These Are Our Heroes

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 4, 2006
I have to admit I was hella sleeping on Streets Disciple. My friend burned disc 1 for me and I decided to listen to it yesturday while smoking a few ls.
When I played these are our heroes I had to repeat it like 4 or 5 times. The song is hella sick. The whole disc 1 was sick but that song really stood out to me. I see why people gave this cd bad reviews though. It's not pop music it's a thinking person's music. What did you guys think about this song?

Mar 4, 2006
"Street's Disciple is an album that flew over alot of fans' heads. very misunderstood.

People don't understand.....stylistically and tone-wise......Street's Disciple was Nas's most "Hip Hop" album since Illmatic......like, this shit is to the core, unwatered, intelligent Hip Hop at it's finest.

tracks like Disciple, Sekou Story, Live Now, Nazareth Savage, Theif's Theme, Street's Disciple, Briding The Gap, Just A Moment, Rest of My Life, Remember The Times and War are just dope Hip Hop songs in general.

he dealt with things about his family..his daughter and getting married on songs like Me & You and Getting Married.

He dealt with conscious issues on songs like Coon Picnic, American Way, & A Message to the Feds.

He took it back to raw breakdancing type 80's Hip Hop with tracks like U.B.R. and You Know My Style.

his flow was amazing.....vocabulary and subject matter just crazy beyond words.

The album is so uncompromising, creative, and complex..that is belongs in a class all to itself. seperate from other Nas albums and other rap albums in general. He did some of everything on this album.

Street's Disciple is a classic in it's own right."

This is what some cat on the ic said about the cd

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
autistic said:
"Street's Disciple is an album that flew over alot of fans' heads. very misunderstood.

People don't understand.....stylistically and tone-wise......Street's Disciple was Nas's most "Hip Hop" album since Illmatic......like, this shit is to the core, unwatered, intelligent Hip Hop at it's finest.

tracks like Disciple, Sekou Story, Live Now, Nazareth Savage, Theif's Theme, Street's Disciple, Briding The Gap, Just A Moment, Rest of My Life, Remember The Times and War are just dope Hip Hop songs in general.

he dealt with things about his family..his daughter and getting married on songs like Me & You and Getting Married.

He dealt with conscious issues on songs like Coon Picnic, American Way, & A Message to the Feds.

He took it back to raw breakdancing type 80's Hip Hop with tracks like U.B.R. and You Know My Style.

The album is so uncompromising, creative, and complex..that is belongs in a class all to itself. seperate from other Nas albums and other rap albums in general. He did some of everything on this album.

AGREE 100000%...

These Are Our Heroes is a classic song, IMO.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
autistic said:

It would be a classic if it had Illmatic-level beats...

Instead it had "your-average-sorry-ass-backpack-album"-level beats which is the reason why me and many others didn't like it

You need great beats to fully appreciate great rhymes, people need to understand it:ermm:

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
ThaG said:
It would be a classic if it had Illmatic-level beats...

Instead it had "your-average-sorry-ass-backpack-album"-level beats which is the reason why me and many others didn't like it

You need great beats to fully appreciate great rhymes, people need to understand it:ermm:
I don't.