To all the Hardcore Wrestling Fans...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 23, 2002
I bought this video tape from this guy in the mail and it's supposed to be about all these wrestlers who fucked up and ended up breaking something, an arm, leg or whatever, but anyways...it has what the guy calls "the infamous Mass Transit incidet" from ECW...it was D-Von Duddley, a guy named Mass Transit vs. the Gangstas (New Jack and some other cat)...anyone know the story behind this...if you haven't seen it, New Jack grabs a knife or some sharp object and cuts and the stabs the guy in the head...it's fucking crazy cause they keep wrestling and they keep attacking his head...the cut was so bad that it was squirting out blood and the paramedic could'nt stop the bleeding...

just wondering what was the reason behind it...cause i remember New Jack getting arrested for some shit a long time ago and i was wondering if that was the reason...

holla...

Apr 25, 2002
the guy who got cut up was a 18 year old kid who they picked from the crowd before hand ..the reason they chose him was because he claimed to be a wrestler but really wasnt...any ways he knew he was going to get hurt but didnt know he was going to get cut and after the match theguys dad called the police on e.c.w. and the came to artist new jack ...but after a couple of court dates the shit got dropped because the kid lied about being a wrestler and plus he lied about his age i think he was only 17 ....do u got any other wrestling tapes ..i would be interested in trading ..hit me up on line at [email protected] or on aol im petedog51 is my screen name

May 12, 2002
Erik Kulas was the kids name. He was some green backyard kid who thought he could go out there and take a couple chair shots. New Jack might have went a little overboard, but nothing criminal. Also Kulas recently passed away I think it had something to do with drugs. He was around 21-23.

May 23, 2002
Right on folks...i was wondering what the deal was...

hey pete dogge...i bought it from this cat at this website...it's the only wrestle tape i bought cause i wanted to see if he was legit or not... here's his website...

wrestletapes.net

B

Blackjack 1577

Yea I remember that shit, it happened in 99' and I think New Jack got fired from ECW because of it.

N

Nostril King

from what i heard the kid understood he was going to take a few shots and job...he was supposed to blade HIMSELF and CUT HIMSELF too deep and sued ecw for it

May 13, 2002
i found a lil something on this...

22 year old former wrestler Erich Kulas, known by ECW fans for the role he played in one of the most grotesque blade jobs ever seen...one that nearly prevented ECW's movement toward PPV in 1996; died this past Tuesday at home.

The funeral was held earlier today at Holy Cross Church in Providence, RI, near the family home in Cranston, RI.

Kulas was involved in one of the most controversial incidents in ECW history in 1996. At a show in Revere, MA the then 17 year old Kulas, working as "Mass Transit", serving as a last minute replacement for a no-show Axl Rotten in a tag match with D-Von Dudley vs. the Gangstas.

New Jack physically destroyed Kulas hitting him with gimmicks including a toastersall. New Jack then cut him open with an Exacto knife. The blood was literally spurting out of Kulas's head. Medical personnel nearly panicked, as the scene fast resembled a slaughterhouse. The wound took nearly 50 stitches to close.

Criminal assault charges and a civil lawsuit were brought against New Jack (and in the civil case against ECW and others associated with the company). In both cases, New Jack and the promotion were somehow found not guilty.

ECW briefly sold a tape of the event, before realizing the PR disaster they were about to create for themselves. The promotion never allowed footage of the incident to be used again, but the tape made its way around the country via bootleg copies of the footage. The footage nearly prevented ECW from making its way to PPV, delaying the PPV debut of the promotion until April 1997.