Russell to either Manning brother or Ben Roethlisberger.
Big Ben makes plays flat out and has better accuracy.

Dec 2, 2006
Considering that ironlungs is a "northern killa cali" laker fan, his mental disorder is easily diagnosed, therefore, delegating his prospective insight to the irrelevant forum is appropiate and just.

Dec 2, 2006
wowwwwwwwwwwwww even 9er fans never went this far to show Alex Smith is not a bust. Cmon now. You can't seriously compare JaMarcus Russell to either Manning brother or Ben Roethlisberger.
Big Ben makes plays flat out and has better accuracy.
considering you have comprehension issues, i am not saying JR is NOT going to be a bust.

i am just saying niner fans and haters alike ride his dick more than the waves in hawaii.

haters enjoy others failure.

Dec 9, 2005
Sure, an average QB can manage the game enough that a team can be successful. Case in point: Trent Dilfer.

But Jamarcus is well below average, and it isn't just statistics. Comparing him to Big Ben and Eli is just ridiculous. They might not have been ranked high statistically, but they were able to win games, and you just can't say the same about Russell.

Jun 23, 2002
Please don't ever put Raiders and Superbowl together in once sentence

Also, when will Russell ever be put in a 'crunch time' situation??

Dec 2, 2006
the comparison is accurate. 20 games in, is 20 games in.

i am not saying the raiders are superbowl bound either.

i remain optimistic and understand what you guys are seeing. i have watched every one of JR's snaps in the NFL and know he is capable of clearly being a bust. he needs to step up.

Dilfer has a superbowl ring. That is the what you sacrafice for. regardless, you cant take that from him. that is the pinnacle of one's career.

Dec 2, 2006
Originally Posted by MOREBASSBut Jamarcus is well below average, and it isn't just statistics. Comparing him to Big Ben and Eli is just ridiculous. They might not have been ranked high statistically, but they were able to win games, and you just can't say the same about Russell.
last time i checked, Russell hasnt lacked when given the opportunity late in the game either. but i am not blind to the end result, W's-L's.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Please don't ever put Raiders and Superbowl together in once sentence
The Raiders have won 3 Superbowls

that sentence make sense bro... rephrase your statement

now in regards to Russell... sorry right now I gotta roll with all the non-Raiders fans here

sure anything can happen... and he COULD get better, but realistically it's not gonna happen

I hope it does... but I doubt it