@ the Unknown Territory Fam....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 30, 2002
y'all have been dormant on us... we need more heat from y'all.. SLR has laced us.. UA has laced us... speedy gonzalez gave us a preview..... wheres UTR? i know y'all got some savage ass shit in the vault....

pz

Dec 30, 2003
www.soundclick.com
I cant speak for'em but I know they holdin it down and taking they time with there product so they put out nothing but quality... and as far as I know MTM's will be back when they get there site up and runnin... but like I said I cant speak for'em... I'm sure Mo will get up on here and let yall know the sitch...

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.unknownterritoryrecords.com
*EDIT* - A good friend of mine pointed out that the statute of limitations hasen't quite ran out yet so I should shut the fuck up. Thanks brother...

Twelve months ago, my father decided it was time to sell the house because the market was a sellers market, great idea. So he gets a small second mortgage, about $75,000 or so and starts to remodel the house. Well his calculations were a bit off. So all that money went into the house, but it wasn’t finished or ready to be sold to maximize the value of the property. Currently the market is red hot, but he overextended himself. That type of shit happens to people everyday. Except most people lose their homes, posessions, or even their lives. One day my pops pulls me to the side and tells me the bad news. He only had enough money to last 3 months before everything came crashing down. That was the end of April. All my life I always said that if my family put themselves in a situation where they couldn't make the mortgage I would *do what I had to do* in order to fix it. So 3 months ago, I said fuck it, I had to MAN THE FUCK UP and support my family. Naturally I had two choices. Go back be my previous activities or go back to work? I did some things I shouldn't have, made a quick buck and quickly was convicted in my heart as that it was the wrong thing to do... Now of course this attack of conscience had everything to do with growing up, so I went back to work for the Software industry. I don't intend to be here forever, just long enough for everything to be straight again. I would like nothing more than to open up my studio to the public again and get back to work. Except this time around I'd spend more time on my projects instead of everyone else’s. So 75% of my paychecks are going towards the house to be finished and my father pays the bills with his income, and that's that. How much more brutally honest can I be? Not much.

As it stands now I'm working 60-80 hours per week. I don't talk to D-Sane, Red Head Steve, or JT much, and I used to chop it with them ON THE DAILY and that's beginning to get under my skin because those are my folks. But when I have to put in an 80 hour week, that's one hell of a hard one to fit into 5 or 6 days. Work with me here for a second... Monday-Friday @ 80 Hours: That's 16 hours at work, 45 minutes to drive home, sleep for 6 hours, and then it's another 45 minute drive back to work. The past few weeks it's been 60 hours which is much more do-able. But at this point, I'm just trying to stay sane. I haven't had a session with anyone from the UTR camp for a minute. All I can look forward to is that the contract runs out in November. So by November the new Mo-X & Lil' G album will be back to being worked on because I'm going to take a 40 hour per week contract. However, I can tell you we do have a solid 10 hot tracks (and I mean hot tracks, not skippers, we have 10 skippers and 10 SOLID HOT ASS TRACKS) with production from Beat Senseless Productions (Pain, Red Head Steve, Mo-X), D-Sane, Apollo and ill3k. We have two features so far... Red Head Steve, and 151. I fully expect the album to drop next summer, and although that's a year a way, I guarantee the album will be hot.

So that's what's going on with UTR. If there were more hours in the day, I would be happier and you would be as well, but we're only working with 24 here. LOL. So until then, I gotta get back to work because today is a 7am to 11pm day and I got tons of shit to get done. We'll be back folks, I promise that.

Nov 30, 2002
damn.... sorry to hear youre ina situation like that... but its good you got your priorities straight for sure... keep doin what youre doin... i think its the right thing... as for the album... when it drops it drops... but its bound to be on a new level for UTR... maybe for the NW... all of you have stepped up game since the first album.. and i was diggin that... so this second ones gotta be straight heat!

pz

Mar 9, 2005
Damn, all I can say is Mo man just keep doing your thing - I'll be waiting for that album to drop and even though it looks like it'll be a minute I know it'll be worth it! Good luck man and stay up!!!