This Is Why I'm Hot DELAY

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I haven't heard the song, but the waves delays are cool, and the standard pro tools delay is ok. Delays are usually set according to the BMP/TEMPO of the song. If you need a delay chart with the settings and how they should be made according to tempo I have one for you.

Apr 25, 2002
Please give the song a listen on Youtube.. a delay chart would be great. I'm not sure which preset delay is good on standard protools, 4-3, pingpong, etc???
I've played with the delay on standard PT for quite some time but it's hard to get the delay exactly how I want it on the verse, unless I just record each word I want echoed separately and just add delay to that track. Thanks.

Mar 22, 2004
Young D-A-T said:
Please give the song a listen on Youtube.. a delay chart would be great. I'm not sure which preset delay is good on standard protools, 4-3, pingpong, etc???
I've played with the delay on standard PT for quite some time but it's hard to get the delay exactly how I want it on the verse, unless I just record each word I want echoed separately and just add delay to that track. Thanks.
That's what alot of people do so it doesn't run on to the next line. You can also Automate the plug ins on Pro Tools to come on and off at certain points as well. Just use the master bypass to cut it in and out over certain words. But the first works too

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Heres a delay chart.

http://www.barryrudolph.com/greg/delay1.html

Time based fx like verb and delay need to be set to the tempo/bpm of the song. If not its going to be off. There are two or three types of delays going on in the song, I'm not going to tell you if they are 1/16 or whole delays because thats on you to figure out. I will tell you that the HOT delays end just before the snare. Also, the majority of the delays in the verses are not on one word. Listen to the silent sections of the song (like 2:00 - 2:08) and you'll see its his whole phrase.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANw7ZVrMHCE

What you need is a medium, long or extra long delay.

I know this isn't the style of music you are doing, but peep the delay on this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blIu9q2ehCo

May 6, 2002
HERESY said:
I haven't heard the song, but the waves delays are cool, and the standard pro tools delay is ok. Delays are usually set according to the BMP/TEMPO of the song. If you need a delay chart with the settings and how they should be made according to tempo I have one for you.
would you be able to hook me up? I use the protools delays that come standard.

Apr 25, 2002
Vince V. said:
That's what alot of people do so it doesn't run on to the next line. You can also Automate the plug ins on Pro Tools to come on and off at certain points as well. Just use the master bypass to cut it in and out over certain words. But the first works too
Are you talking about the master bypass button or the bypass in the plugin window? I just got my 002 recently and still getting used to the board.. not too familiar with automating plugins to cut in and out...

Mar 22, 2004
Young D-A-T said:
Are you talking about the master bypass button or the bypass in the plugin window? I just got my 002 recently and still getting used to the board.. not too familiar with automating plugins to cut in and out...
I haven't done it in a while so Heresy correct me if I'm wrong.

Go to the top left of the plug in window where it says AUTO- click that.
Now add the master bypass by clicking it and hitting add

Then you should be able to write the master bypass button on the plug in with each pass, by selecting WRITE on the track that the plug in is on and then clicking the master bypass button on and off when needed.

Just like automating faders and stuff. You can add all kinds of stuff to automate for plugins if you want to get crazy

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
make some dub/adlib/keyword tracks, say the words you want delayed, on time with the original word. set your delay to the tempo of the song, and put it on a 1/8th note delay, with no feedback...

that should get you what you want...

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Vince V. said:
I haven't done it in a while so Heresy correct me if I'm wrong.

Go to the top left of the plug in window where it says AUTO- click that.
Now add the master bypass by clicking it and hitting add

Then you should be able to write the master bypass button on the plug in with each pass, by selecting WRITE on the track that the plug in is on and then clicking the master bypass button on and off when needed.

Just like automating faders and stuff. You can add all kinds of stuff to automate for plugins if you want to get crazy

Correct

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Nonstop said:
make some dub/adlib/keyword tracks, say the words you want delayed, on time with the original word. set your delay to the tempo of the song, and put it on a 1/8th note delay, with no feedback...

that should get you what you want...
This works also.

and one last bit of advice, don't make the fx hella loud. In each vid thats been posted the fx is either the same as the reugal vocal or its lower.

Apr 25, 2002
HERESY said:
This works also.

and one last bit of advice, don't make the fx hella loud. In each vid thats been posted the fx is either the same as the reugal vocal or its lower.

Say I'm using two tracks for the adlib/keyword track, one panned more left the other panned more right, should I add the delay effect to both tracks or just one? Or should I just use one keyword track panned more center and add delay effect to that?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Young D-A-T said:
Say I'm using two tracks for the adlib/keyword track, one panned more left the other panned more right, should I add the delay effect to both tracks or just one? Or should I just use one keyword track panned more center and add delay effect to that?
Do what works best for the song. The main thing to focus on is having the delay properly set to begin with. Everything else is now a preference. If I were to put them on both I would probably have different (but not too different) settings for each track, and I probably would keep them more to the center (but not directly in the center) just so the mix wouldn't be lopsided.

Or you can take one track, keep it centered, pan one track to the side and have that tracks delay going to the opposite side. Or better yet, take both tracks and pan them halfway but pan the delays further out. Or you can take both, pan em half way, but pan each delay to the opposite side and more towards the middle.

Don't ask me how to do that cuzzo, cause its late, I can't sleep, need to sleep, and my brain is fucked off right now. However, you need to experiment and figure some of this shit out on your own (thats why I didn't come right out an dtell you what settings you needed.)