Tim Wise on the concept of Whiteness

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 7, 2006

Heard this dude on KPFK...what do you guys think about this? There's more stuff on youtube if you're further interested.

Sep 28, 2002
I agree with almost everything he said & it made sense but its not something I wasn't already aware of..... I just had a problem following the logic of the Immigration line of reasoning. He seemed to be implying that the jobs would move south but if the job is picking oranges in Cali its not like you can move the grove to mexico..........

Mar 4, 2007
coo shit, thats what i've been sayin for hella years lol.
but i get accused of "white guilt"
lol, its not fuckin white guilt, its called elitism and fucked up classism.

but yeah um, about the border thing, i think he is specifically talking about factory jobs and cheap labor like that, of course farming that requires california soil will stay here w/ cheap labor, but, factories are movin over the border faster than any coyote with a van.

Oct 6, 2005
I just had a problem following the logic of the Immigration line of reasoning. He seemed to be implying that the jobs would move south but if the job is picking oranges in Cali its not like you can move the grove to mexico..........
I think he was making a larger indictment of Capitalism... Stopping the flow of illegals won't lead to higher wages... Baron's of industry aren't gonna raise our salaries just because the borders are closed...