"The Worst" and "The Worst 2k"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 21, 2005
Is it up there as some of tech's best work?

IMO 19/20 tracks from these albums are classic tech, with only one small flaw ("i didnt lie".. but tech has a great verse on it), and it has alot of replay value. I can just chill and let it play from start to finish.

"Theyre all gonna laugh at you", "Trauma", "Simon Says", and "Niggas" are some of my fav tech tracks. They define the feel and sound tech had in the late 90's

What are your thoughts on this album?

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
If not for K.O.D., I'd expect this thread to be flooded with Demons jokes. The album has it's jewels though, but I think I would take The Calm over The Worst.

Sicc OG
Oct 4, 2002
I love the Worst and The Calm. Classic albums and I am a fan from back then when they were new albums. I wish more people were aware that Tech made great music before Anghellic.

May 31, 2007
I love the Worst and The Calm. Classic albums and I am a fan from back then when they were new albums. I wish more people were aware that Tech made great music before Anghellic.
See im one of those people who probably sounds like I dont know anything before Anghellic if someone actually looked through my posts. I have listened to The Calm and The Worst, and yes some shit is good. The only thing about these albums is when I give them a quick listen through like just playing the songs in the background for something and not actually listenin t lyrical content I get the chill impression. I dont like my music chill.. I like more hyped up shit and thats why I think I like AngHellic more.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
CBTS and The Worst OG both stay in occasional rotation to this day...

both contain vast amounts of replay value and have their fair share of gems on each album. I am all for circa 1990's synths and funk/jazz elements which both contain (The Worst more so)

even the second last track which tech didn't grace was fucking heat (Fucked Up Day w/ Charmelle Cofield)

Nov 21, 2005
If not for K.O.D., I'd expect this thread to be flooded with Demons jokes. The album has it's jewels though, but I think I would take The Calm over The Worst.
i'll give a slight edge to cbts over the worst.. thats prob my 2nd fav tech album. its filled with heat from top to bottom. "Cloudy-Eyed Stroll" is one of the best over all tech tracks imo ... Tech murders it on "clueless" and "questions". all the other tracks are classic aswell

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
The Worst contained three tracks Why? Tech N9ne, Mad Confusion & They're Gonna Laugh At You which were later replaced with Let's Get It Started, Young Hooligans, & Strange and re-released as The Worst 2K Edition

ET23

Sicc OG
May 22, 2008
The Worst 2K is one of my fav Tech albums. What ever happened to Paul Law though? His singing and Tech's flows on some of the tracks were classic...i'd like to hear another collab. "Fucked Up Day", "Thugged Out", "The Worst", "Planet Rock" all good shit yessurp.

Feb 8, 2006
Great albums. "Questions", "The Worst", "Clueless", "Relish" are some of my favorite songs but great cds for the most part. I asked Tech at a concert if he would ever get the rights to put these back out on the strange label and he said no. Kinda seems like a missed opportunity since this is some of his better work in my opinion (let's face it Killer was not that great and yes I can tell it was recorded in a month). Don't get me wrong though I love AP, Eveready, K.O.D. and maybe 2 or 3 songs of Killer but I just seem to like his darker stuff.
He could put them back out in the Vintage Tech series.

Nov 21, 2005
I asked Tech at a concert if he would ever get the rights to put these back out on the strange label and he said no. Kinda seems like a missed opportunity since this is some of his better work in my opinion (let's face it Killer was not that great and yes I can tell it was recorded in a month). Don't get me wrong though I love AP, Eveready, K.O.D. and maybe 2 or 3 songs of Killer but I just seem to like his darker stuff.
He could put them back out in the Vintage Tech series.
yea i would LOVE if he re-mastered and re-released these... that would be awesome. Thats a damn shame he cant get the rights for these albums.

i also agree about his new material... its cool but its not the tech i grew up listenin to. Theyre are probably towards they back end of my favorite tech albums

Jun 19, 2008
my favorite tech n9ne songs are the ones that weren't on his solo's like hellbound and shit like smokin on that indo and what we flowin foe. he should do another vintage tech lol.