thinkin about gettin sattelite (sp?) radio...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 21, 2005
Which is the best choice, XM or sirius?? and do they have plenty of good underground rap stations on either? and any info on monthly fees would be a great help...

Apr 25, 2002
www.evilwayz.com
Sirius has way better programing........plus Howard Stern in Jan06......you can get a Xact Sirius reciever for $50 and get at $20 gift card from BestBuy, so its really only costin ya $30.....its about $15 a month..........if ya need more info hit up www.sirius.com

if you wanna spend alittle more cash, i recommend gettin the Sirius Starmate Replay........itz the one i have in my car, workz great

it cost bout $130 but if you buy it at BestBuy you can get a $50 rebate

Jul 6, 2002
I dont know much about the Xact but i have the Starmate and it is awesome for 1 u can record up to 44 or 45 minutes of programing say for instance u go to the grocery store and of course at times u dont want to get out of the car cause u are jamming a song or waiting to see what Howard Stern says next just hit the record button and when u get out u can rewind and listen to it..2nd i love it cause it tells u when your favorite team is playing and gives u updates on the score when your team is playing..3rd u can have up to 30 favorite artists or songs programmed on there so when one of them is playing it will alert u man o man what sucks for me i bought mine ONE FREAKING DAY TOO EARLY....after i got mine the following day Sirius is giving 50$$ mail in rebate DANG IT!!!! OH WELL my sattelite is still one of the best purchases i have had in a long time......

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
get Sirius....they got some good hip hop stations, and Stern is a must. Im gettin it before the years end but ive been signing up 3day trial accounts on sirius.com (u can only listen on the net with that though)

Sep 19, 2003
I heard XM and liked it... but I've never heard Sirius so I wouldn't know if it's any good. XM has koo rap stations, and they have a tight comedy station too. I don't like listening to Howerd Stern, but if it ever comes out on DVD I'm buying that shit.

Apr 25, 2002
www.evilwayz.com
i had XM, it was decent......alot better than regular radio, but the day that Howard announced he was goin to Sirius, i cancel'd my subscription and got Sirius........and the programing is 10x better IMO

it cost the same monthly, XM has better equipment right now, but Sirius has new recievers comin out every month so itz only a matter of time before they overtake em on that too........go wit Sirius you wont be sorry

Jul 6, 2002
Nuttkase said:
Thanks for the info Skipper.
No problem, and your welcome anything i can do to help..

Hey Karloz sirius has comedy stations too RAW DOG is great im sure you would like it. Also i think the only thing that XM has for now is that they have more music stations they have something like over 100 plus while Sirius has like under 100 either way like all the others have said Sirius has better programing..Hey Evil do u know when that new Sirius Sattelite is droppin the one where it has something like an MP3 player i forgot the name of it i know its gonna run like 3 or 4 bills....

Apr 25, 2002
www.evilwayz.com
skipper said:
..Hey Evil do u know when that new Sirius Sattelite is droppin the one where it has something like an MP3 player i forgot the name of it i know its gonna run like 3 or 4 bills....
itz called the S50

right now itz sellin for $330..........but id give it a few monthz before cop'n one, the price is sure to drop.....the downside is that unless itz on the dock you cant get live programing........so you have to record showz ya want from home.........by the end of 06 they should have a version that getz live programz like the MyFi from XM