Time for some changes around here.......

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
Over the next month or so.....things are going to be changing around here. Ya'll thought I was playin' when I said it's new days for SLR? Nope.......just had some Spring cleaning to do.

From here on out I would appreciate it if everybody would refrain from engaing in arguments and shit talking. That goes for past and present SLR artists as well! I'm trying to keep things positive and I'm TIRED of the image that has been cast on SLR because of the people that were affiliated with it. This is not a "gangsta rap" label........this is a Hip-Hop label.

I LOVE hip-hop.......and I don't do this for the money (unlike some other idiots). Of course I want to MAKE money as a label.......but most of the time all I care about is making my money back (otherwise known as "recoupment")......and I haven't made a dime off the last 3 albums I put out. Do I care? Yeah......because I need that dough to keep the ball rollin' around here (not that anybody cares....especially the artists).......but will I stop because of it? Fuck no! So......as soon as I get things right again......the Sarkastik album will drop. With many to follow it. SLR is in the process of securing funding for all future projects.......and from here on out......all projects will be handled by the book......IN WRITING.

To ANYBODY that has a problem with me........I AM NOT hard to find or get ahold of. I have 2 phone numbers, 3 pager numbers, 2 e-mail addresses and a 2way address. It amazes me how SOME people can talk about causing "internet drama"......when they are the originators of the term. Handle your business....or shut the fuck up. It's that simple. Either way......."business" is not being handled on this message board when it takes the form of HATERISM. And the REAL is........every single person that "CLAIMS" to have some sort of problem with me HAS NOT approached me in private, one on one, to discuss such "problems" that they feel they have. Like I said before though.......I guess they need someone to blame for not being shit? Right? People claim to be "men".......but act like little boys.....and then cry when treated as such.

I have (with plenty of criticism) put my private company info on public display. It is true that it is really nobodies business but mine and the artists.....but I DON'T HAVE SHIT TO HIDE FROM NOBODY. People say....."hey D, you shouldn't air your dirty laundry"......and I understand that. But at the same time......I feel that I owe it to every fan of SLR to keep them informed about what's really goin' on. Is their favorite artist off the label? Should I answer them? Should I tell them what happend? Should they hear both sides of the story and draw a conclusion on their own? I think so. And if anything.........it will expose all of those up and coming artists and soon-to-be labels to what this bullshit-ass business is REALLY about. Because it ain't pretty......and it sure the fuck ain't that bullshit you see on MTV and BET.......with fake jewels, rented cars, rented houses and luxurious bullshit that 98% of those artists really DON'T have!

Anywayz......I just wanted to reach out to what supporters I still have and let you all know.........I AIN'T GOIN' NO FUCKIN' WHERE. I think Pac said it best......."I'm still me till they kill me." That's the only thing that's gonna stop me from supplyin' ya'll with more heat from the Seattle streets!!!!!!!!

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
I'm always down 206% D. You already knowin'.

*starts singing* "We ain't, go-in nowhere, we ain't, goin nowhere, cause it's Street Level for life!" :D

peez!

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
yeah, "screw you guys i'm goin home"-cartman

lol....it's a FUCKIN JOKE anyway, so don't think i would actually sing that unless i was fuckin' around.

this is supposed to be a postive post, quit tryina clown!

Apr 25, 2002
Sixxness said:
yeah, "screw you guys i'm goin home"-cartman

lol....it's a FUCKIN JOKE anyway, so don't think i would actually sing that unless i was fuckin' around.

this is supposed to be a postive post, quit tryina clown!
UH-HUH..SUUUUURE

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
@D

You have the mind of the ULTIMATE record label CEO. Now, all you need is artists who have similar minds.

Music aside (i aint the one to be givin advice, but fuck it, just CONSIDER IT, aight!), you gotta talk to these people... see how many dimensions they have...if they're 1D or 2D, they aint worth all the effort you put into them no matter how tight the music is...them 1D/2D people is the first to fall off when things go wrong..and things ALWAYS go wrong...and they aint the type to recover.. they're QUITTERS and if they ever DO make it anywhere, they turn into either HAS BEENS or "IM ABOUT TO BE"s...

Watch out for the people thats messin wit the you-know-what's too...even if its just a lil smoke here and there... Smokers are insecure, Budsmokers are indecisive, and the list goes on, but i wont break it down...i realize you cant go runnin around givin everybody UA's...but...damn...some people know how to act to control themselves, and some only know how to act WHILE THEY'RE BEING CONTROLLED...i wont get into psychology though

This is just 2 things you probably already know...basic, yet, most artists usually fuck em up. Drop an album, get 4-5 connections, start hearin rumors...next thing you know, they dont wanna be on your label no more (not being specific here, just in general).

Find the people that want ASSETS instead of MONEY...ask em about this shit...you aint gotta interview them in a 3 piece suit and make em fill out applications, but...damn.

(Ima catch some shit for this, but fuck it, i got my own back from these haters) -- I think you..lets see...should/could hire some "apprentices", which would be an easy thing to do...all you gotta do is provide them with the atmosphere without the usual 20-50$ per hour charge...true, it wouldnt be an open-invite, all-access all-the-songs-you-can-make marathon...

...but i think it'd be kinda tight from the owner's perspective to see what the apprentices would have to say, the things they point out, and what advice they could give, ...and if your artists cant work together, its fucked from the start...if your artists cant accept feedback or advice (ESPECIALLY advice) from other artists, its fucked...If certain artists only take advice from certain other artists, its fucked...it dont matter if its just 1 person recording or 5 that night, if someone's trying to write/record something for the label, i think the whole crew (as much as possible) should be there...

You're building up funds, so you cant be runnin around spending cash left and right.....psychology of artists, NOT using narcotics, and non-paid apprentices are all FREE....so im hoping this post wasnt a waste..?

((Waits for people to completely ignore the logic and decide to attack him instead saying generalized comments like "you just want a deal", "your wack, just give up", or the now customary "you're from a small town".....well...Shakespere was from a small little town named Stratford, which was over 100 miles away from London...and im about a 2 hour drive away from Seattle...thats all ima say about that)
-Tadou